Downloading game again

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Shaylexios
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Downloading game again

Post by Shaylexios »

I tried to update my game from 1.0.0 to the latest experimental a few hours ago and after 5-10 mins the download bar had not changed at all, so i just tried to download the standalone version direct from the website but i can only get a download speed of about 18-25KBps, which equates to like 12-16 hours for the download.
I Did some speed test and my connection is about 40Mbps or so so it should be a lot faster.
Is anyone else having issues or is it something on my end?

Cheers
Shaylexios

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Downloading game again

Post by Koub »

I get nominal download speed from home at this precise moment (basically my max bandwidth).
2020-12-08 08_29_23-Window.jpg
2020-12-08 08_29_23-Window.jpg (17.28 KiB) Viewed 1308 times
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Shaylexios
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Shaylexios »

Hmmm.... odd... must be something on my end then, for it is still doing it here.... time to reset everything and investigate as everything else i try to download works fine...

Thanks for checking though.

Cheers
Shaylexios

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Maybe an issue with the CDN where you live. We don't just download from the same server in Wube's dataroom/center from all around the world. Maybe there is an issue between your Internet provider and the CDN where you live, or an issue on the CDN by itself in your region of the world. I only have very basic understanding of how these things work, so I can't delve deeper into the diagnostics, sorry.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Shaylexios
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Shaylexios »

Really weird, restarted everything still didnt fix it yesterday, tried it again today, now no issues going at 3-4MB/s like it should, something must have changed, oh well at least its working now.
Now the factory must grow...

Cheers
Shaylexios.

Return to “General discussion”