[1.0.0] Corrupt save: Energy source error, most probable cause is the double entity problem.

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
krudler
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.0.0] Corrupt save: Energy source error, most probable cause is the double entity problem.

Post by krudler »

My Saved game and autosaves fail to load. No mods except for at one point was using Max Rate Calculator (but not currently).

Stack trace logging done
33.614 Error ElectricEnergySourcePrototype.cpp:72: Energy source error, most probable cause is the double entity problem.
Logger::writeStacktrace skipped.
33.614 Error Util.cpp:97: Unexpected error occurred. If you're running the latest version of the game you can help us solve the problem by posting the contents of the log file on the Factorio forums.
Please also include the save file(s), any mods you may be using, and any steps you know of to reproduce the crash.
49.937 Uploading log file
49.944 Error CrashHandler.cpp:258: Heap validation: success.
49.945 Creating crash dump.
50.167 CrashDump success
Attachments
Train.zip
(25.83 MiB) Downloaded 62 times
factorio-dump-current.dmp
(737.86 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
factorio-current.log
(7.49 KiB) Downloaded 82 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.0.0] Corrupt save: Energy source error, most probable cause is the double entity problem.

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. I can see that the save files are corrupt but do you have any way to get a known working save into this broken state? Without that there's nothing I can do except speculate as to what might have broken them. In every other case i've seen in the last 1-2 years it has been hardware issues/memory corruption on peoples computers.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

krudler
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.0.0] Corrupt save: Energy source error, most probable cause is the double entity problem.

Post by krudler »

Unfortunately I have no reproducer and no backup. All the autosaves are corrupt as well. I don't have any known system instability issues that leads me to believe there is a hardware problem, but who knows. This save is also 90-some hours of game time without other issues?

Is there no way to put the save in a workable state?

Return to “Pending”