[Twinsen][1.1.19] Default modified instead of death-world preset after going forward and back

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[Twinsen][1.1.19] Default modified instead of death-world preset after going forward and back

Post by AntiElitz »

If you select eg. the death-world preset and go one window back and than forward in will have changed to default [modified], even though it still has the exact death-world settings.
However within the screen if you change any setting it changes to death-world modified. If you change that setting back, it will detect the death world normal preset again. So that detection logic already exists, it just doesn't trigger when re-entering the generation screen.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1.19] Default modified instead of death-world preset after going forward and back

Post by jodokus31 »

+1
I want to add, that the seed gets changed, if you go back (f.e. to enable replay checkbox) and then forward again. This is a bit annoying, if you want to add replay for an already chosen specific seed.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.19] Default modified instead of death-world preset after going forward and back

Post by Twinsen »

I can't reproduce the behavior. Where are you opening the map generator gui?

The map generator settings are saved when a new map is actually started, so going back to the new game gui and forward will revert to the last saved state.
Also the preset is selected correctly.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

My case:

- (Re)open factorio
- Single Player
- New Game
- Freeplay is selected. Press Next
- Preset Default is selected with seed (remember seed)
- Select Deathworld
- Press Back
- Check replay or do nothing
- Press Next

Result:
Preset Default is selected again with different random seed

It behaves differently, if I open a map once and quit. Then the preset and seed are always used as default setting

I don't know, how to produce Anti's case, but I did see this, too

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by AntiElitz »

Twinsen wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:01 pm
I can't reproduce the behavior. Where are you opening the map generator gui?

The map generator settings are saved when a new map is actually started, so going back to the new game gui and forward will revert to the last saved state.
Also the preset is selected correctly.
Here is a showcase: https://youtu.be/CzCN3WmRx7w

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

First bug was related to the selected preset not being saved in the multiplayer GUI. There's no logic that recognizes the selected preset, it just remembers the last one selected in the gui.

Regarding the second bug, pressing back cancels all the changes made to the gui, not just the seed, so it was more or less working as designed:the gui state was only saved when pressing Play/Next, but this doesn't make any sense, so I changed it so the gui state is also saved when pressing back.
This means that returning to the Map Generator Gui in the same game session should now always show the previous state.

Fixed in Version: 1.1.20
- Fixed that the selected map generator preset was not correctly saved when generating a map for multiplayer or map editor.
- Fixed that the map generator GUI would only save it's state when pressing Next/Play.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Twinsen wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:47 pm
Fixed in Version: 1.1.20
- Fixed that the selected map generator preset was not correctly saved when generating a map for multiplayer or map editor.
- Fixed that the map generator GUI would only save it's state when pressing Next/Play.
Thank you :)

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”