[kovarex] [1.1.12] Fast replace belt & undergroud belt not working as described

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Dominn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[kovarex] [1.1.12] Fast replace belt & undergroud belt not working as described

Post by Dominn »

Fast replacing underground belt is not working as shown as in tips and tricks section. See attachments for more details.
Tips and tricks

Reality:
Reality
Note: No mods

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.12] Fast replace belt & undergroud belt not working as described

Post by boskid »

Not a bug. What is shown in the tips and tricks is a "belt power replace" mode which is triggered if first placement (not by drag) places belt over underground or splitter. In the belt power replace mode undergrounds and splitters during the drag are replaced. Since you started on the regular belt, you are in regular belt building mode and so undergrounds are kept.

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

boskid wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:31 pm
Since you started on the regular belt, you are in regular belt building mode and so undergrounds are kept.
This is not what is happening. I can confirm the issue the OP is having. Have a look at the video again. The OP is clearly starting on the underground belt. The first one gets replaced no problem, but the second half is not replaced.
Last edited by ickputzdirwech on Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

invisus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by invisus »

From what I see in the video (paying close attention to the red dot indicating a mouse click), it is as boskid describes for the first attempt. But it seems after this, a "belt power replace" is attempted which replaces the first underground, and places belt up to the second... which unlike the tips and tricks version, does not get replaced.

Dominn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dominn »

Hi, thanks for response. First of all sorry for unclear gif attachment. There are two attemts indeed. So I decided took another demonstation, pipes included.
demo
boskid wrote:
Since you started on the regular belt, you are in regular belt building mode and so undergrounds are kept.
First line - dragging from existing pipe/belt over undergrouds/splitter -> nothing gets replaced as expected as.
boskid wrote:
Not a bug. What is shown in the tips and tricks is a "belt power replace" mode which is triggered if first placement (not by drag) places belt over underground or splitter. In the belt power replace mode undergrounds and splitters during the drag are replaced.
Second line - dragging from existing undergrounds over other end and splitter -> Only first undergrounds get replaced (even pipes). From my understanding, what is shown in Tips&tricks and what boskid wrote, this is a bug, all undergrounds and splitter should be replaced.

Third line - simply clicking, not draging -> everything gets replaced as expected as, but this is not the "belt power replace" that we are talking about i suppose?

Then i tried with "Lock belt building to straight line" off.
Lock belt building to straight line off
And it works as boskid described as! Except for pipes...

So, my questions are these:
Is "belt power replace" supposed to work only if "Lock belt building to straight line" is off? If yes, then it needs to be clarify in Tips&Trics or settings. If no, then it is a bug.
Is the same principle applicable for pipes as decribed as in Tips&Tricks? If yes, then pipes are buggy.

Gif quality is lowered down to be smaller size, but clicks are more vissible (yellow dots).
Thanks for the time and effort you are putting into the game!

EDIT: I forgot to include splliter in "Lock belt building to straight line off" gif, but it gets replaced as undergrounds gets.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Hello, the belt power replace was fixed for the next release of 1.1.13.
With pipes, it was never implemented or presented for them to work this way, so it is more of a feature request.

Dominn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [kovarex] [1.1.12] Fast replace belt & undergroud belt not working as described

Post by Dominn »

Thanks for the fix!
kovarex wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:23 am
With pipes, it was never implemented or presented for them to work this way, so it is more of a feature request.
I don't know, but in the Tips&Trics it says "features", so i supposed it shloud be working even for pipes replacing pipes to ground.
Tips and Trics

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [1.1.12] Fast replace belt & undergroud belt not working as described

Post by kovarex »

Oh, lawyered, ok, fixing this as well for 1.1.13

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

:lol: Nice, thanks!
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

Dominn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dominn »

You are the best dev team ever!
Thank you very much! :)

XYZT
Inserter
Inserter

Post by XYZT »

Also, hopefully you fix the grammatical error! It should be "feature" not "features".

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

XYZT wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:37 am
Also, hopefully you fix the grammatical error! It should be "feature" not "features".
Ok, fixed.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”