Lube-Only-Production

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Lube-Only-Production

Post by jodokus31 »

foamy wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:14 am
Single-product refineries are significantly easier to balance out than multi-product ones, and easier to tile, generally.
:cry: and boring and wasteful.

foamy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foamy »

jodokus31 wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:54 pm
foamy wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:14 am
Single-product refineries are significantly easier to balance out than multi-product ones, and easier to tile, generally.
:cry: and boring and wasteful.
Not wasteful, especially. There's a little bit of overhead for rocket fuel, since some of the solid fuel is coming from petroleum gas instead of pure light oil, but it's not really a major deal. Lubricant's worse, so I usually cheat by stapling a miniaturized version of my RF plant to it, which has the extra advantage of adding more beacons in to consume the RF, if needed. And of course there's no waste at all in a single-product petroleum gas plant.

They also tend to have advantages in simpler and shorter piping layouts.

As to boring, well, that's a matter of taste. I enjoy engineering things to be as simple and reliable as possible. Boring in operation is a thing to strive for :p

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

foamy wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:15 pm
And of course there's no waste at all in a single-product petroleum gas plant.
There's a Chance i didnt get it, but petroleum from advanced oil plus cracking yields more per crude oil than Basic oil. That's what i call wasteful for Basic oil. On the other Hand it needs more space and pipes.
And you waste potential lubricant production as side product. Lubricant from coal is of course a good and stable alternative
As to boring, well, that's a matter of taste. I enjoy engineering things to be as simple and reliable as possible. Boring in operation is a thing to strive for :p
Np. I'm just sad that the oil change from fff305 persisted.

foamy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foamy »

jodokus31 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:59 am
foamy wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:15 pm
And of course there's no waste at all in a single-product petroleum gas plant.
There's a Chance i didnt get it, but petroleum from advanced oil plus cracking yields more per crude oil than Basic oil. That's what i call wasteful for Basic oil. On the other Hand it needs more space and pipes.
And you waste potential lubricant production as side product. Lubricant from coal is of course a good and stable alternative
Np. I'm just sad that the oil change from fff305 persisted.
Who said anything about basic oil? When I say single-product refinery, I mean an entire complex that outputs one thing, not simply the actual oil refinery itself. I'll grab some pictures, if you'd like.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

foamy wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:50 am

Who said anything about basic oil? When I say single-product refinery, I mean an entire complex that outputs one thing, not simply the actual oil refinery itself. I'll grab some pictures, if you'd like.
Ok. I assumed that single-product refinery equals basic oil. But now i got it. Multiproduct chains are always a bit problematic if you need to rely on the side products.

Return to “Show your Creations”