How to prevent passive chest from filling with empty bottles due to nearer producer?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
wheezil
Inserter
Inserter

How to prevent passive chest from filling with empty bottles due to nearer producer?

Post by wheezil »

I am playing angel+bob mod pack and have this situation: There is a little cluster that produces barrels, canisters and bottles and puts them into a passive chest with a certain limit. This is used to "seed" the bottling/unbottling recycling processes. Meanwhile, I have oxygen bottler fairly close to this, and a consumer of bottled oxygen (lead ingot smelting) which is far away. The problem is that the unbottler makes empty bottles which are never consumed. The requester chest for the bottler always prefers the closer "manufacturing" source of bottles. Which kind of makes sense, but I don't know what to do about it. Is there some way for the manufacturer to query the number of empty bottles available in the entire logistic system instead of just in its passive provider chest?
Thanks
john

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: How to prevent passive chest from filling with empty bottles due to nearer producer?

Post by ptx0 »

wheezil wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:53 pm
I am playing angel+bob mod pack and have this situation: There is a little cluster that produces barrels, canisters and bottles and puts them into a passive chest with a certain limit. This is used to "seed" the bottling/unbottling recycling processes. Meanwhile, I have oxygen bottler fairly close to this, and a consumer of bottled oxygen (lead ingot smelting) which is far away. The problem is that the unbottler makes empty bottles which are never consumed. The requester chest for the bottler always prefers the closer "manufacturing" source of bottles. Which kind of makes sense, but I don't know what to do about it. Is there some way for the manufacturer to query the number of empty bottles available in the entire logistic system instead of just in its passive provider chest?
Thanks
john
when you click an inserter and bring up its interface there's a button at the top right to connect it to a logistics network.

you can then have it disable when the logis network has bottles.

wheezil
Inserter
Inserter

Re: How to prevent passive chest from filling with empty bottles due to nearer producer?

Post by wheezil »

Ah, found it. I need to control the inserter into the passive chest by reading the network contents out of a robobox or zone extender.
Thanks
john

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

wheezil wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:01 pm
Ah, found it. I need to control the inserter into the passive chest by reading the network contents out of a robobox or zone extender.
Thanks
john
no, there's a direct logistics option as well, don't connect it to the wire

Return to “Gameplay Help”