Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: pY Petroleum Handling

Post by Airat9000 »

pyanodon wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:39 pm
RSO isnt our mod.
I used to generate genetics, but now I don't want to.

torment
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by torment »

pyanodon wrote:
RSO isnt our mod.
even without RSO, tar and oil patches are not generated

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

torment wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:31 am
pyanodon wrote:
RSO isnt our mod.
even without RSO, tar and oil patches are not generated
yes? thats intentional.

AndrewSkier
Inserter
Inserter

Post by AndrewSkier »

Haven't play py in few months and started new game and don't see tar and oil either. Is that by design now?
Also, only see very small quartz patch around me and explored a bit and don't see more quartz, is that also by design?

Is there a good changelog/faq with recent changes over the last 2 or 3 months?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

AndrewSkier wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:50 am
Haven't play py in few months and started new game and don't see tar and oil either. Is that by design now?
yes. you should have bitumen seeps on the map.
Also, only see very small quartz patch around me and explored a bit and don't see more quartz, is that also by design?
no thats not by design it should be more or less equal with the rest
Is there a good changelog/faq with recent changes over the last 2 or 3 months?
all the mods changelogs are up to date with major changes. i dont remember off the top of my head exactly what all was changed it the last 3 months vs since the release of pyalienlife.

AndrewSkier
Inserter
Inserter

Post by AndrewSkier »

Restarted new map and got bigger quartz ores after changing settings.

For bitumen seeps, are they supposed to be limited in size? I have 6 of those nodes with each showing amount of of ~1000-1200 (all my ores in that vicinity are in 50-60M) and I had settings for bitumen seeps fairly rich.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

AndrewSkier wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:23 am
Restarted new map and got bigger quartz ores after changing settings.

For bitumen seeps, are they supposed to be limited in size? I have 6 of those nodes with each showing amount of of ~1000-1200 (all my ores in that vicinity are in 50-60M) and I had settings for bitumen seeps fairly rich.
yes what you see is the starter waste and not the actual oil output.

DmitryGromov
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DmitryGromov »

There is still no bitumen seep on my map. There have already been three updates, but the situation has not changed. I opened the map through the console and nothing. There is only a message in the console:
34565677.jpg
34565677.jpg (10.24 KiB) Viewed 6760 times

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

DmitryGromov wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:20 am
There is still no bitumen seep on my map. There have already been three updates, but the situation has not changed. I opened the map through the console and nothing. There is only a message in the console: 34565677.jpg
They only show up in New chuck's

DmitryGromov
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DmitryGromov »

kingarthur wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:24 am
Well, I am using this command https://wiki.factorio.com/Console#Revea ... the_player standing somewhere around map edges to reveal new chunks that had not previously generated (completely black). I believe that should generate new chunks as if I was walking towards them.

I get new resource patches, but no bitumen seep (even after a lot of retries with 3k radius reveals in different map places).
Also occasionally I get console errors "Resource access failed for oil-mk01" and similar one for "... tar-patch".

I am playing with RSO enabled, if that matters.

Is there something I am missing? Thank you for your patience :)

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

DmitryGromov wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:39 am
kingarthur wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:24 am
Well, I am using this command https://wiki.factorio.com/Console#Revea ... the_player standing somewhere around map edges to reveal new chunks that had not previously generated (completely black). I believe that should generate new chunks as if I was walking towards them.

I get new resource patches, but no bitumen seep (even after a lot of retries with 3k radius reveals in different map places).
Also occasionally I get console errors "Resource access failed for oil-mk01" and similar one for "... tar-patch".

I am playing with RSO enabled, if that matters.

Is there something I am missing? Thank you for your patience :)
Ya using rso makes a massive difference as rso handles all resource spawning. Make sure your on version 6.1.4 as its the update with bitumen seeps and try finding them again.

If your still not getting any then let the rso author know as theres an issue on their end.

aedrafire
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by aedrafire »

I am having an issue where bitumen seeps generate but show 'fluid-name.drilling-waste' and do not (appear to) generate anything. gave it power, gave it drilling fluid, waited and nothing is coming out of it. pipes won't even connect to the output. what is happening? am i missing something?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

aedrafire wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:46 pm
I am having an issue where bitumen seeps generate but show 'fluid-name.drilling-waste' and do not (appear to) generate anything. gave it power, gave it drilling fluid, waited and nothing is coming out of it. pipes won't even connect to the output. what is happening? am i missing something?
how long did you wait. it should stop showing the dirt icon and show oil when its switched. it can take good bit.

aedrafire
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by aedrafire »

kingarthur wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:00 am
aedrafire wrote:
how long did you wait. it should stop showing the dirt icon and show oil when its switched. it can take good bit.
half an hour UPDATE now 3 hours, solidly nothing

Siorai
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Siorai »

aedrafire wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:33 am
kingarthur wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:00 am
aedrafire wrote:
half an hour UPDATE now 3 hours, solidly nothing
Yeah, same here. Exact same.

Edit: Nope nevermind, it worked once it sat for a bit.

Cornbread
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Cornbread »

I'm running into an issue with infinite oil and tar. It's not actually infinite for me. I've got the setting for finite fluids set to false in the startup settings, but my oil wells and tar patches are still running dry. Poking around in the mod's files, it looks like oil patches and tar are all set to infinite = false, which is the same thing turning on the setting does. Effectively, it seems there's no way to make them infinite.
Last edited by Cornbread on Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

yeah..they arent infinite. use pumpjacks to provide them.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

aberro
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by aberro »

This error appears a few seconds after loading, when bitumen seep is depleted.
Upd.: If I understand correctly, global.oil_derricks is an empty table for whatever reason (I currently have only one derrick on map. I've used one before and it converted to an oil patch successfully, then I removed it and placed it at another bitumen seep).

Upd2: I've been able to fix if after I've replaced derrick, though, I'm not sure what exactly did help. But I have a guess what went wrong in the first place: I've removed derrick and then placed it again with Ctrl+Z and Ghost Placer mod, maybe that's the cause.
Attachments
1.png
1.png (2.34 MiB) Viewed 5960 times

donoya
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by donoya »

Hello. I'm trying to play with momo's pyanodon tweak on Factorio version 1 due to msp not being updated to 1.1, but it says there's not a compatible version on the mod portal. Can someone provide a working version for the previous major version of Factorio? Thanks.

Return to “PyMods”