[kovarex] [1.1.15] Shift-placing blueprints on new chunks doesn't mark trees & rocks for deconstruction

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Drogiwan Cannobi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[kovarex] [1.1.15] Shift-placing blueprints on new chunks doesn't mark trees & rocks for deconstruction

Post by Drogiwan Cannobi »

Hi there,
The new feature of placing blueprints in fog of war is great, however it seems like the shift-placing features don't work perfectly yet. When you place a blueprint on further-away chunks, trees don't get marked for deconstruction but the blueprint still gets placed, leading to robots getting stuck.
This doesn't seem to happen on nearby fog of war chunks but can be reproduced by others, as was pointed out in the Reddit post I made.
I am playing with a few mods but as this seems directly related to the last update I don't think they play a role.

Mod list:
Space Exploration (+AAI, Robot Attrition)
Alien Biomes
Even Distribution
Jetpack
SqueakThrough

Log file -- Save file
EDIT: I just realized: The save file is probably useless, I didn't remember to take a save file in time. Sorry about that. But as I mentioned, it seems to be easily reproducible by others.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.15] Shift-placing blueprints on new chunks doesn't mark trees & rocks for deconstruction

Post by kovarex »

Yes, this is related to being able to build in chunks that were not yet even generated, so to solve this and other possible problems, the blueprint building will be limited to charted area of the map (which is also guaranteed to be fully generated).

This adds some limit again, but much much less restrictive than before.

Drogiwan Cannobi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.15] Shift-placing blueprints on new chunks doesn't mark trees & rocks for deconstruction

Post by Drogiwan Cannobi »

kovarex wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:57 pm
Yes, this is related to being able to build in chunks that were not yet even generated, so to solve this and other possible problems, the blueprint building will be limited to charted area of the map (which is also guaranteed to be fully generated).

This adds some limit again, but much much less restrictive than before.
Thanks for the awesomely quick response, as always!
You've probably heard it before but I've never seen this kind of impressive bug management. Cheers!

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”