Why dont trains never use my second stop?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
dimex
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Why dont trains never use my second stop?

Post by dimex »

I have setup some stations called copper load and some named copper unload
trains.png
trains.png (1.94 MiB) Viewed 2121 times
In this picture i have 2 copper load stations, 1 and 2, but named the same "copper load"
the trains will never go to station 2 even when there is trains standing still at the buffer section in the top.
Could someone tell my why? and what to do to have the trains use both stations?
trains 2.png
trains 2.png (2.59 MiB) Viewed 2121 times
On this second picture, i wonder why there is light in the train stop signal at the buttom and not on the top one.
Could someone please explain me that? maybe that is the reason why the trains will not go to both stops.

SoShootMe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Why dont trains never use my second stop?

Post by SoShootMe »

dimex wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:57 pm
On this second picture, i wonder why there is light in the train stop signal at the buttom and not on the top one.
Could someone please explain me that? maybe that is the reason why the trains will not go to both stops.
Train stop indicators

However I can't immediately see what the issue is. Best to post a save (or at least blueprint) if you can't work it out.

astroshak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by astroshak »

I’m going to guess that your Stop 2 is slightly misaligned, and was put at the bend in the track. Try shifting it back a hair if you can.

SoShootMe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SoShootMe »

astroshak wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:19 pm
I’m going to guess that your Stop 2 is slightly misaligned, and was put at the bend in the track. Try shifting it back a hair if you can.
Looks to me like that's it (top OK, bottom - which looks like dimex's screenshot - invalid):
trainstop.PNG
trainstop.PNG (159.42 KiB) Viewed 2089 times

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

Yup, it looks like train stop is too far.

Related: 88421, 86616

Amarula
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Amarula »

A train stop must be placed on straight track, not curved - the game won't let you place it on a curved rail. But you can pick up the straight rail and replace it with a curved one, leaving the stop in an invalid state shown with no lights.

You can confirm if this is your problem by removing and (trying to) replace the train stop in its current location.

As you expand your rail system you may find it helpful to know (I learned this the hard way ;) ) that you can unload cargo wagons on curves and diagonal sections of track, but fluid wagons only connect to pumps from straight tracks (and max 3 pumps per fluid wagon).
My own personal Factorio super-power - running out of power.

dimex
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dimex »

Thank you all for your help
it was the eksakt problem, i had copy pasted the top station from the bottom one and then adjusted the rails afterwards. that way the trains would not accept the station.
i have now put in 1 extra strait rail after the stop and it is working.
Thanks.

Return to “Gameplay Help”