Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Industrial Revolution 2 discussion

Post by DayDreamer7 »

Solinya wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:13 am
Stephenishere wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:30 am
Does anyone know how to make or find Ruby? I can't make the laser assemblers without lasers and without rubies I can't make lasers. I'm trying to make blue circuits and their components are only able to be made in laser assemblers. There's a research item once you get the next science, Chrome analysis pack, which allows the building cubic press. From what I can tell, that is able to make rubies.

I don't know, I'm lost. :*( Plz help.
Per the reply here, you should be able to occasionally find some from mining.
My deposits doesn't contains gems. Any idea how to fix it? Thanks

nosports
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nosports »

Stephenishere wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:30 am
Does anyone know how to make or find Ruby? I can't make the laser assemblers without lasers and without rubies I can't make lasers. I'm trying to make blue circuits and their components are only able to be made in laser assemblers. There's a research item once you get the next science, Chrome analysis pack, which allows the building cubic press. From what I can tell, that is able to make rubies.

I don't know, I'm lost. :*( Plz help.
If you hover with a miner in hand, there sometimes appier beside the ore also the ruby/diamond.
But it seems thats only for further away deposits...
You may also try a resource map label-mod which probably can highlight / show deposits with diamnonds

Stimpatch
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Stimpatch »

Sadly, there is a Streamer abusing the mod to stream it while accepting donations:
https://www.twitch.tv/faebss

i did inform hin about this issue, quote "i dont know anything about this"

:/

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

Stimpatch wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:09 pm
Sadly, there is a Streamer abusing the mod to stream it while accepting donations:

according to KLONAN, video qualifies as transformative work, there's no violation here.
Last edited by ptx0 on Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

ptx0 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:17 pm
Stimpatch wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:09 pm

video qualifies as transformative work, there's no violation here.
And getting money for it is also transformative? Sounds more like commercial use for me.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Bye, bye, thread

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Preventive word of notice : discussions on licensing often degenerate into heated debates. Please do not turn this thread into such a discussion, everything has already been said in previous threads on this very topic. I'm sure Deadlock989 is now warned, if he wants to take action, he can, if he doesn't bother to, it's his choice.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

orzelek wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:47 pm
And getting money for it is also transformative? Sounds more like commercial use for me.
yes, it is a transformative work, especially with commentary, which makes it fair use. of course, it's up to Deadlock989 to bring the claim against the person, no one else has standing.

Linver
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Linver »

Hi guys. I want to say some special thanks to Deadlock too.
Normal Factorio users don't know how much work is this, and this is A LOT of work (I know it well),
and give me the chance to play again Factorio with friends. I suggest to all to try it at least once.

So without enter into misunderstood speeches, if Deadlock will read this: only "congrats on the revamp".

badams
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by badams »

Both my kids and I would like to send a huge thank-you to Deadlock for re-releasing Industrial Revolution. My only quibble has been that it's so much fun, it's distracted my elder kid from modmaking attempts for the time being! :)

wobbycarly
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wobbycarly »

I found a very minor bug in a specific tooltip, just in case Deadlock is reading this...
Factorio 1.1.12_IR-bug.png
Factorio 1.1.12_IR-bug.png (91.51 KiB) Viewed 6057 times

I tried IR1 and couldn't get into it, but I've managed to get over the start hump and IR2 is awesome. I especially love the attention to detail with the descriptions of the entities and science progression. It's a slow start (as advertised) but I'm really enjoying the steam spaghetti that can ensue... :D

Thanks Deadlock!

Roy
Inserter
Inserter

Bug etheric lamps toggle key

Post by Roy »

I have no idea where to post bug reports, so I'll post it here:
Pressing the toggle key (Shift+E) that is described in one of the tips and tricks, on an aetheric lamp will put an extra lamp in my inventory. So there is currently a duplication exploit on those lamps...

hekpedo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by hekpedo »

dear Deadlock, i had played industrial revolution 2 + krastorio 2 in 1.1 version, after 1.1.19 and new version of IR2 i have crushed:( Please help me:( I injoy IR2+K2, but now it was crush

p.s. And what about complementation IR2+K2+ Space Exploration?

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

hekpedo wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:20 pm
dear Deadlock,[...]Please help me:( [...]p.s. And what about complementation IR2+K2+ Space Exploration?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

it's not going to happen and bug reports are ignored

Kyralessa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kyralessa »

ptx0 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:01 pm
IR2 is already on its seventh version, which would seem to indicate that you're talking out of your posterior.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

Kyralessa wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:20 pm
ptx0 wrote:
IR2 is already on its seventh version, which would seem to indicate that you're talking out of your posterior.
Deadlock989 has stated himself, "contacting me isn't a thing" - "bug reports aren't a thing".

when I said "it's not going to happen", I was referring to K2 + SE + IR2. K2 and SE authors have put in specific blocks to prevent this combination. that has nothing to do with how many versions of IR2 are released.

you seem to have a negative bias toward me and react with this shitty attitude whenever you can.

Kyralessa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kyralessa »

ptx0 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:33 pm
Kyralessa wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:20 pm
ptx0 wrote:
Deadlock989 has stated himself, "contacting me isn't a thing" - "bug reports aren't a thing".

when I said "it's not going to happen", I was referring to K2 + SE + IR2. K2 and SE authors have put in specific blocks to prevent this combination. that has nothing to do with how many versions of IR2 are released.

you seem to have a negative bias toward me and react with this shitty attitude whenever you can.
What you said was "bug reports are ignored" which, again, given the number of versions, is obviously not true.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

ptx0 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:33 pm
You have that certain flavour to your speech, which is sometimes very upsetting (to me and obviously also to others). I don't know, if you intend to do so or if its just unlucky words, but you should be more careful, if you want to change that. If not... yeah...good luck

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

Bug report. The following quote is just meant to make Deadlock notice this. (Hope this works, as I quoted from another thread. :-)
Deadlock989 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:56 pm
I've got this crash:

Code: Select all

12.243 Error ModManager.cpp:1560: Error while loading technology prototype "geode-processing-1" (technology): Difficulty normal: Ingredient with type item and name "logistic-science-pack" is registered twice in the technology
Modifications: Angel's Refining › Industrial Revolution 2
Dump of data.raw.technology["geode-processing-1"].unit.ingredients at the end of Angel's data-final-fixes.lua:

Code: Select all

ingredients = {
      {
        amount = 1,
        name = "automation-science-pack",
        type = "item"
      },
      {
        amount = 1,
        name = "logistic-science-pack",
        type = "item"
      },
      {
        "logistic-science-pack",
      },
      {
        "chemical-science-pack",
      }
    },
Angel's Refining provides the ingredients in the long form, IR2 uses the short form. I guess you already make sure that there are no duplicate ingredientsI confirmed you already make sure there are no duplicate ingredients by converting unit.ingredients of this tech to the short form. However, this check won't work if you try to compare a short-form with a long-form ingredient. Would you mind normalizing the input before the comparison?
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

DarkyPupu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DarkyPupu »

Most thanks to Deadlock indeed.

Totally understands the policy, do whatever you want at your pace and your way, because obviously, it is excellent this way 8-)

Return to “Mods”