Sprite instead of Animation in boiler prototype description

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Sprite instead of Animation in boiler prototype description

Post by Pi-C »

Just noticed that according to the Wiki, boiler.structure is a table of sprites while the game says it's a table of animations:
Wiki
Wiki
boiler_wiki.png (31.16 KiB) Viewed 1731 times
Game prototype browser
Game prototype browser
boiler.png (39.81 KiB) Viewed 1731 times
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Sprite instead of Animation in boiler prototype description

Post by Bilka »

Thanks, fixed.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

Bilka wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:07 am
Thanks, fixed.
Thank you. Something similar:

The description of the fire prototype lists "created_effect" among the properties inherited from Prototype/Entity. But when I follow the trail via the link in the description to the Trigger page, I only find "Prototype/FireFlame : on_damage_tick_effect" and "Prototype/FireFlame : on_fuel_added_action" listed under "Prototype properties that use this type".

This time, I really hope the wiki is wrong (on the Trigger page) because I need fire.created_effect to create my dummy entities … :-D
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

created_effect is inherited from EntityPrototype so it can be found as Prototype/Entity::created_effect in "Prototype properties that use this type" on the Trigger page.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

Thanks for the info. But I must admit that understanding the chain of inheritances sometimes isn't easy … :-)

Return to “Resolved Requests”