Version 1.1.0

Information about releases and roadmap.
gGeorg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 1.1.0

Post by gGeorg »

One wish you could add to the awesomenes.

When make Shift+click queue command for Spidy allow waypoint snap to any previous waypoint of the current queue. That way it makes queue infinite (self repeating). e.g. Patrol route is born.

DrParanoia
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DrParanoia »

ptx0 wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:05 pm
oh yes, i can totally see grayscale icons working out well. i'm looking for circuits and see, oh right there's my green circuits.. or are they red? or blue? :roll:
Sorry, I meant to say the "toggle buttons under the minimap" :D Fixed

MiniHerc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MiniHerc »

kovarex wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:49 pm
I'm quite surprised by the complaints related to the quickbar change. It seems like a super obvious thing to me, that I always clear the cursor automatically whenever I'm done doing something with an item. Clicking some other quickbar item with something else is hand is just something that doesn't happen, but apparently they are people that don't do that. I will make an option that locks the quickbar for people doing fat-finger actions too often.
Instead, make an option to NOT replace the quickbar item, eh? I don't want to replace items I click, and I don't want to lock the quickbar.

Or if the quickbar is 'locked', let middle click still set filters.

Did anyone specifically ask for 'click to replace' 'feature'?
Last edited by MiniHerc on Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MiniHerc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MiniHerc »

Ghoulish wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:04 pm
Ambaire wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:14 am
Why was the Rocket silo stats GUI removed? How do we now see how many satellites we've launched?
I don't understand why it was seemingly randomly removed.
I would like to ask this too. For me (and many others I'd bet) Factorio starts after you launch that first rocket - forever chasing MOREβ„’. Increasing the Science per Minute and so on... It's an interesting statistic to have for long term or big factories. Frankly I would like to of seen it expanded to include how many rockets per minute / hour you've launched etc, not randomly removed.

Please consider readding this in some form guys. Pretty please?

To me this change is just unnecessarily muting a fun aspect to Factorio, hell, I bet someone who's just launched their first rocket would like to know when they've managed 10, or how fast they're getting launched?

Please undo, or readd in some way.
+1
Kyralessa wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:24 pm
I'm quite surprised by the complaints related to the quickbar change. It seems like a super obvious thing to me, that I always clear the cursor automatically whenever I'm done doing something with an item. Clicking some other quickbar item with something else is hand is just something that doesn't happen, but apparently they are people that don't do that. I will make an option that locks the quickbar for people doing fat-finger actions too often.
I was very surprised by all the complaints. Then I tried a new game in 1.1. After a few minutes, I looked down and thought, "What!? Why did I put a burner miner in two places right next to each other in the toolbar...ohhhhhhhhhhhhh." :lol: I was so used to being able to click on a different item to pick it up, even if I had something in my hand, that I didn't realize I was doing it.
ickputzdirwech wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:34 pm
  • Changing filters in the quickbar is an action that is needed very rarely. Definitely fewer times than taking an item from the quickbar. The more frequent action should be easier accessible.
  • If you forget to clear the cursor first, there is no easy way to undo the new filter in the quickbar.
This is a great summary of the issues with the change. It's not a terrible change. I imagine everyone will eventually get used to it. But it definitely violates our collective muscle memory. It makes sense that it should be a bit harder to change a quickbar filter than to grab something from the quickbar. :)

All the other changes are amazing. I definitely should've taken vacation time this week.
+1
Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:20 pm
eradicator wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:59 pm
Calling it "fat finger" makes it sound like an accident when really it's a concious click-count optimization. It's also very convenient when designing blueprints with one hand and holding a mug in the other. ;p
because you accidentally replaced the item.

honestly click optimisation would mean using the keyboard shortcut keys and not a single click must be executed.
So you have a different shortcut for all 4 active quickbars? I click the less frequently used all the time.
eradicator wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:59 pm
Thanks.
Deadlock989 wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:50 pm
Sorry, not having to press another button in between actions is a "fat finger action"?
+infinity

Calling it "fat finger" makes it sound like an accident when really it's a concious click-count optimization. It's also very convenient when designing blueprints with one hand and holding a mug in the other. ;p
+1

MiniHerc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MiniHerc »

Also, please let us toggle which side the character/vehicle info window is on. I still have plenty of room on my monitor on the right for them. Looks Weird on the left.

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:04 pm
Also, please let us toggle which side the character/vehicle info window is on. I still have plenty of room on my monitor on the right for them. Looks Weird on the left.

Are you aware that there's a setting to connect it to the quickbar? (still on the left though)
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

rajdave
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by rajdave »

"Removed the 'Rocket silos stats' GUI."

Is there a way to enable this in the debug options? I really enjoyed having a look at the number of rockets launched.

MiniHerc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MiniHerc »

Please also re-add the character tab as a toggle. Some 'duplication' is okay. And it looks really good.
Xorimuth wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:05 pm
Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:04 pm

Are you aware that there's a setting to connect it to the quickbar? (still on the left though)
I would much rather prefer it on the right, and I am certain that quite a few other people would appreciate a toggle for this.

Ketsa
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ketsa »

HELP, my quickbar keeps changing all the time, very annoying.

Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Impatient »

gGeorg wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:46 pm

When make Shift+click queue command for Spidy allow waypoint snap to any previous waypoint of the current queue. That way it makes queue infinite (self repeating). e.g. Patrol route is born.
You mean "spidertron patrol mode"?
viewtopic.php?t=91787 ;)

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Ketsa wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:13 pm
HELP, my quickbar keeps changing all the time, very annoying.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Impatient wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:17 pm

viewtopic.php?t=91787 ;)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=88274 actually :lol:
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Impatient »

Koub wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:29 pm
Impatient wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:17 pm

viewtopic.php?t=91787 ;)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=88274 actually :lol:
I could have saved 30 minutes of my life, by using the search function first :roll:

seky16
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by seky16 »

Really weird no one here is talking about
Transport belt drag building is locked into a line, can be turned off by an interface setting.
I personally love it, but I'd like to have it under (modifier) hotkey or shortcut. It just feels weird it behaves differently for belts than other entities and turning it on/off through settings is a hustle. I saw some people suggesting this kind of building for other entities, which could be added if it's under a hotkey.

LegoScotsman
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by LegoScotsman »

From 1.1.0, can the following be a toggle-able option? Moved the character/vehicle gun window to the left of the quickbar.
I can't actually see on my left hand side so I now find it difficult to see at a glance my ammunition.

Illiou
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Illiou »

The new main menu is amaaazing! (by chance I even moved the menu panel to the side at just the right scene too :lol: )
Together with everything else this now totally feels like the true version 1.0!

(Although for better effect I would have turned the menu music up a bit and the sounds of the scenes down)

LuxSublima
Inserter
Inserter

Post by LuxSublima »

Bilka wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:11 am
Why was the Rocket silo stats GUI removed? How do we now see how many satellites we've launched?
Press P, search for space science produced, divide by 1000.
+1

Honestly it's nice not having to see the rocket launch stats all the time. The info is still available, and it makes sense that it is not as easy to see because, honestly, how often do you need to check that number?

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

LuxSublima wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:43 pm
+1

Honestly it's nice not having to see the rocket launch stats all the time. The info is still available, and it makes sense that it is not as easy to see because, honestly, how often do you need to check that number?
i stare intensely at it. :geek:

LuxSublima
Inserter
Inserter

Post by LuxSublima »

Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:46 pm
LuxSublima wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:43 pm
+1

i stare intensely at it. :geek:
LOL. To be fair, a couple people have pointed out that Bilka's workaround doesn't actually give you the same data in all cases. So I'm going to have to change my +1 to a +0.5

But it's still a positive thing for me. Here's why:

I personally don't like screen space permanently repurposed as my reward for launching the rocket. I do like being able to know how many I've launched, but it's not info so important to me 100% of the time that it needs its own dedicated screen area.

I think the user that suggested a rocket launch statistics tab with send/receive breakdown (like we already have with electricity/production) has the right idea. It is mod friendly AND new user friendly: just don't show the rocket statistics tab until you've launched one.

And it wouldn't deprive people like you who want not just dedicated pixels, but dedicated retinal neurons for their rocket launch counter. ;-D

MiniHerc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MiniHerc »

Rocket silo stats GUI should be a toggle. Both sets of players are therefore happy.

I'm concerned about this alarming trend of the developers releasing seemingly random changes that noone asked for, with no options for reversion for those who preferred the old way.

Rocket silo stats GUI removal. Character tab removal. Character/vehicle info moving to left side. As just three that I consider to be major, unwanted changes.

Return to β€œReleases”