Acid pool stack

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
JaminRoyale
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Acid pool stack

Post by JaminRoyale »

Acid pool stacking makes no sense. Obviously you can "just dodge" but god damn does it even suck to stand on 10x pool of acid in a single tile. Obviously base setting you wont have to deal with this, but alot of worms and spitters can fit on the screen and shoot at once. The initial damage makes sense but stacking pools does not.

Stacking should be disabled IMHO. Make the acid pool higher DPS if you want but please disable acid pool stacking.

JaminRoyale
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Acid pool stack

Post by JaminRoyale »

LOL no one gives a damn I guess cause 95% of players wont even experience this issue.

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

Yes I agree. Not just the damage, but also the slowing (and why does the slow affect the spidertrons so much!).
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Kyralessa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kyralessa »

Have you been killed by a stacked acid pool?

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

+1

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

JaminRoyale
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JaminRoyale »

Kyralessa wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:08 pm
Yes. I do not play base game mode though. If base game actually was a challenge with spitters and wurms then youd feel the burn too.

Kyralessa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kyralessa »

JaminRoyale wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:49 pm
Kyralessa wrote:
Yes. I do not play base game mode though. If base game actually was a challenge with spitters and wurms then youd feel the burn too.
OK, keep going... How are you playing such that acid pools are killing you?

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Excessive stacking of acid pools doesn't make sense. Maybe have a cap at 2 or 3 times?

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Generally it is when you don't bother dodging, or keep attacking the same angle, so the whole area gets covered in acid.
took me a while to get the hang of it. Before spitter rework, it was pretty much a dps race, no manouvering involved aside from chosing the angle and retreating.

That said, damage stacking really sucks because you can't get strong enough to facetank anymore, and moreso that on grass terrain acid is near invisible. I wish it were animated.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

JaminRoyale
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JaminRoyale »

think 20+ behemoth worms.

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

Kyralessa wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:18 pm
JaminRoyale wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:49 pm
Kyralessa wrote:
OK, keep going... How are you playing such that acid pools are killing you?
JaminRoyale wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:34 pm
think 20+ behemoth worms.
You can easily get bases with 100 or more worms in vanilla.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

Kyralessa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kyralessa »

AmericanPatriot wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:29 pm
Right, but where I'm having trouble is the part where the acid kills you that quickly. Do you run in with no armor? No shields?

When I clear out a huge base, I start around the outside and gradually spiral in toward the center. I don't plow right into the middle. I can see where plowing right into the middle of everything would get you killed by huge acid puddles, but the obvious solution is "Don't do that."

But perhaps I'm missing something. What scenario is there where these giant acid puddles get people killed, and they can't be avoided by acting more judiciously?

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Kyralessa wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:07 am
AmericanPatriot wrote:
Right, but where I'm having trouble is the part where the acid kills you that quickly. Do you run in with no armor? No shields?

When I clear out a huge base, I start around the outside and gradually spiral in toward the center. I don't plow right into the middle. I can see where plowing right into the middle of everything would get you killed by huge acid puddles, but the obvious solution is "Don't do that."

But perhaps I'm missing something. What scenario is there where these giant acid puddles get people killed, and they can't be avoided by acting more judiciously?
I wasn't arguing for or against either side, just pointing something out.
I generally am not killed by worms often: I consider myself good at dodging left and right so the worms miss early game; mid game just play catiously.

I can see how with heavy biter settings, you might be in a position where there is no place to dodge to, but I usually set the starting area high enough so that I have decent technology to deal with them.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Kyralessa wrote:
The odd thing, that its possible to stack the acid pools. It's like throwing water a certain spot and it gets massively deep there, but directly around not. It gets a bit random, which acid pool is really bad and which not.
At least, it should be visible somehow, which acid spot deals lot of damage and which not.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

I was wondering if the flame puddles (from handled and turret flamethrowers) also did stack in their effects or not. Might seem unrelated, but both fire and acid puddle could behave the same way (either both stack, or both don't).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

MEOWMI
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MEOWMI »

^ The only thing that makes acid pools worse is their poor visibility in terrain!

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Koub wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:45 am
I was wondering if the flame puddles (from handled and turret flamethrowers) also did stack in their effects or not. Might seem unrelated, but both fire and acid puddle could behave the same way (either both stack, or both don't).
They get bigger, but I have no idea if the damage increases, if the sticker damage stacks, if larger/deeper flamer puddles deal more damage, or what. I don't generally stand in front of my own flamethrowers.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Ranakastrasz wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:58 pm
They get bigger, but I have no idea if the damage increases, if the sticker damage stacks, if larger/deeper flamer puddles deal more damage, or what. I don't generally stand in front of my own flamethrowers.
They both deal more damage and last longer when stacked.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

AmericanPatriot wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:01 am
Ranakastrasz wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:58 pm
They both deal more damage and last longer when stacked.
For clarification, are you talking about the puddles, the stickers, or both?
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

JaminRoyale
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JaminRoyale »

Kyralessa wrote:
AmericanPatriot wrote:

Mountain Fortress

Return to “Balancing”