"X entities are missing construction robots/are missing the material for construction" alerts/sounds are now silent

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
iolittle
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

"X entities are missing construction robots/are missing the material for construction" alerts/sounds are now silent

Post by iolittle »

Greetings,
Please excuse me if this is a noob question. I recall that in version 0.16 that when placing a ghost of an entity, if you were missing construction robots/materials, the game would alert with a pop-up icon next to the hotbar, as well as an audible alert (two beeps). The alert would repeat every 30 seconds or so. In version 1.0, you no longer hear the audible alert, only the pop-up alert icon is visible. My main question is whether I can re-enable this audio alert for version 1.0, and when/why it was removed. I looked through the changelog and could not find anything related to the removal of this feature. I also tried to search through the API, but I couldn't find anything related to the alert system. I'm not sure where to go from here.
Any help is greatly appreciated

alert-construction-ogg_not_found.png
alert-construction-ogg_not_found.png (13.64 KiB) Viewed 934 times

Also typed in-game commands to mute/unmute these specific alerts, but this did nothing, as expected.

AyleeJenn
Inserter
Inserter

Re: "X entities are missing construction robots/are missing the material for construction" alerts/sounds are now silent

Post by AyleeJenn »

greetings to you,

from what I can tell there were quite a few people who did not take well to the various sound changes happening after version .16x onwards. This goes as far as people having made mods to undo/revert some of these changes. :? I can't help you because my own expertize in modding is only just "beginner" at best but I can point you to one of those mods, maybe these can help you?

viewtopic.php?f=190&t=86224

I hope you can find what you are looking for. I know for sure how irritating sounds (or lack ther-of) can be.

Return to “Modding help”