Logic gate counting error

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Blade22
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Logic gate counting error

Post by Blade22 »

Hello everybody,

I use conveyor belts in ring shape so that various factories can exchange raw materials. So that a product does not clog the ring, a plus or minus signal is evaluated by a counter each time it is put on or taken down and buffer boxes are filled or emptied accordingly.

Apart from some cabling problems (need three colors) that seems to work quite well, but every now and then it is counted quickly.

With a ring that should contain 100 iron plates, I was able to determine after a short time that fewer and fewer iron plates were on the ring and that these were not refilled.

The ring had two sources of iron plates over boxes and grippers (which produce a plus signal) and 8 factories with 8 grippers (which each produce minus signals).

My assumption is that possibly not all minus signals have been reliably detected, because they arrived at the meter too quickly or almost simultaneously.

Can someone confirm the behavior or has a suggested solution for me?

Greetings Blade

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Logic gate counting error

Post by Zavian »

You have probably already checked, but it is easy to miss a wire/forget to set the circuit signals on an inserter.

Check your power production. Combinators don't always update when low on power. (viewtopic.php?f=23&t=91175).

Blade22
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Blade22 »

Thank you for your prompt reply

I hope not that I swapped lines.
It is extremely difficult to lay cables, but the correct network is attached to each of the eight grippers.

I have been able to test them individually to the extent that I can rule out that a single gripper has no connection.

The power supply is a good tip, I checked and from 2.9MW 1.2 to 1.8MW are used. The current bar on the electricity pylons is constantly filled.

Here the Setup:

SackCFix
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SackCFix »

Hey Blade,

is this something that in theory fits your needs?
Ring Counter.jpg
Ring Counter.jpg (204.75 KiB) Viewed 1877 times

The amount of Iron Plates on the Belt is given by the number that is put into the Constant Combinator (50 Iron Plates in this Case)...after the outer half of the Belt is filled with Gears, the Assemblers will stop to produce and no more Iron is needed. To Count the Items that are left on the Belt, the Decider Combinator in the lower left is wired to the Belt and will Reset itself everytime the Fish passes ;) How did you count the Items left on the Belt? Would you share some Screenshots with us? Would be cool to see your Setup :D
Ring Counter 2.jpg
Ring Counter 2.jpg (230.41 KiB) Viewed 1877 times
The Result is that there are mostly 52 Iron Plates on the Belt, varying a little due to Inserter-Stack-Size.

Edit: Ah, you uploaded a Screenshot ;-) Thanks!

Blade22
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Blade22 »

Hi there,

thanks for the detailed examples, I'll take a very close look at them and understand them.

I got an idea that I am currently testing in Factorio:

If at the adder the negative part of A x -1 = A is exactly the same as A - 2 = A

I have built this negative part, partly with the second variant A - 2 = A, it is possible that this leads to wrong results.

Return to “Gameplay Help”