Express Splitter / Underground belt crafting

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Harry_Haviland
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Express Splitter / Underground belt crafting

Post by Harry_Haviland »

Hello! My name is Harry and I have a question conserning some crafts. Can someone, please, explain me, why I can't create an Express Underground belt and Express Splitter even if I already have an Express Transport belt in my pocket? I'm asking because I understand that Express Transport belt needs a liquid in it's craft, so I it can't be crafted just by hands, but if I already have it, doesn't that mean that i can create things that require this Express Transport belt without putting the components to Assembling machine?

Kahnugo
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Express Splitter / Underground belt crafting

Post by Kahnugo »

You can't for the same reason you can't craft the express belt, the underground and the splitter also require lubricant.

Harry_Haviland
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Harry_Haviland »

Kahnugo wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:12 am
You can't for the same reason you can't craft the express belt, the underground and the splitter also require lubricant.
Well, technically, it is not required directly in the recipe. Even total raw doesn't require lubricant. It's just need an express belt. That's why I consider that there is have to be an opportunity to craft underground and splitter by hands if you have the express belt in required count in your pocket. IMHO, ofcourse... (Sorry if I have made some grammar mistakes, I'm Ukrainian and I haven't used the translator ^-^).Image

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

EDIT: I am not able to view image you posted ("raptor not found." when I try to open the page), and based on Zavian's post you are using a mod that changes the recipe, so feel free to ignore my post.

Original: Express underground belt and express splitter does require lubricant.
2020-11-15 112244.png
2020-11-15 112244.png (147.16 KiB) Viewed 1553 times

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

Some recipes can't be hand crafted. (eg engine units). That is probably a deliberate games design choice to force the player to automate some things. Even if you have a mod that removes the lubricant from the express underground and splitter recipes, that doesn't mean that they don't require an assembler for manufacture. (Indeed your image just above Posila's post shows that the recipe can't be hand-crafted).

Harry_Haviland
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Harry_Haviland »

posila wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:25 am
Express underground belt and express splitter does require lubricant.

2020-11-15 112244.png
Oh, indeed... So, i have this nonsensical recipe just because of the installed modifications. Well, thanks for explanation, I understood that my question was ridiculously)
I'm really glad that your answers wasn't toxic in spite of folly of my question)

Harry_Haviland
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Harry_Haviland »

Zavian wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:43 am
Some recipes can't be hand crafted. (eg engine units). That is probably a deliberate games design choice to force the player to automate some things. Even if you have a mod that removes the lubricant from the express underground and splitter recipes, that doesn't mean that they don't require an assembler for manufacture. (Indeed your image just above Posila's post shows that the recipe can't be hand-crafted).
Yes, ofcourse, I understand that it's not a randomness. I just lost sight of fact that i have installed mods that changes some recipes among other things. :D

Return to “Gameplay Help”