Is there a way keep it all day just by visual but not the actual day/night mechanism?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
shitomatic
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Is there a way keep it all day just by visual but not the actual day/night mechanism?

Post by shitomatic »

Just want a clear view of everything espically using mod like far reach . But don't want mess with the actural day/night mechanism(like solar panel stops at night) .

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Is there a way keep it all day just by visual but not the actual day/night mechanism?

Post by Koub »

Run the editor (in the console, /editor), get in the settings tab, the first option should be what you need I think.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

shitomatic
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Is there a way keep it all day just by visual but not the actual day/night mechanism?

Post by shitomatic »

Koub wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:11 am
Run the editor (in the console, /editor), get in the settings tab, the first option should be what you need I think.
thanks , but i have to keep editor open for this to work. I don't know if i uncheck all the cheat options in editor the game will behave normal but not like in the sandbox mode.

Is there a sepatate console command to do this ? /c game.player.surface.always_day=true just frozen the time at 12.am .

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Sorry, I can't help you further (but hopefully somebody else can :))
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

There is a mod or two used by streamers to have brighter nights. I can't remember what it's called though

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

Serenity wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:39 am
There is a mod or two used by streamers to have brighter nights. I can't remember what it's called though
Afraid Of The Dark is the one
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

This console command makes it significantly brighter at night (full-on Hollywood bright blue moonlight style), it might be possible to use the same function to make night look exactly the same as day but the formula is tricky and I'm feeling sluggish. You might also have to mess with the day/night colour lookup tables as well which a console command can't do but a mod can.

Code: Select all

/c game.surfaces["nauvis"].brightness_visual_weights = {-1,-1,-1}

Gamker
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Gamker »

There is a way to do that without commands. There are night vision goggles in factorio vanilla and if you download the afraid of the dark mod you will be able to craft perfect night glasses.

Return to “Gameplay Help”