Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 1.1] Sea Block Pack 0.5.0

Post by jodokus31 »

mexmer wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:05 pm
jodokus31 wrote: ↑
Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:38 pm
Fyi:
Science Cost Tweaker will get some changes. Don't know, if it will work without problem
viewtopic.php?p=528421#p528421
i have not found any loops due change in t1 and t3, when loading my sea block test save, also new ingredient recipe unlocked properly, but t3 is now slighly more complex, so you need to build more stuff, to be able to produce blue science pack. so it does disrupt current production line. i have no idea, how bad is new intermediate for seablock balance wise, tho'

t1 lab now consumer more iron less copper, but it's not that significant, and you don't build labs en mass, so that's not issue.

as for T3 in my ab play, it shifted more focus toward chemistry, due requirement of sulfur, so i needed to rebuild my factory somewhat. i expect similar effect in seablock, so if you don't want to bother with it during christmas, just wait with mod update until you have time for rebuild.
If I see it right, you need one additional ingredient to blue science, which consumes sulfur, glass and some green science ingredients.
Generally, it's a nice touch to have a sulfur sink in science. In seablock, you are able to accumulate big amounts, if you are using geode processing. (Not sure, if it's enough in relation). There are also chains (paper2, i think), which produces sulfur as side products. Some people may really struggle to find the possibilities to produce sulfur. Most straight forward is ungodly amounts of washing plants and clarify the mud water, which could probably be the annoying result :P Also, copper smelting 3 may struggle, if you have don't have the sulfuric acid for it.
The other ingredients are not a problem it think.

Also, it makes blue science even more complex, which is already one of the biggest hurdle in overall progression.

Stefa168
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 1.1] Sea Block Pack 0.5.1

Post by Stefa168 »

Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:03 am
Fyi:
Science Cost Tweaker will get some changes. Don't know, if it will work without problem
i have not found any loops due change in t1 and t3, when loading my sea block test save, also new ingredient recipe unlocked properly, but t3 is now slighly more complex, so you need to build more stuff, to be able to produce blue science pack. so it does disrupt current production line. i have no idea, how bad is new intermediate for seablock balance wise, tho'

t1 lab now consumer more iron less copper, but it's not that significant, and you don't build labs en mass, so that's not issue.

as for T3 in my ab play, it shifted more focus toward chemistry, due requirement of sulfur, so i needed to rebuild my factory somewhat. i expect similar effect in seablock, so if you don't want to bother with it during christmas, just wait with mod update until you have time for rebuild.
If I see it right, you need one additional ingredient to blue science, which consumes sulfur, glass and some green science ingredients.
Generally, it's a nice touch to have a sulfur sink in science. In seablock, you are able to accumulate big amounts, if you are using geode processing. (Not sure, if it's enough in relation). There are also chains (paper2, i think), which produces sulfur as side products. Some people may really struggle to find the possibilities to produce sulfur. Most straight forward is ungodly amounts of washing plants and clarify the mud water, which could probably be the annoying result :P Also, copper smelting 3 may struggle, if you have don't have the sulfuric acid for it.

Also, it makes blue science even more complex, which is already one of the biggest hurdle in overall progression.
Actually, I like the higher complexity; I am playing with some friends and in more than two players the pack becomes a lot easier, so some harder challenges are welcome. I understand however that alone, it might be a nightmare...

A question for KiwiHawk: I noticed that the recipe that once made sand (Crushed Stone -> sand landfill) now produces the vanilla landfill. Was that intended?

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:03 am
Fyi:

To me blue science is like largest unlock ingame, it unlocks most posibilities, if you look at yellow and purple science they more like improvements, but blue is unlocking almost rest of the game, so yes, itks biggest hurdle but also gives most rewards.

People usually swim trough red and green, which is fine, it allows most of automation, you have also trains and others stuff, decent production speed. Even in vanilla bluescience is like gamechanger. Seablock is special because it’s space constraint and technology constraint (at start), that’s why it might need some balance change for it, but overall i feel there is no much chemistry use in science, hence why the change.

KiwiHawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Stefa168 wrote: ↑
Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:42 am
A question for KiwiHawk: I noticed that the recipe that once made sand (Crushed Stone -> sand landfill) now produces the vanilla landfill. Was that intended?
There's a mod setting - you can choose what ground type this recipe makes. This setting is fine to change at anytime. It will only affect newly created landfill.

The setting was supposed to default to Sand but in 0.5.0 the default was vanilla landfill (fixed in 0.5.1).
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

Stefa168
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Stefa168 »

KiwiHawk wrote: ↑
Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:17 pm
Stefa168 wrote: ↑
Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:42 am
There's a mod setting - you can choose what ground type this recipe makes. This setting is fine to change at anytime. It will only affect newly created landfill.

The setting was supposed to default to Sand but in 0.5.0 the default was vanilla landfill (fixed in 0.5.1).
Excellent, thanks for the information (and for maintaining this modpack)!!

farcear
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by farcear »

Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:35 am
Hi!

As some of you I'm sure have noticed, I'm not Trainwreck. He's been nice enough to trust me to update his modpack. This is my first release. Please let me know if you come across any issues!

KiwiHawk
Just a comment to say thanks for taking the time to maintain this now!

Theaisa
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Theaisa »

I'll first note that I don't know if you made these changes or it's a Factorio 1.1 deal, or one of the mod packs BUT:

Just wanted to comment that running at high science cost multipliers is much more seamless in this version, so thank you! All the basic techs you need to expand production greatly can be had at 10-50 red science packs (automation, mechanical refining, green algae processing). These techs took DAYS of played at 20x game speed on 1.0 with the old Seablock.

I like playing Sea Block with 100x science cost, since that slows down the overall pace of techs a lot and allows you to play around with the different production lines without rushing for the best ones.

KiwiHawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Theaisa wrote: ↑
Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:43 pm
Just wanted to comment that running at high science cost multipliers is much more seamless in this version, so thank you!
Yes, that was a change in Sea Block 0.5.1
Glad that you're enjoying it. I'm always interested in hearing what is/isn't working for people!
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

xPomaHx
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by xPomaHx »

http://joxi.ru/Y2LKPe4IEW77Mm
http://joxi.ru/vAWLPlMiOxggqr

how can I destroy the fermentation base, it looks like there is no recipe for clarifier?

KiwiHawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

xPomaHx wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:13 am
how can I destroy the fermentation base, it looks like there is no recipe for clarifier?
You're right, there is no recipe for voiding fermentation base. This is by design. The ethanol can be voided in a flare stack. Compost will build up quite slowly so will take a long time to back up. But compost isn't difficult to use.

Buy me a coffee

Betterlugi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Betterlugi »

Hi!
The last time i played seablock was in 0.17 and i didn't bother with any of the farming solutions to anything.
So i'm asking, is farming any good? Because i didn't have any issues without it.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Farming is good for power and alien bacteria. And I'm not so far yet, but you might need it for modules

Betterlugi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Betterlugi »

Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:34 pm
Farming is good for power and alien bacteria. And I'm not so far yet, but you might need it for modules
Can you use it to filter out ores, if so, is it more efficient than geodes?

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Betterlugi wrote: ↑
Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:42 pm
Puh, I don't think, thats good, honestly. But I had to calculate. Geodes from washing are pretty strong. Also electrolyzers with electrodes.

Betterlugi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Betterlugi »

Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:45 pm
Betterlugi wrote: ↑
Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:42 pm
Puh, I don't think, thats good, honestly. But I had to calculate. Geodes from washing are pretty strong. Also electrolyzers with electrodes.
I'll take your word on it

Abalone
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Abalone »

When crafting the basic circuit board i get the following error message.

The mod Sea Block (0.5.1) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event SeaBlock::on_player_crafted_item (ID 13)
__SeaBlock__/control.lua:106: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
__SeaBlock__/control.lua:106: in function 'haveitem'
__SeaBlock__/control.lua:114: in function <__SeaBlock__/control.lua:111>

KiwiHawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Abalone wrote: ↑
Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:29 am
When crafting the basic circuit board i get the following error message.

The mod Sea Block (0.5.1) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event SeaBlock::on_player_crafted_item (ID 13)
__SeaBlock__/control.lua:106: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
__SeaBlock__/control.lua:106: in function 'haveitem'
__SeaBlock__/control.lua:114: in function <__SeaBlock__/control.lua:111>
Thanks for reporting this. I've just released Sea Block 0.5.2 . This issue should be fixed. Please let me know if you have any issues after upgrading.

Buy me a coffee

hewhoispale
Inserter
Inserter

Post by hewhoispale »

Since the research tree is such a interweaving of mods, I'm not sure Seablock is specifically responsible, but: the only direct pre-req tech for electric engines is lubricant. It doesn't require regular engines to research, even indirectly, even though the non-electric engines are a component item to craft the electric version.

KiwiHawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

hewhoispale wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:53 pm
Since the research tree is such a interweaving of mods, I'm not sure Seablock is specifically responsible, but: the only direct pre-req tech for electric engines is lubricant. It doesn't require regular engines to research, even indirectly, even though the non-electric engines are a component item to craft the electric version.
Which version are you running? This should have been fixed in 0.5.2 . Note this was an update to just the Sea Block mod, not the whole pack. Pack updates will be less regular - waiting for an update to bob's or angel's mods for example.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SeaBlock/changelog

Thanks for reporting it though!

Buy me a coffee

hewhoispale
Inserter
Inserter

Post by hewhoispale »

Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:12 am
hewhoispale wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:53 pm
Which version are you running? This should have been fixed in 0.5.2 . Note this was an update to just the Sea Block mod, not the whole pack. Pack updates will be less regular - waiting for an update to bob's or angel's mods for example.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SeaBlock/changelog

Thanks for reporting it though!
Ah. 0.5.1, my bad. I try to not update during a seablock run, since it has a tendency to snap my factory in half like a twig.

Thanks for taking up stewardship of the modpack.

Return to β€œMods”