automating wood with angel-bob mods

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
wheezil
Inserter
Inserter

automating wood with angel-bob mods

Post by wheezil »

I'm learning the "angel+bob" mod packs, I think I have the standard set. I am pretty early game, just starting to separate bobmonium and set my bus going, small jumpstart mall and research, and got to where I really need more wood. I have seed extractor and greenhouse but I can't seem to close the loop. I have:
wood -> seed-extractor -> greenhouse -> tree
But going tree -> wood is a manual crafting step. How do I automate that?
--john

Xeorm
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: automating wood with angel-bob mods

Post by Xeorm »

Should be able to do that step in an assembly machine.

wheezil
Inserter
Inserter

Post by wheezil »

That's what I've seen in other discussions and videos, but I don't have craft-wood-in-assembler option using Assembling Machine 1. Perhaps I am missing a mod that allows this or a mod prohibits this? When I drop an assembler and search for "wood" I do not see a recipe to make wood:
Searching for wood in "what's it used for" shows an option with no "crafted in", which seems to mean "player":
The remaining options require some lumbermill tech:
I'm not sure what is making this unavailable. These are my mod lists:

Thanks,
john

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Use your Bob's Greenhouse. Research the tech if it's not yet.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Maybe it's intended, that you can only handcraft this recipe at least to dont have to chop the trees? Later recipes are more complex and are the only way i knew of until now.

Btw: Bobs greenhouse is a bit OP imo, but feel free to use it

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

wheezil wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:03 pm
But going tree -> wood is a manual crafting step. How do I automate that?
This is entirely intended by Angel's Bioprocessing to make Bob's greenhouses less OP, as many people believe they are.

You need to research the tech Arboretum 1, it unlocks a recipe to get wood from trees via assembling machines. But you need to supply it with sawblades that you get back with high chance.

wheezil
Inserter
Inserter

Post by wheezil »

Thanks everyone. Sounds like Bob's greenhouse was a minor cheat, was semi-disabled by angel, and I should soldier on to arboretum etc.
--john

Xeorm
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Xeorm »

Yea, it's not seen as an interesting chain via greenhouse, compared to the other bio stuff that angel's has.

In general I'd almost recommend doing one or the other now. Angel's mods has a bunch of new stuff attached to it to really fill things out, while Bob's has too much, in my opinion. Then again, the only bit I really cared about from bob's was some of the interesting things you could do like change up how inserters worked or having different varieties of weapons. The multiple outputs from angel's stuff really is what got me interested in using the modset.

Return to “Gameplay Help”