Include a Night Cycle only gamemode for patch v1.1

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

AustraliumEngineer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Include a Night Cycle only gamemode for patch v1.1

Post by AustraliumEngineer »

TL;DR
Adding a night time only in the gamemode list.
What ?
To enjoy the new lights (forever), I wish to suggest an idea. A gamemode that will force you to play in the dark. This is actually a cool idea if you think about it. You can't use solar panels since the star exploded, it's harder to see, so it's more difficult to destroy nests or killing biters/spitters, and it's fun!

Your light is the only source to salvation.
Why ?
For the people who are night owls and for masochists who wishes to make the game hardcore, or want to become a Navy Seals wannabe wearing a set of night goggles, this gamemode can be a fun feature for everybody; new, average or veterans alike!
Also, it's a nice night light for the people who are too scared of the dark. Sleep tight.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Include a Night Cycle only gamemode for patch v1.1

Post by ssilk »

See viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30240 I want to make suggestions, but I got links to mods!! :(
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

AustraliumEngineer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

ssilk wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:54 am
See viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30240 I want to make suggestions, but I got links to mods!! :(
It's ridiculous to propose to strangers to install malicious software that is potentially dangerous to their computer.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

AustraliumEngineer wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:59 am
ssilk wrote:
It's ridiculous to propose to strangers to install malicious software that is potentially dangerous to their computer.
Could you develop, please ? or are you just trolling ?
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

AustraliumEngineer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Koub wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:15 am
Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:59 am
ssilk wrote:
Could you develop, please ? or are you just trolling ?
No? Is it extremely difficult to develop a night cycle for vanilla in a infinite loop? Aren't there developers in Factorio who has spare time to implement it in their video game? It's a bit rude for a moderator to use a form of microaggression to aggrevate me who also tend to conclude on biased assumptions. If this is the professionalism I am dealing with, I wish not to be part of it.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:21 am
If this is the professionalism I am dealing with, I wish not to be part of it.
Understandable, have a nice day.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Calm down!

0. The idea itself is ok. I like it.

1. Mods aren’t dangerous in any way. They are capsuled safely in the game engine. The LUA functionality is stripped down, potentially dangerous operations are not implemented. They cannot break out of that sandbox.

2. We’ve just pointed out, that there are already mods for that purpose. Not only for you but for other players that had the same idea or for the hundreds of players that read this board regularly- you are not alone here. And when you think a bit longer: since 1.0 we had gone by August, September, October, November. In the very, very best case we need to wait only some weeks for 1.2. So long you need to wait for the implementation into vanilla. Or use simply a mod. Your decision.

And at the same time I doubt it will be implemented within the next year, because there are so many other ideas. And because there are working mods.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”