[1.1.19] Spidertron personal logistics setup not displayed

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
NullPointer005
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.19] Spidertron personal logistics setup not displayed

Post by NullPointer005 »

After setting up personal logistics on a spidertron and reopening the menu, the current setup is not displayed any more.
The ssettings are still applied though.

See attached recording for more details.
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(7.48 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
factorio-current.log
(12.13 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
screenrecording.webm
(11.93 MiB) Downloaded 150 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.19] Spidertron personal logistics setup not displayed

Post by Loewchen »

I cannot reproduce this.
Can you reproduce this without mods?

NullPointer005
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by NullPointer005 »

I checked again with all mods disabled. Then i can no longer reproduce any issue like this.
It seems to be caused by the "Logistic Network Channels" mod (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/LogiNetChannels)
The issue is present with the mod just being activated, even though if the feature from the mod is not used.

So I guess I post this issue there.

Thanks for the quick reply.

ceresward
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ceresward »

Thanks for the report, I will update as soon as I can. Thread on the mod portal for this issue: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/LogiNetCh ... 278a376a5d

ceresward
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ceresward »

I have new information. My mod is definitely related, however there may be an underlying Factorio bug as well.

The reported bug can be reproduced without mods by hovering the mouse over a Spidertron and running this command in the chat window:

Code: Select all

/c game.player.selected.force = game.player.selected.force
It seems when a Spidertron changes forces, its logistic requests get cleared. This might be a bug...I can't think of any problems it would cause to preserve the logistic requests when changing forces. I guess maybe if there is a request for an item that the other force doesn't have researched yet, it could be an issue...but it would be nicer to just remove those individual requests instead of removing the entire list. Maybe there's something I'm missing though, would love to get a dev's perspective on it.

In any case, what does not make any sense is for the logistic requests to get cleared when it is a redundant assignment (i.e. the new force is the same as the original). The force isn't really changing, so there's no reason to clear logistic requests.

In my mod, whenever the channel editor GUI is closed, I assign the entity force based on the selected channel. Currently, this assignment is made even if the channel didn't actually change. I will be fixing my mod in the short-term to skip force assignment when the new force is the same as the old force. This will fix the reported issue, where the logistic request can't be set at all. There will still be a problem though - when the Spidertron's channel is actually changed, the force must be reassigned, and the logistics list will clear. I think I might be able to work around it by recording the logistics requests and restoring them after the assignment. But if the list clearing is actually a Factorio bug, then I might not have to do that.

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

ceresward wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:37 am
I think I might be able to work around it by recording the logistics requests and restoring them after the assignment.
Yep, there's no reason why that wouldn't work as a workaround. I've implemented it as part of my spidertron serialiser, so feel free to use the code here:
'Copy' https://github.com/tburrows13/Spidertro ... #L131-L136
'Paste' https://github.com/tburrows13/Spidertro ... #L253-L259
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

So, looking into this; changing the force of a character entity or spidertron will wipe the logistic requests. Not really "as intended" just as a side effect of how changing forces works internally. Also spidertrons don't have a check to not change force when they're already the right force.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Ok, I fixed both issues for the next release.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

ceresward
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ceresward »

Rseding91 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:40 pm
Ok, I fixed both issues for the next release.
Awesome, thanks!
Xorimuth wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:04 pm
Yep, there's no reason why that wouldn't work as a workaround. I've implemented it as part of my spidertron serialiser, so feel free to use the code here:
'Copy' https://github.com/tburrows13/Spidertro ... #L131-L136
'Paste' https://github.com/tburrows13/Spidertro ... #L253-L259
Oh that's much easier than I thought it would be, thanks! Although it looks like I probably won't need it now :)

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

ceresward wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:17 am
Oh that's much easier than I thought it would be, thanks! Although it looks like I probably won't need it now :)
Yep :) Although it could well be several weeks/months before the next update seeing as none of the fixed bugs are at all critical.
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”