ModMyFactory - mod manager and more

Tools for search and installing new mods as well as starting Factorio.
For dedicated server handling see Multiplayer Tools
Falafelrollo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: ModMyFactory - mod manager and more

Post by Falafelrollo »

ist just me or is the Download mods tab not working?

just installed MMF2 and now i am trying to setup some different Versions of Mods but i cant get the download tab to work...its says server side error try again later?

also if i try to delet a modpack the app crash and on restart the delted modpack is still there

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Artentus »

Something changed with the API which broke MMF but I have uploaded a fix just now.

anth
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by anth »

The fixed version works for me

I did get a crash trying to download 'bottleneck', but when I reopened it appears in the list. Next download worked fine so perhaps it was because it was the first mod I downloaded?

Thanks very much for this tool!

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Artentus »

Do you still have the crash log? I can take a look at it.

mrhedgehog0
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mrhedgehog0 »

I'm trying to download the experimental, but it keeps crashing. Here's a link to my crash log:
https://bin.snopyta.org/?f8b02c8e6b7146 ... zHmyFwj2ij

Edit 1: Updated link because it was going to expire
Last edited by mrhedgehog0 on Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

molden
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by molden »

I updated MMF to the latest version and noticed some issues.

1) MMF shortcuts:

MMF shortcuts used to look like this:

Code: Select all

K:\Factorio_3p\modMyFactory\ModMyFactoryGUI.exe start-game --id k:_steam_steamapps_common_factorio --pack-id 1
But now look like this:

K:\Factorio_3p\modMyFactory\ModMyFactoryGUI.dll start-game --id k:_steam_steamapps_common_factorio --pack-id 1
This doesn't work then because windows won't launch a .dll file. Manually editing the shortcuts (in file properties) to replace ".dll" by ".exe" fixes it. I don't know why the shortcut creation changed to the .dll file between versions but it needs to change back.

2) Deleting modpacks doesn't work:

When deleting a modpack from the MMF UI, it disapears from it but it's actually still there. It still appears on the dropdown menu for shortcut creation and, when restarting MMF, deleted modpacks reappear in the UI. It seems that the issue is that the modpack.json file in MMF's %appdata% folder isn't edited when deleting a modpack. I had to manually edit the json to remove some modpacks.

Hope these notes are helpful and thanks for your work.

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Artentus »

The issue with the links was related to an oversight in the build process, I have already uploaded a hotfix.

As for the other stuff, that will require some closer investigation.

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Artentus »

It's all fixed now

mrhedgehog0
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mrhedgehog0 »

New crash on mac:

Octokit.AuthorizationException: Bad credentials
   at Octokit.Connection.HandleErrors(IResponse response) in /home/runner/work/octokit.net/octokit.net/Octokit/Http/Connection.cs:line 686
   at Octokit.Connection.RunRequest(IRequest request, CancellationToken cancellationToken) in /home/runner/work/octokit.net/octokit.net/Octokit/Http/Connection.cs:line 667
   at Octokit.Connection.Run[T](IRequest request, CancellationToken cancellationToken) in /home/runner/work/octokit.net/octokit.net/Octokit/Http/Connection.cs:line 652
   at Octokit.ApiConnection.GetPage[TU](Uri uri, IDictionary`2 parameters, String accepts, ApiOptions options) in /home/runner/work/octokit.net/octokit.net/Octokit/Http/ApiConnection.cs:line 622
   at Octokit.ApiConnection.<>c__DisplayClass18_0`1.<<GetAll>b__0>d.MoveNext() in /home/runner/work/octokit.net/octokit.net/Octokit/Http/ApiConnection.cs:line 212
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at Octokit.ApiPagination.GetAllPages[T](Func`1 getFirstPage, Uri uri)
   at ModMyFactoryGUI.Update.ReleasesClient.TryRequestReleasesAsync() in C:\projects\modmyfactory-gui\ModMyFactoryGUI\Update\ReleasesClient.cs:line 48
{"message":"Bad credentials","documentation_url":"https://docs.github.com/rest"}
[14:13:08 INF] No updates available
zsh: segmentation fault  ~/mmf/ModMyFactoryGUI
Happens on both v4.2.4.27-beta and v4.2.3.26-beta.

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Artentus »

The auth token for the auto-updater expired. I've released an update but you'll have do install it manually.

mrhedgehog0
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mrhedgehog0 »

The same crash occurs after updating.

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Artentus »

Ok, GitHub is screwing with me. A few hours after I generated a new token it was automatically invalidated again.
Until I can figure out why this happens I can't do anything about this issue. YOu can avoid the crash by disabling auto-updates.

Edit: I've probably got it this time. Seems GitHub doesn't like it if the token is readable in plain-text.

mrhedgehog0
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mrhedgehog0 »

New crash on latest version. macOS 10.14.2(Mojave), using the dotnet that comes with the app, latest from GH.

[09:57:15 ERR] Application crashed
ReactiveUI.UnhandledErrorException: An object implementing IHandleObservableErrors (often a ReactiveCommand or ObservableAsPropertyHelper) has errored, thereby breaking its observable pipeline. To prevent this, ensure the pipeline does not error, or Subscribe to the ThrownExceptions property of the object in question to handle the erroneous case.
 ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'searchPattern')
   at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalEnumerateInfos(String path, String searchPattern, SearchTarget searchTarget, EnumerationOptions options)
   at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.EnumerateDirectories(String searchPattern, EnumerationOptions enumerationOptions)
   at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.EnumerateDirectories(String searchPattern)
   at ModMyFactory.Game.Factorio.TryExtract(FileInfo archiveFile, String destination, String dirName)
   at ModMyFactoryGUI.ViewModels.FactorioInstanceViewModel.TryCreateExtractAsync(FileInfo file, Boolean deleteOnError) in C:\projects\modmyfactory-gui\ModMyFactoryGUI\ViewModels\FactorioInstanceViewModel.cs:line 388
   at ModMyFactoryGUI.ViewModels.FactorioInstanceViewModel.TryCreateDownloadAsync(DownloadQueue downloadQueue, Boolean experimental) in C:\projects\modmyfactory-gui\ModMyFactoryGUI\ViewModels\FactorioInstanceViewModel.cs:line 372
   at ModMyFactoryGUI.ViewModels.FactorioViewModel.DownloadAsync(Boolean experimental) in C:\projects\modmyfactory-gui\ModMyFactoryGUI\ViewModels\FactorioViewModel.cs:line 148
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at ReactiveUI.RxApp.<>c__DisplayClass10_0.<.cctor>b__2() in D:\a\ReactiveUI\ReactiveUI\src\ReactiveUI\RxApp.cs:line 106
   at System.Reactive.Concurrency.Scheduler.Invoke(Action action) in /_/Rx.NET/Source/src/System.Reactive/Concurrency/Scheduler.Simple.cs:line 253
   at System.Reactive.Concurrency.Scheduler.<>c.<Schedule>b__74_0(IScheduler _, Action a) in /_/Rx.NET/Source/src/System.Reactive/Concurrency/Scheduler.Simple.cs:line 37
   at Avalonia.Threading.AvaloniaScheduler.Schedule[TState](TState state, TimeSpan dueTime, Func`3 action)
   at System.Reactive.Concurrency.LocalScheduler.Schedule[TState](TState state, Func`3 action) in /_/Rx.NET/Source/src/System.Reactive/Concurrency/LocalScheduler.cs:line 32
   at System.Reactive.Concurrency.Scheduler.Schedule(IScheduler scheduler, Action action) in /_/Rx.NET/Source/src/System.Reactive/Concurrency/Scheduler.Simple.cs:line 37
   at ReactiveUI.RxApp.<>c.<.cctor>b__10_1(Exception ex) in D:\a\ReactiveUI\ReactiveUI\src\ReactiveUI\RxApp.cs:line 103
   at System.Reactive.AnonymousSafeObserver`1.OnNext(T value) in /_/Rx.NET/Source/src/System.Reactive/AnonymousSafeObserver.cs:line 54
   at System.Reactive.ObserveOnObserverNew`1.DrainStep(ConcurrentQueue`1 q) in /_/Rx.NET/Source/src/System.Reactive/Internal/ScheduledObserver.cs:line 561
   at System.Reactive.ObserveOnObserverNew`1.DrainShortRunning(IScheduler recursiveScheduler) in /_/Rx.NET/Source/src/System.Reactive/Internal/ScheduledObserver.cs:line 507
   at System.Reactive.ObserveOnObserverNew`1.<>c.<.cctor>b__17_0(IScheduler scheduler, ObserveOnObserverNew`1 self) in /_/Rx.NET/Source/src/System.Reactive/Internal/ScheduledObserver.cs:line 497
   at Avalonia.Threading.AvaloniaScheduler.<>c__DisplayClass2_1`1.<Schedule>b__1()
   at Avalonia.Threading.JobRunner.RunJobs(Nullable`1 priority)
   at Avalonia.Native.PlatformThreadingInterface.SignaledCallback.Signaled(Int32 priority, Boolean priorityContainsMeaningfulValue)
   at Avalonia.Native.Interop.IAvnSignaledCallbackShadow.IAvnSignaledCallbackVtbl.Signaled(IntPtr thisObject, Int32 param0, Byte param1)
   at Avalonia.Native.PlatformThreadingInterface.RunLoop(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Avalonia.Threading.Dispatcher.MainLoop(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Avalonia.Controls.ApplicationLifetimes.ClassicDesktopStyleApplicationLifetime.Start(String[] args)
   at Avalonia.ClassicDesktopStyleApplicationLifetimeExtensions.StartWithClassicDesktopLifetime[T](T builder, String[] args, ShutdownMode shutdownMode)
   at ModMyFactoryGUI.Program.StartAppAsync(String[] args, RunOptions options) in C:\projects\modmyfactory-gui\ModMyFactoryGUI\Program.cs:line 382
Unhandled exception. System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. (The path '/var/folders/gb/bhwrt1rn7fb56vggfct3hlx80000gq/T/CoreFxPipe_ModMyFactoryGUI-uid(56F38E84-0DCD-475B-96F7-340ABBDEF8F1)' is of an invalid length for use with domain sockets on this platform.  The length must be between 1 and 104 characters, inclusive. (Parameter 'path')
Actual value was /var/folders/gb/bhwrt1rn7fb56vggfct3hlx80000gq/T/CoreFxPipe_ModMyFactoryGUI-uid(56F38E84-0DCD-475B-96F7-340ABBDEF8F1).)
 ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: The path '/var/folders/gb/bhwrt1rn7fb56vggfct3hlx80000gq/T/CoreFxPipe_ModMyFactoryGUI-uid(56F38E84-0DCD-475B-96F7-340ABBDEF8F1)' is of an invalid length for use with domain sockets on this platform.  The length must be between 1 and 104 characters, inclusive. (Parameter 'path')
Actual value was /var/folders/gb/bhwrt1rn7fb56vggfct3hlx80000gq/T/CoreFxPipe_ModMyFactoryGUI-uid(56F38E84-0DCD-475B-96F7-340ABBDEF8F1).
   at System.Net.Sockets.UnixDomainSocketEndPoint..ctor(String path)
   at System.IO.Pipes.NamedPipeServerStream.SharedServer..ctor(String path, Int32 maxCount)
   at System.IO.Pipes.NamedPipeServerStream.SharedServer.Get(String path, Int32 maxCount)
   at System.IO.Pipes.NamedPipeServerStream.Create(String pipeName, PipeDirection direction, Int32 maxNumberOfServerInstances, PipeTransmissionMode transmissionMode, PipeOptions options, Int32 inBufferSize, Int32 outBufferSize, HandleInheritability inheritability)
   at ModMyFactoryGUI.Synchronization.GlobalContext.Listen(CancellationToken token) in C:\projects\modmyfactory-gui\ModMyFactoryGUI\Synchronization\GlobalContext.cs:line 50
   at ModMyFactoryGUI.Synchronization.GlobalContext.<BeginListen>b__14_0() in C:\projects\modmyfactory-gui\ModMyFactoryGUI\Synchronization\GlobalContext.cs:line 91
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__277_0(Object obj)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait()
   at ModMyFactoryGUI.Synchronization.GlobalContext.EndListen() in C:\projects\modmyfactory-gui\ModMyFactoryGUI\Synchronization\GlobalContext.cs:line 109
   at ModMyFactoryGUI.Program.StartAppAsync(String[] args, RunOptions options) in C:\projects\modmyfactory-gui\ModMyFactoryGUI\Program.cs:line 394
   at ModMyFactoryGUI.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\projects\modmyfactory-gui\ModMyFactoryGUI\Program.cs:line 581
   at ModMyFactoryGUI.Program.<Main>(String[] args)
zsh: abort      ~/mmf/ModMyFactoryGUI

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Artentus »

Does this happen right at startup or did you do something beforehand?

mrhedgehog0
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mrhedgehog0 »

Artentus wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:34 pm
Does this happen right at startup or did you do something beforehand?
This happens right after a download finishes. It happens when downloading both versions, experimental and stable.

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Artentus »

Honestly, just by looking at this I'm thinking I may have to simply scrap the entire Mac build. I was under the impression it would work similar to Linux and didn't give it much though (and cannot test anything anyway without a Mac). But turns out the Mac archive is fundamentally structured differently than the Linux archive (even Window is more similar).

mrhedgehog0
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mrhedgehog0 »

Artentus wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:28 pm
Honestly, just by looking at this I'm thinking I may have to simply scrap the entire Mac build. I was under the impression it would work similar to Linux and didn't give it much though (and cannot test anything anyway without a Mac). But turns out the Mac archive is fundamentally structured differently than the Linux archive (even Window is more similar).
Awww, dang it.

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Artentus »

I can give it a few more tries but without access to a Mac the only thing I can do is guess what's correct and hope it works.
To make the experience on Mac good this project would need a Mac developer.

mrhedgehog0
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mrhedgehog0 »

Artentus wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:35 pm
I can give it a few more tries but without access to a Mac the only thing I can do is guess what's correct and hope it works.
To make the experience on Mac good this project would need a Mac developer.
Well, I would be glad to help you in whatever way I can.

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Artentus »

I've uploaded a new update, check if it improves anything.
If you're willing to help (which may take some time tho) I can keep sending you dev-builds until everything works. I don't want to spam the public releases with experimental builds that may not even do anything.

Return to “Mod and installation managers”