Armour & Gun quickbar location question

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
dognosh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:36 am
Contact:

Armour & Gun quickbar location question

Post by dognosh »

It has gone to the bottom left now I see.
Is it possible to move it back to the bottom right ?
ty :)

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 6542
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 8:54 am
Contact:

Re: Armour & Gun quickbar location question

Post by Koub »

Nope, but you have a setting to snap it to the quickbar (Settings > Visualisation > Tool window next to quickbar (the last one)).
[Koub] Moved to Gameplay Help.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

dognosh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:36 am
Contact:

Re: Armour & Gun quickbar location question

Post by dognosh »

Ty :)

CorBlimey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:29 pm
Contact:

Toolbar - bottom right

Post by CorBlimey »

I just upgraded to 1.1. How do I reposition toolbar to bottom right again?

I've been playing for years and years since Steam release and I cannot bear the new location.

Bottom left is visual clutter in my periphery whereas for whatever reason I don't see it so much in bottom right (maybe due to location of my second monitor on the left - I kinda focus in the middle a bit) which is good as its 99% of the time irrelevant.

I don't see an option in Interface menu - did I miss something? Wube kindly adds options for a lot of other graphical clutter things.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 6542
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 8:54 am
Contact:

Re: Armour & Gun quickbar location question

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into older thread on the same subject. Same answer as then.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

mudcrabempire
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Armour & Gun quickbar location question

Post by mudcrabempire »

+1

Please Please PLEEEEEASE give me a checkbox to move the Armor/Gun quickbar to the right again. Bonus points for explaining the reason for moving it.
Please.

User avatar
Silari
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 228
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Armour & Gun quickbar location question

Post by Silari »

mudcrabempire wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:54 pm
Bonus points for explaining the reason for moving it.
Please.
They have in a few places. The new location frees up space on the right for the entity information and gives extra space for the vehicle information that goes along with it now. Meanwhile the left side wasn't used for anything except hand crafting, and there's still plenty of space for that.

There's an option to move it next to the quickbar if the corner aint working out for you, but I doubt we're going to see anything to move it back to the right.

mudcrabempire
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Armour & Gun quickbar location question

Post by mudcrabempire »

Counterpoint: The right side was already cluttered with stuff, map, entity info, so might as well keep all the stuff there and have a full free screen to the left.

And I saw the option to move it to the quickbar. Didn´t do it for me.

User avatar
ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Armour & Gun quickbar location question

Post by ptx0 »

mudcrabempire wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:07 am
Counterpoint: The right side was already cluttered with stuff, map, entity info, so might as well keep all the stuff there and have a full free screen to the left.

And I saw the option to move it to the quickbar. Didn´t do it for me.
mirror your entire monitor output in your graphics driver setting.

most call it a "horizontal flip".

all of the text will be backwards but your brain will be happy.
My Mods - Fish Per Minute base size metric - Use your crashed spaceship as a belt balancer?
• • •
Base: Bob's @ 1 Million SPM
• • •
Linear search and overflows are indicative of sloppy coding practices.

monty1510
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:51 pm
Contact:

1.1.19

Post by monty1510 »

So something has move and, is really throwing me off. I dont know what is called but it is where the weapons are stored, and the body armour. its on the wrong side of the screen. how do i move it back to right corner.

thank you

paulq

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 6542
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 8:54 am
Contact:

Re: Armour & Gun quickbar location question

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into the relevant gameplay help thread.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

armatas
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Armour & Gun quickbar location question

Post by armatas »

+1

Please fix / roll back.

Why this change? And it didn't even warrant a changelog entry?

Before, the UI was at least contained to the right side and bottom screen.
Now, it is kinda all over the place - the minimap and the gun quickbar couldn't be farther away from each other, and it's messing with my eyes.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 6542
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 8:54 am
Contact:

Re: Armour & Gun quickbar location question

Post by Koub »

armatas wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:43 am
Why this change?
Because viewtopic.php?p=522598#p522598
armatas wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:43 am
And it didn't even warrant a changelog entry?
It did.
Moved the character/vehicle gun window to the left of the quickbar.
Source
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

terradus
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:58 am
Contact:

Re: Armour & Gun quickbar location question

Post by terradus »

You have moved the weapon-Bar (it used to be from the left) to the right. Sorry, but that was the stupidest idea you've ever had.

Let me explain why:
There is already a chat on the left, and a list of the crafting queue is also on the left. Now, when opening the crafting queue, it is moved away from the left side of the screen because of the weapon-Bar.

It has become extremely inconvenient!

Please add weapon-Bar location settings !!! I am critical + really want it to be on the right! The weapon panel should be on the right - because there it does not interfere with anything (no crafting queue, no chat).

I'm not happy with just moving the weapon-bar to the middle! I want it to be clearly where it was before! ON RIGHT ! I WANT WEAPON BAR ON RIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GIWE ME THIS OPTION ! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Image
Last edited by terradus on Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
2,752 hours in factorio.

User avatar
NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:47 am
Contact:

Re: Armour & Gun quickbar location question

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

terradus wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:25 am
ON RIGHT ! I WANT WEAPON BAR ON RIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GIWE ME THIS OPTION ! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
I am not sure how effective this is... They already said no.
: Alea jacta est. Determine what you intend to accomplish with an action before execution.
Have you ever heard the gospel? Most have not.

terradus
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:58 am
Contact:

Re: Armour & Gun quickbar location question

Post by terradus »

AmericanPatriot wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:41 am
terradus wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:25 am
ON RIGHT ! I WANT WEAPON BAR ON RIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GIWE ME THIS OPTION ! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
I am not sure how effective this is... They already said no.
then get bad feedback on steam.
2,752 hours in factorio.

User avatar
NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:47 am
Contact:

Re: Armour & Gun quickbar location question

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

terradus wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:43 am
then get bad feedback on steam.
This is also not an effective way to argue your point. Are there any objective reasons that the hotbar is better placed on the right? Reasons other than "I like it better" or "I am used to it this way"?
: Alea jacta est. Determine what you intend to accomplish with an action before execution.
Have you ever heard the gospel? Most have not.

terradus
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:58 am
Contact:

Re: Armour & Gun quickbar location question

Post by terradus »

AmericanPatriot wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:45 am
terradus wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:43 am
then get bad feedback on steam.
This is also not an effective way to argue your point. Are there any objective reasons that the hotbar is better placed on the right? Reasons other than "I like it better" or "I am used to it this way"?
Of course have. you just should have read them in the messages above. but i will help you:
Let me explain why:
There is already a chat on the left, and a list of the crafting queue is also on the left. Now, when opening the crafting queue, it is moved away from the left side of the screen because of the weapon-Bar.
2,752 hours in factorio.

User avatar
NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:47 am
Contact:

Re: Armour & Gun quickbar location question

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

terradus wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:01 am
There is already a chat on the left, and a list of the crafting queue is also on the left. Now, when opening the crafting queue, it is moved away from the left side of the screen because of the weapon-Bar.
That is a list of facts, not an argument.
: Alea jacta est. Determine what you intend to accomplish with an action before execution.
Have you ever heard the gospel? Most have not.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
Posts: 2790
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:20 am
Contact:

Re: Armour & Gun quickbar location question

Post by Bilka »

terradus wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:25 am
The weapon panel should be on the right - because there it does not interfere with anything.
Moving the outline of the weapon panel to the right shows that it would interfere with the tooltip and the alerts, while it fits between everything on the left. (1080p resolution and 100% GUI scale)
Image
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Post Reply

Return to “Gameplay Help”