Wake base on flamethrower turret

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
adam_bise
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Wake base on flamethrower turret

Post by adam_bise »

I have a base which goes to sleep when it is not used. Sometimes biters attack after this happens.

I set up a circuit to activate a power switch when a flamethrower uses oil. Then a timer to make it last more than a couple ticks.

I think I've over complicated the thing. Anyone feel like taking a look at it?
WOF.png
WOF.png (947.81 KiB) Viewed 1603 times

I tested by removing and replacing the pipes of oil to simulate flamethrower use while power is off

adam_bise
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Wake base on flamethrower turret

Post by adam_bise »

Blueprint attaches a copper wire between the 2 medium poles which needs to be removed.

Also forgot to connect lamp to adjacent combinator and set it to enable with M>0 and use color.

Also, the tank needs to have oil and power needs to be on momentarily so O signal can be updated to match oil signal.

disentius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by disentius »

Hm... something like this?

Power from below, oil refill from above.
The first combinator detects the oil level falling, second combinator inverses the signal. also a belt timer (i use them a lot) :)

detecting oil level falling with timer.png
detecting oil level falling with timer.png (1.67 MiB) Viewed 1495 times

adam_bise
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by adam_bise »

Oh sorry. Forgot to mention, the entire base is isolated. When it goes to sleep, all power is cut off. So, the only signals that can wake it up are ones that do not require power to update, such as from a train stop, belt, or tank.

Which is why I read oil from tank to signal O which doesn't update when not powered. So when Oil goes down the 2 differ and that particular power switch is set to enable on oil<O

disentius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by disentius »

Not entirely sure what you mean, but you could power this with a solar panel and a battery to be always on.

Return to “Gameplay Help”