Airplay bleed problem

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Azethoth
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Airplay bleed problem

Post by Azethoth »

Play factorio fullscreen
Alt tab out
Airplay something.
Jumbled mix of factorio bleeds into the airplay. You can hear the video sound, you see mostly Factorio.

I assume there is a draw port issue?

Mac Pro + Pro Display XDR
3.3 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon W
AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32 GB

Airplay is to a 4k HDR LG TV

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Airplay bleed problem

Post by Loewchen »

Post your log file and a screenshot of the issue please, see my signature.

Azethoth
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Azethoth »

Ok my bad. I should have rechecked after installing Big Sur.

The Airplay bleed no longer happens as it did in Catalina. I imagine Apple / Google Chrome changed something on that front.

However this leaves a secondary issue: the airplay still drops Factorio out of fullscreen mode but with no way to resume fullscreen mode. Fullscreen is disabled (shortcut does not work) and there does not seem to be a viable way to play as the UI is now cramped at the wrong resolution. You have to quit and restart Factorio. Meanwhile this weird state effectively disables the Mac as it covers everything other than the current application like some kind of weird live factorio background that is vaguely playable.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(10.8 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 11.03.22.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 11.03.22.png (6.14 MiB) Viewed 1387 times

Azethoth
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Azethoth »

Another thing I just noted. I left airplay on and restarted Factorio. It resumed in the cramped resolution. I had to quit again, stop the airplay and then restart to get Factorio back to normal.

I also checked start Factorio, airplay, quit airplay, Factorio remains messed up and requires restart.

So bottom line this is not life threatening and there are workarounds. But it is weird. I guess conflicting changes to the resolution by Airplay vs what Factorio thinks it is running in?

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

You have set interface scale to Custom 300%, so that's what you are getting. Automatic, would change UI scale based on the game resolution.

Anyway, Alt + Enter toggles fullscreen (Option + Enter on macOS, I guess), Ctrl + + or Ctrl + - changes custom UI scale; And there is "Minimize on focus loss" option in graphics settings, which might make it work better when tabbing out and changing screen resolution (if that option works on macOS)

Azethoth
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Azethoth »

posila wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:50 pm
You have set interface scale to Custom 300%, so that's what you are getting. Automatic, would change UI scale based on the game resolution.

Anyway, Alt + Enter toggles fullscreen (Option + Enter on macOS, I guess), Ctrl + + or Ctrl + - changes custom UI scale; And there is "Minimize on focus loss" option in graphics settings, which might make it work better when tabbing out and changing screen resolution (if that option works on macOS)
Ah interesting. Setting scale to auto fixes the crowding.

There is still the weird thing where it drops out of full screen to begin with. But the option-enter gets it back to normal after Airplay. So that is better than having to restart and a good workaround.

I think that is enough workaround for me personally. There is no actual graphics error. Just a weird screen resolution change interaction that drops Factorio out of fullscreen. Can definitely live with it. Simple keyboard shortcut to get back to normal after stopping Airplay which restores the original high resolution.

Thanks for the help!

Return to “Technical Help”