Name: Sea Block
Description: Lots of water.
License: Modpack, refer to individual mods for each license
Version: 0.5.12
Release: 2023-01-01
Tested-With-Factorio-Version: 1.1.74
Download-Url: SeaBlockPack_0.5.12.zip
Sea Block mod changelog: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SeaBlock/changelog
Refer to individual mods for their changelogs.

This modpack alters terrain generation so that everywhere except the starting block is water. You are given just enough starting items to create a small factory that extracts resources from the sea, and must grow from your single tile to a sprawling factory capable of building the SpaceMod FTL starship.

Hints
  • The default factorio key to increase landfill size is numpad+
  • Open FNEI settings and untick Show Hidden Items
  • Press ctrl + E to open the Factorio NEI interface. Left clicking an item in FNEI shows the recipes that produce the item, right clicking shows recipes that consume the item.
Breaking changes
Picture
SeaBlock.png
SeaBlock.png (1.62 MiB) Viewed 94708 times
Installation
Download SeaBlockPack_0.5.12.zip. Unzip into your factorio mods directory. Your factorio mods directory is %appdata%/factorio/mods (windows), ~/.factorio/mods (linux) or ~/Library/Application Support/factorio/mods (MacOS).

Alternatively, download the correct version of each mod from the mod portal and place in your mods directory. Versions and links are listed in Mod List, below.

Starting a new Freeplay game will generate a Sea Block map.

Licenses
Last edited by KiwiHawk on Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:44 pm, edited 31 times in total.
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

KiwiHawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 1.1] Sea Block Pack 0.5.0

Post by KiwiHawk »

Hi!

As some of you I'm sure have noticed, I'm not Trainwreck. He's been nice enough to trust me to update his modpack. This is my first release. Please let me know if you come across any issues!

KiwiHawk
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

jogaproger
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jogaproger »

I tryed it and the "default landfill type" is set to landfill instead of sand in mod settings, i dont know if its intended but it seems like an unintentional change as i dont see it in changelog (and vanilla landfill is ugly :) )
I like the hydroplant recipe change and the tech tree is way better this way for the early game imo :)

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Nice, I'll check it out asap. Thanks!

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

KiwiHawk wrote: ↑
Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:35 am
Hi!

As some of you I'm sure have noticed, I'm not Trainwreck. He's been nice enough to trust me to update his modpack. This is my first release. Please let me know if you come across any issues!

KiwiHawk
Glad there is someone he trusts, and thank you for stepping up!

Is adding Angels' industries (WITHOUT component mode) still on the radar map for the complex nuclear fuel recipes? It works well (I run that way myself), so it sholud be just a change in the modlist.

KiwiHawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

jogaproger wrote: ↑
Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:08 am
I tryed it and the "default landfill type" is set to landfill instead of sand in mod settings, i dont know if its intended but it seems like an unintentional change as i dont see it in changelog (and vanilla landfill is ugly :) )
I like the hydroplant recipe change and the tech tree is way better this way for the early game imo :)
Thanks for reporting this. No, it wasn't intended! You can just change the setting yourself though so I'm not considering it urgent πŸ™‚

Buy me a coffee

KiwiHawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

evandy wrote: ↑
Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:54 pm
Is adding Angels' industries (WITHOUT component mode) still on the radar map for the complex nuclear fuel recipes? It works well (I run that way myself), so it sholud be just a change in the modlist.
I've had a few requests so I will be investigating. The bots would be a big change to the balance of the pack!

Buy me a coffee

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:21 pm
I've had a few requests so I will be investigating. The bots would be a big change to the balance of the pack!
Hmm, this is true, but they are sooooooooo sloooooooow that I always feel they are balanced enough.

minno
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by minno »

Even if they're slow, having logistics bots means you can make a mall or other low-demand production facility extremely easily.

CornedBee
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by CornedBee »

Enforced removal of Bob's Chemical Plants and Electrolysers
Does this also remove the technologies? Having a chain of technologies that do nothing makes the completionist and the perfectionist in me get into a big fight.

KiwiHawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

CornedBee wrote: ↑
Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:10 am
Does this also remove the technologies?
Yes, that's right πŸ™‚

Buy me a coffee

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:50 pm
Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:21 pm
Hmm, this is true, but they are sooooooooo sloooooooow that I always feel they are balanced enough.
Construction Bots with Crawler vehicles (truck, train) would be great. Logistic Cargo Bots are too much, i think, esp. Mk2 ones. The thing, that they are moving one stack is really powerful.

minno
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by minno »

Early construction bots would be great. I think a mod like TinyStart would be a great addition to the pack.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

I really like the change to Green Algae 2 research. Now you only need 100 red packs :!:
minno wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:54 pm
Early construction bots would be great. I think a mod like TinyStart would be a great addition to the pack.
I think the angels bots at red & green science are nice, too. Used them for my marathon run back in 0.17 (not finished :()

Currently, I play with brave new world, which gives you only 100 con bots at the beginning. Very nice, but you have to cheat the first research in order to proceed. BNW gets updated for 1.1 soonish. I just increased version.

tobyas
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by tobyas »

I notitced that SeaBlockMetaPack and A Sea Block Config are missing from the modlist.
Are those not needed anymore?

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Fyi:
Science Cost Tweaker will get some changes. Don't know, if it will work without problem
viewtopic.php?p=528421#p528421

KiwiHawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Updated version released. Science Cost Tweaker's latest (breaking) change hasn't yet been included yet.
tobyas wrote: ↑
Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:11 pm
I notitced that SeaBlockMetaPack and A Sea Block Config are missing from the modlist.
Are those not needed anymore?
Fixed, thanks!

Let me know if you have any issues!

Buy me a coffee

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 1.1] Sea Block Pack 0.5.1

Post by jodokus31 »

Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:50 pm
Tested-With-Factorio-Version: 1.1.5
None of the files in SeaBlockPack_0.5.0.zip have been modified..
Two things, that might need an update as well in first post?

KiwiHawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 1.1] Sea Block Pack 0.5.1

Post by KiwiHawk »

jodokus31 wrote: ↑
Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:23 pm
Two things, that might need an update as well in first post?
Good spotting! Updated, thanks

Buy me a coffee

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

jodokus31 wrote: ↑
Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:38 pm
Fyi:
Science Cost Tweaker will get some changes. Don't know, if it will work without problem
viewtopic.php?p=528421#p528421
i have not found any loops due change in t1 and t3, when loading my sea block test save, also new ingredient recipe unlocked properly, but t3 is now slighly more complex, so you need to build more stuff, to be able to produce blue science pack. so it does disrupt current production line. i have no idea, how bad is new intermediate for seablock balance wise, tho'

t1 lab now consumer more iron less copper, but it's not that significant, and you don't build labs en mass, so that's not issue.

as for T3 in my ab play, it shifted more focus toward chemistry, due requirement of sulfur, so i needed to rebuild my factory somewhat. i expect similar effect in seablock, so if you don't want to bother with it during christmas, just wait with mod update until you have time for rebuild.

Return to β€œMods”