[1.1.0] Please reinstate the +/- feature in the character's logistics window

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[1.1.0] Please reinstate the +/- feature in the character's logistics window

Post by DRY411S »

I like to have extra rows, so that they are not all crammed together and jumbled.
1st row belts and chests (+ empty stacks)
2nd row inserters (+ empty stacks)
3rd row power and assemblers (+ empty stacks)

Etc.

Now that the +/- feature has been removed, new rows only appear when the previous row has been filled. Please put it back the way it was in 1.0?

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1.0] Please reinstate the +/- feature in the character's logistics window

Post by eradicator »

+1

Yea..., this looks really weird when loading an old 1.0 savegame. Suddenly the button is just gone and there is no hint on how to add more rows.

Also the header is no longer bold and uses an old and ugly standard checkbox instead of the nice new on/off switch. Which makes it look like the proper header is missing too.
logisticcompare.png
logisticcompare.png (86.56 KiB) Viewed 1565 times
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

IronCartographer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.0] Please reinstate the +/- feature in the character's logistics window

Post by IronCartographer »

Truth be told I'd rather have a UI more like the Signal/Filter Selection UI, with the ability to set requests on each of the valid items in-game, sorted and grouped appropriately in the panel itself rather than requiring a separate pop-up (though it is less inconvenient than it used to be, with E to confirm).

The gaps you are asking for help keep it organized, but using the global organizational framework would be even more consistent.

Furthermore, there could be an option to "hide/filter inactive requests" flattening the list down to the current grid and compactness, while maintaining auto-sorting.

KenchForTheBench
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by KenchForTheBench »

DRY411S wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:07 pm
I like to have extra rows, so that they are not all crammed together and jumbled.
1st row belts and chests (+ empty stacks)
2nd row inserters (+ empty stacks)
3rd row power and assemblers (+ empty stacks)

Etc.

Now that the +/- feature has been removed, new rows only appear when the previous row has been filled. Please put it back the way it was in 1.0?
IronCartographer wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:08 pm
Truth be told I'd rather have a UI more like the Signal/Filter Selection UI, with the ability to set requests on each of the valid items in-game, sorted and grouped appropriately in the panel itself rather than requiring a separate pop-up (though it is less inconvenient than it used to be, with E to confirm).

The gaps you are asking for help keep it organized, but using the global organizational framework would be even more consistent.

Furthermore, there could be an option to "hide/filter inactive requests" flattening the list down to the current grid and compactness, while maintaining auto-sorting.
I agree with both of these in the context of mods that add lots of content. First it is a pain to setup everything by hand when you have hundreds of requested items. Second it is important to keep things organized (hence the utility of the +/- button) otherwise you lose track of where you put the request for the specific object and you lose even more time by having to use the search bar (which is handy from time to time but still).

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

Am I the only one who thinks that a) the OP misunderstood how this was implemented and b) the OP was misunderstood in what he actually wants? ;)
DRY411S wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:07 pm
As soon as I add a request to the bottom most row, another row appears. So it is entirely possible to have a lot of only partially filled rows (as you can see in the picture of the second post).
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

ickputzdirwech wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:45 pm
Am I the only one who thinks that a) the OP misunderstood how this was implemented and b) the OP was misunderstood in what he actually wants? ;)
no, it's clear to me.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

From the point of UI-design, replacing the switch with an multi select is an error. A multi select button means: there must be more. Would be ok if there where - e.g. in different tabs - but there are none. The switch is the right solution here. And it could be placed left here, to enhance the importance. But it would look a bit ugly with the on/off left and right, I would remove the on/off and indicate the state off by ghosting everything.

The missing +/- : it was already wrong in the previous version. The right place to indicate that there can be more is in the next row. It would be enough to add a row with different looking boxes (more transparent for example).
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”