Playing "Let it go" from Frozen

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Mooeing-747
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Playing "Let it go" from Frozen

Post by Mooeing-747 »

About a year ago, I decided I wanted to make a piano by using programmable speakers. I worked on it off and on (but mostly off!) until mid October, when I finally settled on a design for the piano itself.

A weekend's worth of work later and the initial version was done and could play a fairly recognizable version of "flight of the bumblebee" or "long journey home". However, now I was hooked and I wanted to go bigger and better. Someone suggested "Let it go" with a winter theme, which I thought was delightful. Unfortunately, when I plugged it into my piano, I quickly realized that the limitations of the programmable speaker, namely the inability to control sound volume or duration, really took away from the result.

So I decided to write a musical speaker mod to solve those problems. Three weeks of effort later, and just in time for the holidays, I was able to record this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMUe16I7cuk

The musical speaker mod, as well as the save used to record the above video, can be found on my GitHub.
Known as moogan in game.

Return to “Show your Creations”