[1.0.0] "Failed to create a texture" error

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
GigglingNerd
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.0.0] "Failed to create a texture" error

Post by GigglingNerd »

I am thoroughly confused right now. The game loads to 40%, and then an error window pops up saying "Failed to create a texture". Once I hit OK, it closes. Also, I get logged out of Steam for some reason. The reason I say I'm confused is because I have seen other people saying this is related to running out of memory. But this makes no sense to me as I consistently have around 7 GB of free space available prior to launching the game and it has worked just fine in the past, even with the current version.

I'm starting to suspect I have a deeper issue that is not specific to Factorio because I have been getting strange "Out of Memory" errors with Minecraft as well, and Firefox has been crashing randomly as well. This all started occuring Wednesday afternoon. What I find particularly strange in the case of Minecraft is that it started with the modpacks I was playing; vanilla worked fine for about a day and then just today, it started crashing with the same problems. All of this is leading me to suspect a hardware issue, but I'm no expert.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Anyway, here's the logs for Factorio:
https://pastebin.com/3Np9dM31
https://pastebin.com/ZWegrZwW

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.0.0] "Failed to create a texture" error

Post by Bilka »

From the logs: page: 46370/49134 MB,

According to Windows, a nearly full page file means you're running out of memory. Try restarting your PC.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

GigglingNerd
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GigglingNerd »

Okay. That worked. Thank you. Now I just have to figure out why all that other crap is happening.

Infinite wind
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Infinite wind »

hello. I also have a problem: "failed to create a texture". I just want to find out what it might be related to.
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(10.44 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
factorio-current.log
(4.74 KiB) Downloaded 49 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Infinite wind wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:50 am
hello. I also have a problem: "failed to create a texture". I just want to find out what it might be related to.
As already said, you are running out of memory. Try updating your OS.

Return to “Technical Help”