Keys temporarily exhausted error

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
chrisorr26
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Keys temporarily exhausted error

Post by chrisorr26 »

Hi, I just purchased the game from the factorio website but when I try to get my code, it tells me keys are exhausted. I see others have posted here about the same issue before and it was resolved quickly and I am hoping for the same resolution. It's not a very good feeling when you pay for a product only to find out seconds later you can't actually get what you paid for. Please let me know what to do next or who to contact for a refund. Thanks

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Keys temporarily exhausted error

Post by Jap2.0 »

You'll probably get a response here pretty quick; you could also email support@factorio.com.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

chrisorr26
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by chrisorr26 »

My problem is that I only have a very limited amount of time to access a fast internet connection before I'm limited to >5mbps download speed (often much slower), so if it doesn't get resolved quickly it's going to severely impact how long I'll have to wait to play. Kind of crappy to pay for a product and THEN be told it's not available to actually get. Why couldn't it tell the user ahead of time?

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Then email them, ask on Discord, or wait. Granted, that doesn't change that It's a Saturday night and 1am where most of the team is.

Failure state should be the exception, not the norm.

Edit: actually, yeah, listen to Eradicator, not me.
Last edited by Jap2.0 on Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Do you mean the steam keys? You should be able to download the standalone (non-steam) version from the website regardless of steam-link status.

https://factorio.com/download
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

chrisorr26
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by chrisorr26 »

Not the steam key.

I cant "upgrade" my account in factorio.com to access downloads because I bought a key to upgrade it, but when I go to retrieve said key, it tells me basically they're out of stock

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

That is...weird and sadly only solvable by official support.

But given the tiny size of factorio you would be able to download it in about 3 hours even at 1 megabit/s.

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=1 ... egabit%2Fs
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

jrxp2010
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jrxp2010 »

I am having the same issue. Just bought the game and was ready to play... I wish I would have went through steam instead, what a pain.

Theikkru
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Theikkru »

For the record, I've seen many more complaints about Steam than standalone due to their version control system, and you'd have to deal with the Factorio website backend anyways in order to get your accounts all linked up, so I'd advise getting whatever key weirdness hashed out with the devs directly and skip potential additional complications.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Sorry guys, normally we get a notification when we are below a certain number of keys, normally about 500 keys left, and then again when they are completely exhausted
However for some reason, I didn't receive any notifications from Humble this time, and only found out about the problem this morning.

I have topped up the keys, everyone should be able to redeem their upgrade code now,
And I will email humble asking why there were no notifications for the stock running low

Return to “Technical Help”