personal construction robots lost, even after 30 minutes

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
wheezil
Inserter
Inserter

personal construction robots lost, even after 30 minutes

Post by wheezil »

I've become rather used to my personal construction robots getting "lost" and running out of power. Until they return, I cannot do construction from my personal roboport. Eventually they come limping home, or I look around on radar and sweep them up.

However, now I have a game where they seem to have gone off to a permanent limbo. I've blanketed the map with radar and cannot find them. I've sat in one spot for 30 minutes waiting for them to come limping home, but they don't arrive. I tried destroying my roboport and making a new one. The land-based bots and roboports all work just fine. My power armor is has a personal roboport mk2, fusion, batteries, solar. It is topped up and nothing is wrong. My inventory showing 17 construction bots. How can I figure out what happened? Can I "reset" my personal roboport or abandon the lost bots so that new ones will function?

I am probably missing something obvious and stupid, but I'll be darned if I can figure out what it is.

All of my other games are just fine. I attached this one in case someone can analyze it.

Thanks
john
Attachments
1.0.5.zip
(8.04 MiB) Downloaded 71 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: personal construction robots lost, even after 30 minutes

Post by Loewchen »

There are no lost bots of yours.

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

If you press f4 you can enable the “view personal robots” setting. It draws a line from you to the robots assigned to you.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Usually, you can remove armor or personal roboport to reset it. The homeless bots will then fly to the nearest regular roboport. You also need to top up the bots in inventory.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

wheezil wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:19 pm
I am probably missing something obvious and stupid, but I'll be darned if I can figure out what it is.
Try turning on your roboport. The "toggle personal roboport" quickbar button that controls it is set to disabled (shortcut Alt+R by default).

wheezil
Inserter
Inserter

Post by wheezil »

OK, I'll upgrade "probably missing something obvious" to "I am a total idiot" ;-)
Wow, thanks for the great replies! I'd never noticed the "toggle personal roboport" setting and must have turned it off by mistake.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

wheezil wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:22 pm
OK, I'll upgrade "probably missing something obvious" to "I am a total idiot" ;-)
Wow, thanks for the great replies! I'd never noticed the "toggle personal roboport" setting and must have turned it off by mistake.
You're welcome. Most of us have done something equally stupid at one time or another.

You now owe me two hours of therapy for making me contemplate your spaghetti.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:36 pm
You now owe me two hours of therapy for making me contemplate your spaghetti.
Never forget: spaghetti is the solution to all problems. Especially if that problem is "hunger".

Return to “Gameplay Help”