[dead] Wagons: More train stuff

Topics and discussion about specific mods
SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [beta] Wagons: More train stuff

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Release a version for 0.11!!! And when it has no porting from 0.10 I don't care, I want better trains.

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

SuperSandro2000 wrote:Release a version for 0.11!!! And when it has no porting from 0.10 I don't care, I want better trains.
I started a new game in 0.11.3 and was ecstatic about powered rails and locomotives and then disappointed when it didn't load in 0.11.3 at all. (I never knew about this mod before and so never tried it in 0.10.x. I can't guarantee that the behavior is the same or that it operates as expected.)

I stripped out everything except powered rails and locomotives and have been using this for a few days with little issue but your results may vary. (I got impatient and powered trains were a priority for me.)

A working version for 0.11.3 (Mod version wasn't bumped) [powered rails and locomotives only]
USE THIS AT YOUR WON RISK. BAD THINGS MAY HAPPEN (TM).

Known issues:
Do not use constructor bots to place/remove powered rails.
Locomotives destroyed by means other than the player right-clicking on it aren't removed properly and leads to fuel issues with new locomotives placed after said destruction.

BE CAREFUL!

PS: If/when 'JamesOFarrell' either updates this or uploads powered trains/rails separately I will remove this link. (@JamesOFarrell If you don't want me releasing this let me know.)
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

MasterBuilder wrote:stuff..
Awesome man. Thanks for that. I've updated the first post with the link. That should be all anyone needs to open their save as well.

Nathan1852
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [dead] Wagons: More train stuff

Post by Nathan1852 »

When you want to discontinue the mod, would you mind if I took over?
I would love to use the wagons provided by the mod in 0.11.x, maybe even add some by my own.
You of course would be credited as the original creator of the mod.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

Nathan1852 wrote:When you want to discontinue the mod, would you mind if I took over?
I would love to use the wagons provided by the mod in 0.11.x, maybe even add some by my own.
Everything is MIT licensed and you are welcome to take any/all of it and use it as you like. You can credit me if you want but it is not required. I'll be using the electric train sprites and power rail soon in a mod myself but don't let that stop you. PM me a Google account and i'll share the drive folder with you and load it up with all the blender files and stuff you need. I also have a copy that mostly works for 0.11 multiplayer with liquid wagons in it that needs testing and debugging but should be pretty simple to get working well. Once you get a thread going let me know and I'll link it from this one.

berni1212
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by berni1212 »

JamesOFarrell wrote:
Nathan1852 wrote:When you want to discontinue the mod, would you mind if I took over?
Everything is MIT licensed and you are welcome to take any/all of it and use it as you like. You can credit me if you want but it is not required. I'll be using the electric train sprites and power rail soon in a mod myself but don't let that stop you. PM me a Google account and i'll share the drive folder with you and load it up with all the blender files and stuff you need. I also have a copy that mostly works for 0.11 multiplayer with liquid wagons in it that needs testing and debugging but should be pretty simple to get working well. Once you get a thread going let me know and I'll link it from this one.

By the Liquid trains IS MP Testing really good we don't have any problems at the moment :mrgreen:
Sorry for my bad English ! i will not remove it !
WIP Test MODS
RailTanker [MP WIP]

Dariel92
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dariel92 »

RU: Всем привет, у меня небольшая проблема, я играю в Factorio 0,11,3 и использую этот мод, но при загрузке игры вылетает такая ошибка
Error while loading entity prototype "gun-turret-mounted" (ammo-turret): No such node (width)
Я пробовал просто полностью удалить стрелковую турель, но такую же ошибку выдает и с лазерной турелью. Не мог бы кто нибудь подсказать как это исправить?
EN: Hello everyone, I have a small problem, I play in Factorio 0,11,3 and use this mod, but when loading the game crashes this error
Error while loading the entity prototype "gun-turret-mounted" (ammo-turret): No such node (width)
I tried just completely remove small turret, but the same error issues and with the laser turret. Could anyone suggest how to fix it?

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

Dariel92 wrote:EN: Hello everyone, I have a small problem, I play in Factorio 0,11,3 and use this mod, but when loading the game crashes this error
Error while loading the entity prototype "gun-turret-mounted" (ammo-turret): No such node (width)
I tried just completely remove small turret, but the same error issues and with the laser turret. Could anyone suggest how to fix it?
The mod doesn't work in 0.11.x. A lot of thing changed like 'frame_height/frame_width' are now just 'height/width' which is why you get that specific error but there's a lot more than just that to fix.
The only thin that does work in 0.11.x are the electric locomotives and rails which I converted over. (All other parts of the mod were stripped out.) [Link is available in the first post.]
If you want the liquid wagons they were split into a separate mod here: [Mod 0.11.x] Rail Tanker - Liquid transport
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Dariel92
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dariel92 »

RU: Вагоны для жидкостей я давно использую, да и сперва я скачал версию без вагонов, но так хотелось использовать все эти вагоны. Ну что ж, все равно спасибо за разъяснение, буду пытаться сам исправить эти ошибки, может и пойму наконец как программировать в lua.

EN:Cars for liquids I've been using, and at first I downloaded the version without cars, but wanted to use all these cars. . Well, anyway thanks for the clarification, I will try myself to fix these errors, and can finally understand how to program in Lua

starxplor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starxplor »

I am still holding hope that some form of logistic carts is released for 0.11.x. When combined with dytech ultimate mining drill filling a provider chest that gets transported by bot to the train, these have amazing throughput.

gnz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gnz »

JamesOFarrell wrote:
Can I take you up on the offer of the blender files? I've updated the logistic wagons to 0.11 and fixed some small annoyances and wanted to put it up as a small logistics only mod. I wanted to add some new graphics since I'm not a fan of the recolouring but I'm having a hard time getting sizes to match up. If you have a blender file with some carriages on it then it be a great help to get it right.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

Sure. The accumulator blender files can be found here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

There is also a fantastic looking provider wagon that Koli did burred in this thread here: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =40#p32379

gnz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gnz »

JamesOFarrell wrote:Sure. The accumulator blender files can be found here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

There is also a fantastic looking provider wagon that Koli did burred in this thread here: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =40#p32379
Thank you. I've put up this as Logistics Wagons.

Xerrass
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Xerrass »

Hey JamesOFarrell is it posibal to use the Acumulator Cariage Model for my own mod ?

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

Xerrass wrote:Hey JamesOFarrell is it posibal to use the Acumulator Cariage Model for my own mod ?
I can't think why not. The whole thing is MIT licensed. I think if you dig through the thread you should find the blender file.

Xerrass
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Xerrass »

thx

Drac
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Drac »

How does this mod work with "FARL" are there any known bugs? Train mods i run are Farl, Smart trains, Fat Controller, and Rail Tanker. So I was curious if this would cause any issues with that mod set?

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

Drac wrote:How does this mod work with "FARL" are there any known bugs? Train mods i run are Farl, Smart trains, Fat Controller, and Rail Tanker. So I was curious if this would cause any issues with that mod set?
You mean beyond the fact that this mod is dead and won't even load? Yes, there will be other issues. Move along, nothing to see here.

It's in obsolete for a reason.

5dim has a 'Trains' module which basically started as a rescued form of this mod. It's grown since then. If you want the functionality here, that's the way to go.

funnysunnybunny
Inserter
Inserter

Post by funnysunnybunny »

It seems like there is no version available currently, not even the one from 5dim, I wonder how i'd go about resurrecting this, will have a look at the wagons, a pity I can't find 5dims trains for 0.12 since factoriomods is down

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

Honestly, this mod was a mess before i abandoned it. There was no multiplayer back then and the mod API looks very different now because of it. You would be better of stealing the assets and starting from scratch.

Return to “Mods”