Character has been reset

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Bloomy4217
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Character has been reset

Post by Bloomy4217 »

In a world I and my significant other have been working on for a while my character reset. I loaded up it told me the objective, my character was green (instead of yellow) and I had the starting resources. I am the host of the world. I initially thought that it was due to linking my account to steam as the game told me to do so when joining someones world even though it hasn't needed it before, but logging out this still happens. For some reason when I load the game up in single player I have my stuff as usual. I would like to know if there is a way to fix this, thanks.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Character has been reset

Post by boskid »

Most likely this is something really simple like you were using other player name before. Easiest option is to open console, type

Code: Select all

/players
to find what player names were used in that save file. If you find your old player name, you do

Code: Select all

/swap-players <your-old-player-name>
and you will be put back into control of the character you had before.

Bloomy4217
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Bloomy4217 »

Thank you for the help. It did consider me as a new player because of the account setup thing and didn't change back after logging out. The command worked and got me back into my old character.

Chaos_Actual
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Chaos_Actual »

I have the same issue EXCEPT one massive problem. My initial character name had a space in the name. The game refuses to realize that "Chaos Actual" was a valid name after making me use "Chaos_Actual".

The aforementioned console command does not work:

/players brings up the list, showing my original name of "Chaos Actual"

/swap-players <Chaos Actual> ends up with two separate commands resulting in: "Player Actual does not exist" followed by "Player Chaos does not exist".

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Chaos_Actual wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:47 am
I have the same issue EXCEPT one massive problem. My initial character name had a space in the name. The game refuses to realize that "Chaos Actual" was a valid name after making me use "Chaos_Actual".

The aforementioned console command does not work:

/players brings up the list, showing my original name of "Chaos Actual"

/swap-players <Chaos Actual> ends up with two separate commands resulting in: "Player Actual does not exist" followed by "Player Chaos does not exist".
So, first, leave out the <> symbols.
Second, because there's a space, wrap your name in quotes.
See if that makes a difference.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Return to “Technical Help”