default options

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Iccor56
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

default options

Post by Iccor56 »

can we change the train limit default option from 0 to 1?

bormand
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: default options

Post by bormand »

+1

1 is a good default for small stations. And 0 is used very rarely (graceful shutdown of outpost).

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I would like to keep it as it is, because as new player I would wonder, why no train come to that station and as advanced player I need always to change it, probably never keep it to 1.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

ssilk wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:26 am
I would like to keep it as it is, because as new player I would wonder, why no train come to that station and as advanced player I need always to change it, probably never keep it to 1.
I do keep most of my early game stations with a limit of 1; especially outposts. This makes more sense when using two way track.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Btw default is not 0 but unlimited.
Please leave it as it is.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

It is really simple to change but i am not going to change it. This value was intentionally choosen as there are multiple cases to get into that default value:
1/ enabling trains limit checkbox - maybe could be changed to 1 but 1 is so arbitrary i do not like it
2/ disabling circuit controlled "set trains limit" - here i definitely do not want to keep old value of circuit network nor disabling the limits at all. Here i want a nice stable value of 0
3/ disconnecting copper wire (directly or indirectly by removing other entity) - here i also do not want to keep old value or disabling the limit. It is 0
4/ placing blueprint with train stop and circuit wires around. When rails and train stop is placed but there is no wire yet, i do not want trains to be arriving yet so it has to be 0.

Default of 0 will stay no matter what.

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”