Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by valneq »

Emordnys wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:28 pm
Would you mind going into detail as to what it is replaced with?
From what I can see: with Angel's Industries you have three different tiers of nuclear power: plutonium, thorium-plutonium and deuterium. Uranium is kind of only used to kickstart the plutonium varieties. But I never went deep into nuclear with Angel's and I don't touch the actual code of the mod, just relaying information.
Beware: which nuclear recipes from basegame or from Bob's mods are available depends in fact on mod combinations and mod settings.

When I asked your first question to the Angel's mods discord:
valneq: Angel's nuclear stuff is meant to be played without Kovarex, right?
pezzawinkle: Correct. Kovarex would break the concept entirely, and even the bobingabout one gets removed under some conditions
So yeah, having no recipe for the Kovarex process is intended. But maybe in the future the technology will not be entirely empty anymore.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Emordnys wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:28 pm
Would you mind going into detail as to what it is replaced with?
To follow up on kira's response...

In angels you only use uranium to obtain plutonium, at which you can start using AMOX cells, the downside of AMOX is that you generate a substantial amount of excess plutonium with that. A good measure is how many items/GJ of energy you're stockpiling. In order to 'sink' the plutonium, you go to thorium, which in the end is plutonium negative, however then you start stockpiling muon catalysts, at a much slower rate in terms of items/GJ. At last, you get deuterium, which is the endgame stable power provider.

Of course, angels shouldn't be angels without byproduct management, so you get extra uranium from some processes, which are then used as uranium fuel cells. The kovarex enrichment is thus twofold, you get uranium fuel cells from using other fuel cells, AND you can see the stockpile of plutonium as the kovarex enrichment.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

Salmonei
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Salmonei »

I like Angel's Industries mod. But some time ago i've encountes some compatibility problem's with Bob's modules
Some research of the modules require Yellow science analyzer. And i have no labs to use this combination. But all later researches don't need Yellow science analyzer.
Thanks for any help!
Attachments
2020-12-16_19-39-22.png
2020-12-16_19-39-22.png (13.93 KiB) Viewed 4474 times
2020-12-16_19-30-54.png
2020-12-16_19-30-54.png (697.23 KiB) Viewed 4474 times

magnuspwnzer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by magnuspwnzer »

I'm having difficulty with Thermal Water. Either with the Bore or the Extractor, no matter the yield or the expected fluid per second, they only ever output 100 fluid per cycle. I really don't have a clue how I can fix this on my end. I changed mining strength and speed but they still only ever output 100 fluid per cycle. Any way I can adjust this?
Thanks for any suggestions!

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

magnuspwnzer wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:21 pm
I'm having difficulty with Thermal Water. Either with the Bore or the Extractor, no matter the yield or the expected fluid per second, they only ever output 100 fluid per cycle. I really don't have a clue how I can fix this on my end. I changed mining strength and speed but they still only ever output 100 fluid per cycle. Any way I can adjust this?
This sounds like you hit the limit of the internal fluidbox, which can only hold 100 fluid at any point in time, iirc.

magnuspwnzer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by magnuspwnzer »

It does the same thing if I directly hook it up to a tank with 200k storage.
Unless you're referring to something more esoteric in the code?

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

magnuspwnzer wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:41 pm
It does the same thing if I directly hook it up to a tank with 200k storage.
Unless you're referring to something more esoteric in the code?
I mean the internal fluidbox of the extractor itself, if you call this "esoteric", fine.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Salmonei wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:42 pm
I like Angel's Industries mod. But some time ago i've encountes some compatibility problem's with Bob's modules
Some research of the modules require Yellow science analyzer. And i have no labs to use this combination. But all later researches don't need Yellow science analyzer.
Thanks for any help!
Thanks for the report, I will investigate. I have made an issue to track it. It's weird that I didn't saw this before during my development the past days in that area, could you maybe upload a save file for me to reproduce here or on github? Thanks in advance!
magnuspwnzer wrote:
I'll see how the base game fluid box behaves, make sure it works identical... I just think the 'yield' is too high, and we tried fixing it before... I've made an issue to track this.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

Salmonei
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Salmonei »

Thanks for response! Here the Save file.
Bob Angel.zip
(24.33 MiB) Downloaded 83 times

Kople101366
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kople101366 »

issues with steam having a temperature and not being able to select a temperature in helmod. I am trying to supply steam in hel mod via an electric boiler.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 1.48.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 1.48.44 AM.png (1.37 MiB) Viewed 4073 times
Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 1.48.09 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 1.48.09 AM.png (588.11 KiB) Viewed 4073 times
Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 1.46.02 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 1.46.02 AM.png (381.21 KiB) Viewed 4073 times

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Kople101366 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:52 am
issues with steam having a temperature and not being able to select a temperature in helmod. I am trying to supply steam in hel mod via an electric boiler.
This is a helmod issue. Why exactly do you report this in the Angel's mods subforum?

magnuspwnzer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by magnuspwnzer »

magnuspwnzer wrote:
I'll see how the base game fluid box behaves, make sure it works identical... I just think the 'yield' is too high, and we tried fixing it before... I've made an issue to track this.
[/quote]

Has there been any movement on this issue?

Grimshad
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Grimshad »

Game Crashing upon completion of Crawler Construction robots research with Factorio 1.1.8

The speicifc error doesn't seem to be popping up anymore, but the first time it did and It was something to the nature of setting an available hotkey.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Grimshad wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:58 am
Game Crashing upon completion of Crawler Construction robots research with Factorio 1.1.8

The speicifc error doesn't seem to be popping up anymore, but the first time it did and It was something to the nature of setting an available hotkey.
This was reported already, see on the github https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/issues/516

Fishtank
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Fishtank »

valneq wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:16 am

This was reported already, see on the github https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/issues/516
I just had the same issue, the github link was helpful, I believe the shortcuts that mod is trying to unlock are unlocked by default in v1.1.
In my case removing the code from mod helped. You can try to do the same by removing/commenting lines 162-177 from angelsindustries/control.lua file.

https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/bl ... l.lua#L162

dadadoko
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dadadoko »

I am playing Bob+Angels, but I am unable to sort Crystal Dust into gems like Ruby Ore. Is this a bug or have I somehow not enabled it? I do see an Unsorted Gemstone Ore in my FNEI, but there there are no recipes to create it or to use it. I can create Roby Ore via a Crystal Catalyst, but I like the sorting recipe...

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

dadadoko wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:42 pm
I am playing Bob+Angels, but I am unable to sort Crystal Dust into gems like Ruby Ore. Is this a bug or have I somehow not enabled it? I do see an Unsorted Gemstone Ore in my FNEI, but there there are no recipes to create it or to use it. I can create Roby Ore via a Crystal Catalyst, but I like the sorting recipe...
This is intended. With Angel's mods active, you should only have one way to make Ruby ore and that is via crystal catalyst. Unsorted gem ore is deactivated.

MaverickMF
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MaverickMF »

I got a error in sandox game after unlock all tech. Factorio 1.1.8

The scenario level caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the scenario author.

Error while running event level::on_gui_click (ID 1)
The mod Angel's Industries (0.4.10) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event angelsindustries::on_research_finished (ID 18)
Only custom shortcut prototypes with the action type "lua" can be used. For all others there are specific functions/properties.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'set_shortcut_available'
__angelsindustries__/control.lua:156: in function 'unlock'
__angelsindustries__/control.lua:175: in function <__angelsindustries__/control.lua:160>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'research_all_technologies'
...Data/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/sandbox.lua:72: in function 'handler'
__core__/lualib/event_handler.lua:47: in function <__core__/lualib/event_handler.lua:45>

PASS
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by PASS »

Hello can somebody help me fix this ?

It happens when i finish the first crawler tech.
I have Bobs and Angels mods

The error:

Error while running event angelsindustries::on_research_finished (ID 18)
Only custom shortcut prototypes with the action type "lua" can be used. For all others there are specific functions/properties.stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'set_shortcut_available'__angelsindustries__/control.lua:
156: in function 'unlock'__angelsindustries__/control.lua:
175: in function <__angelsindustries__/control.lua:
160>

What cann i do to resolve this ?

I have Factorio 1.1.8.

Edit : i saw now its already reported .

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

PASS wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:09 pm
Hello can somebody help me fix this ?
[…]
MaverickMF wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:33 pm
I got a error in sandox game after unlock all tech. Factorio 1.1.8
[…]
This is hopefully fixed with Angel's Industries 0.4.11
Please report any issues that remain, in case you face any more problems.

Return to “Angels Mods”