Bitcoin

Things that are not directly connected with Factorio.
Holy-Fire
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Bitcoin

Post by Holy-Fire »

I think it's absolutely cool that this amazing game can be paid for using Bitcoin.

How involved are the developers in the Bitcoin community? Were they in the Prague conference in November 2011?

FWIW, I heard about Factorio through a post on bitcointalk. Not sure how I'd have heard about it otherwise.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bitcoin

Post by MF- »

I am afraid I haven't heard about that event. Were the talks recorded?

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

We didn't know about the bitcoins back then. We really like the concept though. On the other hand on our site something like 7 people actually used bitcoins to buy the game. That is just incomparable to paypal numbers. Not sure whether it is due to the fact that people don't know about it or try to hold it nowadays because of all the volatility and speculations.

Holy-Fire
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Holy-Fire »

slpwnd wrote:We didn't know about the bitcoins back then. We really like the concept though. On the other hand on our site something like 7 people actually used bitcoins to buy the game. That is just incomparable to paypal numbers. Not sure whether it is due to the fact that people don't know about it or try to hold it nowadays because of all the volatility and speculations.
Any Bitcoin enthusiast will prefer to pay using Bitcoin where possible. Unfortunately still more people use PayPal than Bitcoin.

Return to “Off topic”