New Hotkeys

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

mysticdreamer76
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

New Hotkeys

Post by mysticdreamer76 »

I'd like new hotkeys to make different multiples of items. Right click currently makes 5. Shift-RClick could make 25, alt-RClick - 50 control-RCLICK 100

What ?
Adding the hotkeys listed in the summary above.

Why ?
It makes it easier to create a proper amount of things when you don't want 1, 5, or max available. It also ques differently when you que for 25 things at once, vs 5 things 5 times. For example, if something takes 4 gears and and 2 iron plates and you que 5, without the gears in your inventory, you get 20 gears first, then whatever you were making. Repeat this for each additional 5 items. If you que 25 items at once, you would get 100 gears, then 100 of whatever you were making.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: New Hotkeys

Post by valneq »

Other people made similar suggestions previously.
Just some examples
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=88778
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=77976
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=68980

mysticdreamer76
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mysticdreamer76 »

AHhh i tried searching control, alt, shift - didn't think of "handcrafting" as a keyword in my search. Thanks.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Don't expect changes on handcrafting though. The devs have already stated that handcrafting should not be encouraged by making it more convenient than it is. It's the only option available at the beginning to teach/remind that it should be avoided whenever possible. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, it's just the way the game is designed.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Furthermore, I highly recommend trying to go for the achievement "Lazy bastard". It explicitly forbids handcrafting beyond the absolute minimum. Very illuminating to do that once. It changes your perception of why handcrafting is in this game.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Koub wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:13 pm
Don't expect changes on handcrafting though. The devs have already stated that handcrafting should not be encouraged by making it more convenient than it is. It's the only option available at the beginning to teach/remind that it should be avoided whenever possible. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, it's just the way the game is designed.
The Design of the game rather says, dont handcraft intermediates but end products are fine. F.e. Assembler machines. Just have a Buffer of iron, gears, greens, reds, steel, engines, etc and handcrafting is very efficient. Not on very big scale though

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

moved to won’t implement, sorry.
One of those that I’m sure they will not come, Deadlock. ;)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”