[kovarex] [1.1.0] Crash while editing blueprint: TransportBeltConnectable::drawEndingPiece

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
TinBryn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[kovarex] [1.1.0] Crash while editing blueprint: TransportBeltConnectable::drawEndingPiece

Post by TinBryn »

factorio.log: https://pastebin.com/Ag0cxC4Q

I was setting up some blueprints, and trying to split it into 2 logical parts and putting them into a book. I had edited them a few times and there was no issue, one time at the moment I opened up the blueprint's gui (from inside the book) the game hard crashed.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.0] Crash while editing blueprint: TransportBeltConnectable::drawEndingPiece

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. Are you able to reproduce the issue at all? I was messing around with blueprints and made it happen once but I didn't save before so when I went back I didn't remember the exact steps I did and couldn't make it happen again.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

TinBryn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.0] Crash while editing blueprint: TransportBeltConnectable::drawEndingPiece

Post by TinBryn »

I've managed to recreate the bug, again crashed before I could save it.

I'm trying to modify some late game science builds with beacon columns to make them more early game friendly, and upgradable to the fully beaconed setups.

This means I'm dealing with a lot of tight underground belts in the blue print and trying to separate out overlapped designs. Hopefully that give a clue as to how to recreate this bug. I'll see if I can find a reliable blueprint to cause this bug.

Also I this new crash didn't use the book.

jan1i3
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jan1i3 »

Reproduction:

It seems very circumstancial but this is pretty consistent...
  • load into some world, i tried a fresh world and a lab tile world while in the editor with entity update paused, seemed like this difference did not affect it
  • import the bp string
  • open it
  • remove the right belt
  • confirm
  • the following just sometimes happens. if it doesn't then just delete the bp and start again by importing the bp again
  • it might crash just from rendering the bp tooltip when hovering it
  • open it
  • it might instantly crash
  • the right side of the belt, where there was a belt previously, the end might not be rendering at all
  • move around with the character
  • it might make the right end of the belt disappear or reappear
  • most of the time if it does that it will crash at some point while moving around

Edit: attached log and dump
Attachments
factorio-dump-current.dmp
(765.08 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
factorio-current.log
(9.45 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
Also known as JanSharp. jan1i3 was/is my old name ;)

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

jan1i3 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:21 pm
Reproduction:

It seems very circumstancial but this is pretty consistent...
  • load into some world, i tried a fresh world and a lab tile world while in the editor with entity update paused, seemed like this difference did not affect it
  • import the bp string
  • open it
  • remove the right belt
  • confirm
  • the following just sometimes happens. if it doesn't then just delete the bp and start again by importing the bp again
Reproduced with the above steps on Linux. No real stacktrace though, so not sure it helps
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(11.04 KiB) Downloaded 119 times

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [1.1.0] Crash while editing blueprint: TransportBeltConnectable::drawEndingPiece

Post by kovarex »

Thanks for the report with minimal reproduction steps

The issue was that the belt connections were made in blueprint (to show the nice rounded belts there), but the disconnections didn't apply the same logic, so there was a hanging pointer there.

Fixed for the next release.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”