Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

ninti
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by ninti »

Your savefile uses 14 non-default settings. That was not clear from your previous bug report.
Sorry, I did not realize that. I got this mod list from a server I visited and just used it for my single player game. I did not realize the settings could make such a big difference so never checked them. Thank you for your help.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Techtony96 wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:31 pm
Hi,

I am trying to host a headless server (1.1.15) for my friends and on the "intro cutscene" finishes the server crashes with the following error:

Code: Select all

Error while running event level::on_cutscene_waypoint_reached (ID 33)
The mod Angel's Refining (0.11.19) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event angelsrefining::on_cutscene_cancelled (ID 164)
__angelsrefining__/control.lua:109: attempt to index field 'angels-biter-slider' (a nil value)
[…]
I thought maybe the experimental factorio version was the issue so I downgraded the server to 1.0 but I still saw the same issue. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I am not 100% certain, but I suspect that you don't provide the necessary map generation settings for Angel's Refining.

Could you try to generate a map as a local single player game, save it, and just load it on the server rather than generating a new map?

Techtony96
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Techtony96 »

valneq wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:51 pm
I am not 100% certain, but I suspect that you don't provide the necessary map generation settings for Angel's Refining.

Could you try to generate a map as a local single player game, save it, and just load it on the server rather than generating a new map?
Thanks for such a quick reply! It looks like your hunch was correct, I generated the map in client and uploaded it to the server and I was able to get in no issues. Thanks for the help!

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

On a belt, crushed Bobmonium looks like Bobmonium ore.

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

With all of Angel's options on, industry/components/tech reword there is a dead end battery tech labeled "Battery" that does not have any tech under and you get it after having some batteries.

robertsonj
Inserter
Inserter

Post by robertsonj »

robertsonj wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:44 am
Had an issue when using Petrochem with editor extensions.
Occurs when trying to start a new single player game, scenario 'Editor Extensions/Testing'

Code: Select all

Error while applying migration: Angel's Petrochemical Processing: angelspetrochem_0.4.0.lua

__angelspetrochem__/migrations/angelspetrochem_0.4.0.lua:13: attempt to index field 'chemical-plant-2' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	__angelspetrochem__/migrations/angelspetrochem_0.4.0.lua:13: in main chunk
Mods in use:
  • Angel's Petrochemical Processing - 0.9.17
    Angel's Refining- 0.11.19
    Editor Extensions - 1.9.5
    Factorio Library - 0.6.1
Bug also reported to Editor Extensions: https://github.com/raiguard/Factorio-Ed ... /issues/52
Raiguard has looked into Editor Extensions and hasn't found anything causing this issue.
Any chance this can be fixed in Petrochem?

Gamestrust-TS
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Gamestrust-TS »

I hope to be in the right section to report this bug.

impossible load mod "__angelsmselting__prototypes/smelting-ovveride-global.lua:101:attempt to index field 'titanium-plate'(a nil value)
stack traceback:
__angelssmelting__/prototypes/smelting-ovveride-global.lua:101: In main chunk
[C]: in function 'require'
__angelssmelting__/data-updates.lua:243: In main chunk"

disabled mods
angelssmelting (0.6.14)

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Zyrconia wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:49 pm
On a belt, crushed Bobmonium looks like Bobmonium ore.
This is a remnant of a planned graphics change which was not fully implemented. But here is now a github issue to track
https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/issues/533

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Zyrconia wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:49 pm
With all of Angel's options on, industry/components/tech reword there is a dead end battery tech labeled "Battery" that does not have any tech under and you get it after having some batteries.
Are you using additional mods alongside Angel's? Maybe a screenshot of the tech? I don't see an empty tech with overhauls active.

Vlakater
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Vlakater »

Hey how do I create a new post ot topic?.. Or I'll just ask here... I would really like the developers to see my post I would really love to have a bit more realism in the game... Like every thing that can burn feul must have water too... If they can add that to the expansion update for the game then I would be thankful... The game is amazing but thought to add just a bit of that then it makes more sense lol like then after trains and cars using steam engines then they can be upgraded to diesel or petroleum usage and believe it will feel like tier upgrades and be amazing.. Even changing how they look with each upgrade and speed etc.. Later on battery powered cars is a amazing idea and electric trains and believes there are people who believe this is a great idea for factorio... And even other things as well I don't care if there are mods out there I want to play the game without it... Who agrees with me?

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

robertsonj wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:52 am
[…]

Raiguard has looked into Editor Extensions and hasn't found anything causing this issue.
Any chance this can be fixed in Petrochem?
I am not sure it can/will be fixed by the dev team, but here is a github issue to track it
https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/issues/535

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Gamestrust-TS wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:08 pm
I hope to be in the right section to report this bug.

impossible load mod "__angelsmselting__prototypes/smelting-ovveride-global.lua:101:attempt to index field 'titanium-plate'(a nil value)
stack traceback:
__angelssmelting__/prototypes/smelting-ovveride-global.lua:101: In main chunk
[C]: in function 'require'
__angelssmelting__/data-updates.lua:243: In main chunk"

disabled mods
angelssmelting (0.6.14)
I need more information to reproduce this: Do you use any additional mods, or any non-default mod settings?

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Vlakater wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:24 pm
Hey how do I create a new post ot topic?.. […] Who agrees with me?
You are in the subforum for a specific mod pack, you cannot expect Wube (the developers of the base game Factorio) to look at this post here.
Please post your ideas in "Ideas and Suggestions"
viewforum.php?f=6

Jildert
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Jildert »

I was about asking the same question. :) Anxiously waiting for the answer

marginoferror
Inserter
Inserter

Post by marginoferror »

I added Angel's Exploration to my other suite of Angel's and Bob's mods for this run. The sniper turret and the laser turret are in the same place in the tech tree as usual. However, their added crafting materials, the rifle and the laser rifle, are de facto locked by aluminum processing (needed for rifles) and laser rifle technology respectively. If the intent is to push the turret techs far further down the tech tree, perhaps the techs themselves should be locked by aluminum processing and laser rifle tech so the progression is clear.

Black_Fire95
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Black_Fire95 »

Error while running setup for technology prototype "lubricant" (technology prerequisite "angels-oil-processing" is registered more than once

This comes up when I try to play with Bobs Logistics and Angels Petrolchem. Im running Angels Industrial, Components and Science changes.

Ashprinny
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ashprinny »

valneq wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:37 pm
Ashprinny wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:14 pm
Using the component mode (for angel building blocks) and combining it with Bob's mods even the latest update has the issue that Floatation Cell 1 uses BOB'S Basic Circuit board 1 (10x) but having the component option in angel industries on means those are replaced by the Angel variant....causing you NOT to be able to make the tier 1 variant unless you use a mod like Black Market 2 to buy those.

From what I can tell the recipe for floatation cell 1 isn't converted to the advanced component option (rest of the recipes are fine)
Cannot reproduce. What set of mods are you using? Does that happen only in an existing save, or also in a new one?
Sorry I have been so extremely late with my reply but since this still hasn't been fixed and I recently reinstalled I was a bit surprised to see this bug is still in place (new games, old games, doesn't matter). A reason why I did not respond in duly fashion is because I'm savvy enough to write an override for this myself but having reinstalled I (naturally) don't have this override anymore and with 1.1 here I thought to readress this issue.

Modpack used: Angel's (fullsuite), Bob's (full suite), AAI (full suite), Madclown (AngelBob nuclear, Exxtended AngelBob Minerals, Processing, Vanilla Nuclear)
Extra mods used I've diagnosed to no causing the issue as due no overrides in place for above described mods: Yuoki, Vortik's

Ashprinny
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ashprinny »

Ashprinny wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:28 pm
valneq wrote:
Ashprinny wrote:
Using the component mode (for angel building blocks) and combining it with Bob's mods even the latest update has the issue that Floatation Cell 1 uses BOB'S Basic Circuit board 1 (10x) but having the component option in angel industries on means those are replaced by the Angel variant....causing you NOT to be able to make the tier 1 variant unless you use a mod like Black Market 2 to buy those.

From what I can tell the recipe for floatation cell 1 isn't converted to the advanced component option (rest of the recipes are fine)
Cannot reproduce. What set of mods are you using? Does that happen only in an existing save, or also in a new one?
Sorry I have been so extremely late with my reply but since this still hasn't been fixed and I recently reinstalled I was a bit surprised to see this bug is still in place (new games, old games, doesn't matter). A reason why I did not respond in duly fashion is because I'm savvy enough to write an override for this myself but having reinstalled I (naturally) don't have this override anymore and with 1.1 here I thought to readress this issue.

Modpack used: Angel's (fullsuite), Bob's (full suite), AAI (full suite), Madclown (AngelBob nuclear, Exxtended AngelBob Minerals, Processing, Vanilla Nuclear)
Extra mods used I've diagnosed to no causing the issue as due no overrides in place for above described mods: Yuoki, Vortik's
Addendum: Testing confirms my suspicion; turning off the component overhaul lets me craft the basic-circuit-board as normal...
I did some more digging into the files and apparently the problem arises due to the recipe Basic-Circuit-Board being replaced by Red-Circuit-Loaded but THAT recipe, in turn, can't be crafted (I guess that is somehow overridden or made hidden another facet of this modspack); it nor the Red-circuit that's attached to it....
As such the replacement operation seems to fail and defaults back to the Basic-Circuit-board from the bobs electronics mod (adjusted by the overrides to THAT recipe causing it to need the board from angels) but the recipe itself being hidden by the override...causing the floatation cell not being able to be crafted

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Ashprinny wrote:
valneq wrote:
Ashprinny wrote:

[…]
Component mode is still in Beta development phase and most third party mods refuse to account for it until it stabilizes. In this case AAI Industries is not aware of Angel's Component mode, using a recipe override to add electric motors to flotation cell recipe but ignoring Angel's components.

Why exactly do you want to use AAI Industry with Angel's Component overhaul? In this combination, AAI Industry feels mostly redundant.

Ashprinny
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ashprinny »

valneq wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:00 pm
Ashprinny wrote:
valneq wrote:
Ashprinny wrote:

[…]
Component mode is still in Beta development phase and most third party mods refuse to account for it until it stabilizes. In this case AAI Industries is not aware of Angel's Component mode, using a recipe override to add electric motors to flotation cell recipe but ignoring Angel's components.

Why exactly do you want to use AAI Industry with Angel's Component overhaul? In this combination, AAI Industry feels mostly redundant.
I like the vehicles and motors aspect of AAI as an added layer of complexity....also please note the MOTORS aren't the issue; the electronic boards (from Bob Electronics) are the issue...also note that subsequent layers of the floatation cell are in perfect working order....you just can't craft floatation cell 1. I've been playing it like this for years (except on my current playthrough where I turned advanced components off). I also mean no insult; just trying to do my bit to get the beta of components working :)

Return to “Angels Mods”