Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by valneq »

I don't see any cooling towers in your screenshots. From what you have shown, the pipes are just full of used coolant.

jindale
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jindale »

valneq wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:57 pm
I don't see any cooling towers in your screenshots. From what you have shown, the pipes are just full of used coolant.
I play with Factorissimo2, cooling towers in next building bottom right on screenshot. Pipes are empty, game detect used coolant in pipe system but this is coolant in casting machine. In screenshot You can see that pipes haven't icons with used coolant. Also, I check this bug in single casting machine, so no mixed liquids issues.

UPD: Direct connected pump can eject used coolant, but problem still exist.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

jindale wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:11 pm
valneq wrote:
I play with Factorissimo2, cooling towers in next building bottom right on screenshot. Pipes are empty, game detect used coolant in pipe system but this is coolant in casting machine. In screenshot You can see that pipes haven't icons with used coolant. Also, I check this bug in single casting machine, so no mixed liquids issues.

Can you provide yourselves file so we can look into it please?

FritzHugo3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FritzHugo3 »

Hey guys, dont know its planed so or not.

The "Flüssiggas from angel are a different as the "Flüssiggas" from other mod.
But the convertvent make not from the one "Flüssiggas" and make the other "Flüssiggas" it make it from methan.
(Maybe Flüssiggas named liquid gas in english?, dont know).

Is it easy for me to chance the converter that makes me Flüssiggas in other Flüssiggas and not from methan or is it to complicate?

Its for the tansport drone mod. Maybe its easer to chance this Fuil at this mod? i dont realy no.

Edit: have can chance the input for transport drones to liquid-ngl

Question, is the convert reciep with methan normal or should be ngl convert to other ngl - dont know. bye and have a nice day ;-).

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

FritzHugo3 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:22 pm
Hey guys, dont know its planed so or not.

The "Flüssiggas from angel are a different as the "Flüssiggas" from other mod.
But the convertvent make not from the one "Flüssiggas" and make the other "Flüssiggas" it make it from methan.
(Maybe Flüssiggas named liquid gas in english?, dont know).

Is it easy for me to chance the converter that makes me Flüssiggas in other Flüssiggas and not from methan or is it to complicate?

Its for the tansport drone mod. Maybe its easer to chance this Fuil at this mod? i dont realy no.
I am not sure I understand your problem. Would you mind uploading a savefile so we can take a look?

[edit:]
Oh I think I understand the issue. It is a problem with the German translation. What was called "Flüssiggas" in Angel's Locale Translations was "Natural gas liquids" English. However, the "Flüssiggas" in vanilla (stuff that Transport drones uses as fuel) is "Petroleum gas". Those are two different liquids and should be translated differently. Angel's mods (and bob's mods too?) change petroleum gas to be "methane" instead, changing a lot of recipes about how to get it etc.

In principle, no combination of mods should have two different liquids being called "Flüssiggas". In order to avoid third party mods to keep petroleum gas as "Flüssiggas" and thus cause future confusion, I have changed the German translation for "Natural gas liquids" now to be the technically more correct "Erdgaskondensat" and released a new version of Angel's Addons - Locale Translations. Hope this untangles your confusion. You can PM me in German if you need additional help ;-)

jindale
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jindale »

kingarthur wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:39 pm
jindale wrote:
valneq wrote:

https://wdfiles.ru/b0p3

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

jindale wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:02 am
kingarthur wrote:
jindale wrote:
valneq wrote:

I can confirm that the used coolant does not leave the casting machine when I sync mods to your save.
However, when I remove all mods except Angel's + Bob's, it works just fine:
20201015130607_1.jpg
20201015130607_1.jpg (1.32 MiB) Viewed 4317 times
This is a clear indication that some other mod is messing around with the casting machine. Since your save starts out with waaaay too many mods, can you please take the time to troubleshoot this a bit further? Try to deactivate mods in groups from your save that you believe should not do anything about this issue – until you have a minimal set of mods that reproduces the issue. This way you should be able to identify which mod is causing the problem.

Indigo Blue
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Indigo Blue »

Just highlighting this. The first screen shot occurs running updated factorio and all bob's, angel's generally minus the listed beta angel's.

The second screen shot is the rollback to 7.8 which also occurs with 7.6/7.3 rollbacks.
Attachments
error recent2.jpg
error recent2.jpg (82.85 KiB) Viewed 4287 times
error recent.jpg
error recent.jpg (170.19 KiB) Viewed 4287 times

jindale
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jindale »

valneq wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:11 pm
jindale wrote:
kingarthur wrote:
jindale wrote:
valneq wrote:

I can confirm that the used coolant does not leave the casting machine when I sync mods to your save.
However, when I remove all mods except Angel's + Bob's, it works just fine:
20201015130607_1.jpg

This is a clear indication that some other mod is messing around with the casting machine. Since your save starts out with waaaay too many mods, can you please take the time to troubleshoot this a bit further? Try to deactivate mods in groups from your save that you believe should not do anything about this issue – until you have a minimal set of mods that reproduces the issue. This way you should be able to identify which mod is causing the problem.
ShinyIcons, ShinyAngelGFX messing with casting machine. I deactivete them and this fix problem. Thank You.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Indigo Blue wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:53 am
Just highlighting this. The first screen shot occurs running updated factorio and all bob's, angel's generally minus the listed beta angel's.

The second screen shot is the rollback to 7.8 which also occurs with 7.6/7.3 rollbacks.
The most recent version of Angel's Bioprocessing is 0.7.14, but the two error messages you posted refer to versions 0.7.11 and 0.7.8. Can you please check if you have updated all mods?

Indigo Blue
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Indigo Blue »

Sure thing that corrected it. I thought i'd fully updated but guess not!

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

jindale wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:04 am
ShinyIcons, ShinyAngelGFX messing with casting machine. I deactivete them and this fix problem. Thank You.
Now that you mentioned it, I found that this was reported to the ShinyAngelGFX devs already five months ago:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ShinyAnge ... 000c3794fd

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

jindale wrote:
-snip-
I made a fix for this (since it will indirectly effect my reskin mod if players choose to use ShinyAngelGFX with it).

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ShinyAnge ... hine-patch

destroyerangel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Strange Factorissimo 2 Interaction (angel's smelting)

Post by destroyerangel »

Hello,

I have noticed that when Factorissimo 2 is installed, concrete bricks and reinforced concrete bricks place landfill instead of their normal concrete grid tiles. (Strangely, the landfill can only be placed on land, and not water.) The bricks still work as crafting ingredients though. Does anyone know what exactly is going on?

Thanks,
Dante
concreteLandfill.png
concreteLandfill.png (40.44 KiB) Viewed 4199 times

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Strange Factorissimo 2 Interaction (angel's smelting)

Post by valneq »

destroyerangel wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:53 pm
Hello,

I have noticed that when Factorissimo 2 is installed, concrete bricks and reinforced concrete bricks place landfill instead of their normal concrete grid tiles. (Strangely, the landfill can only be placed on land, and not water.) The bricks still work as crafting ingredients though. Does anyone know what exactly is going on?

Thanks,
Dante
concreteLandfill.png
You say this happens only with Factorissimo2 installed. I am guessing that therefore the Angel's devs can likely not do anything about that. Maybe report it to Factorissimo2's devs?

FritzHugo3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FritzHugo3 »

valneq wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:00 pm
[edit:]
Oh I think I understand the issue. It is a problem with the German translation. What was called "Flüssiggas" in Angel's Locale Translations was "Natural gas liquids" English. However, the "Flüssiggas" in vanilla (stuff that Transport drones uses as fuel) is "Petroleum gas". Those are two different liquids and should be translated differently.
I have changed the German translation for "Natural gas liquids" now to be the technically more correct "Erdgaskondensat" and released a new version of Angel's Addons - Locale Translations. Hope this untangles your confusion. You can PM me in German if you need additional help ;-)
Ahhh ok, this make sense. Thank you, yes i was little bit confused ;-).
Danke dir (Thank you)

Buutvrij
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Buutvrij »

Hi,

I'm doing an Angelbob run, and now I'm finding out the Kovarex enrichment process is not added as a recipe when the research is completed.

I started a new game to verify, and again (while now unresearched), the research item does not have any effects listed.
When I disable Angel's Petrochem mod and start a new game, the effects are back where I expected them to be.

is this a bug, or is it a featue?

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Buutvrij wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:55 am
Hi,

I'm doing an Angelbob run, and now I'm finding out the Kovarex enrichment process is not added as a recipe when the research is completed.

I started a new game to verify, and again (while now unresearched), the research item does not have any effects listed.
When I disable Angel's Petrochem mod and start a new game, the effects are back where I expected them to be.

is this a bug, or is it a featue?
This is a feature. The recipe was removed for an Angel's playthrough, instead you have other processes you can make use of. The Bobingabout process comes to mind. The only reason the technology still exists is for mod compatibility. Other mods plainly expect the Kovarex technology to exist and have dependencies on it.

fatallight
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by fatallight »

I have a pretty simple question. I just unlocked Red science analyzer but I can't find any way to actually research with it. My only research options require a Red science analyzer and a Basic datacore. But my only research buildings available are Basic Lab and Tech Archive 1 and 2. None of those accept both a red science analyzer and a basic datacore. So I seem to be stuck...

Skovsende
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Skovsende »

Hmm I have at strang bug with Angel's Smelting:

I can't research Cement Processing 1 (https://ibb.co/BjJWzk0) the research button is grayed out stating "Some prerequisite technologies are not researched" - but that tech don't have any prerequisite.

Any ideas? :)

Return to “Angels Mods”