Barrels and loading of liquid (gas)

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

-scv-
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Barrels and loading of liquid (gas)

Post by -scv- »

whether it is possible to realize pumping (pumping out) of liquids automatically (by choosing a specific liquid).
inside the building, make a choice between loading or unloading barrels (as with a train: what kind of liquid is there and is filled) in fact, other liquid will not go through the pipes.
Purpose: to simplify the search for the desired fluid (when there are +50)
or give an explanation why this is impossible.

Оригинал
можно ли реализовать, закачивание (выкачивание) жидкостей автоматически (быз выбора конкретной жидкости).
внутри здания сделать выбор между загрузкой или выгрузкой бочек (как с поездом: какая жидкость есть такая и заливается). по сути другая жидкость по трубам не пойдет.
Цель: упразнить поиск нужной жидкости (когда их +50)
либо дать пояснение почему это невозможно.

PaqpuK
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Barrels and loading of liquid (gas)

Post by PaqpuK »

So, you want loading or unloading barrels be universal for any liquid, so potentially you have a setup like this work:

Code: Select all

------>|Pump1|>---------
^ Oil                   |
                         -------->|ClearPump|>>|Assembler|-> Oil or Petroleum barrel
                        |	                 ^Universal fill barrel recipe
------>|Pump2|>---------
^ Petroleum
So you could turn on Pump 1 and then your output would be Oil barrels or Pump 2 to get Petroleum barrels as output, right? Supposedly there would be a 'ClearPump', that would suck out any liquid before the assembler, so it would free up the pipes and allow another liquid flow through the same pipes.

In that case, the main problem would be the fact, that filling a barrel requires a specific amount of liquid, meaning that you somehow would have to pump the precise amount of liquid through Pump 1 or 2, so that 'ClearPump' could clear the pipes for the next liquid to be loaded in the assembler. Because if any amount of liquid 1 is left in the assembler or the pipes, than liquid 2 cannot flow through it. I don't see any way to solve this problem.

Can you describe the problem you are having and why do you need such a system in the first place? Maybe there is a simpler solution to this.

Unloading tho should be possible, but I still fail to see the use case for it.

-scv-
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by -scv- »

absolutely wrong
I play in Russian. I need to pack water. I type: water (rus) 4 options, I type: water (eng) 1 option. :!:
I switch the game to English. I start looking for water. and I get the result: 11 options. :D
4+1 (rus) = 11(eng) ?? :?:

I have to search manually for an option among 200-300 liquids. And not to find, do you think this is normal?
Attachments
3.png
3.png (110.69 KiB) Viewed 1170 times
2.png
2.png (75.01 KiB) Viewed 1170 times
1.png
1.png (89.8 KiB) Viewed 1170 times

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

It’s perhaps a problem with the installed mods. Some are translated, some are not. Looks like. Or some items have in English “water” in their name (or item name), and in Russia not.

You can unzip the installed mod in the mods folder and look into the translation files to compare the different translations ...

Should I move this to gameplay help board? You can tell us also, which mod(s) introduce this barrels.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”