Remote Controlled Circuit Switch

This board is to show, discuss and archive useful combinator- and logic-creations.
Smart triggering, counters and sensors, useful circuitry, switching as an art :), computers.
Please provide if possible always a blueprint of your creation.
MassiveDynamic
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Remote Controlled Circuit Switch

Post by MassiveDynamic »

Sorry for the late response but I just saw this post. This sounds like a perfect use for my train operated potentiometer. See if this gives you the functionality you require.

viewtopic.php?t=62531

TheRaph
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheRaph »

blazespinnaker wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:27 pm
A little offtopic and normally I'd spoiler the reply, but it doesn't work so well with attachments.

Yeah, so my megabase world is a bit weird. I like to spread out and eliminate biters from the map - so that wouldn't quite work out.

Here it is with roboports turned on for the map. I like to play most of my game in map mode. My radar consumes 653 MW, true story. Running or even driving around is so terribly slow. And that reach limit is so annoying, even with a personal roboport (which has limited logistics access)
Ok now I understand - my play style is more ... square-ish, so I need only to defend my outer walls. And if i need to extend I build the next line:
Bild_2020-12-20_214101.png
Bild_2020-12-20_214101.png (1.05 MiB) Viewed 1398 times
I also mostly use map view for building. My radar is only 110 MW but I've deleted any non necessary radar - only in the middle of each rail crossing so each radar covers 7x7 chunks.
blazespinnaker wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:27 pm

To take out biter bases at the borderlands I had something like this for awhile after I got artillery. That's the one with the remote switch (so as not to completely hijack this thread :)

I was dealing with a lot of incoming behemoths.

But, I don't use lasers or turrets anymore. Sometimes a few landmines to act as virtual barriers when stragglers wander in to chomp on my radar.
I think my production of landmines over all is literally ZERO. I've got only two lines of Lasers, double walls and dragon teeth (as shown on picture some posts ago). And as far I remember no problems with behemoths.

And to not completely to hijack this thread ... my promised BP:
Bild_2020-12-20_224404.png
Bild_2020-12-20_224404.png (1003.75 KiB) Viewed 1398 times

blazespinnaker
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by blazespinnaker »

TheRaph wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:44 pm

Ok now I understand - my play style is more ... square-ish, so I need only to defend my outer walls.

Yeah, I did something similar for awhile, but after my artillery had enough range, putting them on islands sort of made biters redundant. Walls / turrets, etc, no need. :). My landmine production is rather low, but landmines are very OP for dealing with biters. No need to power them, bots replenish, don't slow you down when walking over them. And any biter rush is stopped in its tracks.

Once you get landmines in deathworld, it's really game over.

You should post more details in the megabase building forum. Very interested.
OptimaUPS Mod, pm for info.

Return to “Combinator Creations”