Add # of trains to the new Train Station GUI

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

sorahn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Add # of trains to the new Train Station GUI

Post by sorahn »

With the new station GUI coming in 1.1, it would be a nice QoL if the station could display the number of Trains it has going to it up in the top area somewhere. Once you get past a few rows of trains, it becomes harder to count as you scroll. This number would be a quick way for you to see if you have the right number of stackers/depo-slots to trains.

I wouldn't presume to suggest how easy or hard something is, but the station already shows a widget for each train, so the number should be nearby somewhere.

And similarly, if the all trains GUI (top right button) could also show the total count of trains. Purely for a 'wow this is using a lot of trains' factor. I've seen a number of megabase video tours that say 'yeah we're using over X trains' but it'd be great to just open that GUI and say "yup, this base is using 2000 trains"

Thanks.

Edited to add the image.
Last edited by sorahn on Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Add # of trains to the new Train Station GUI

Post by Impatient »

I support this. Having the number displayed would remove the necessity to count the rows.

Why do I have so many trains going to one station and why do I need to know the exact number? Imagine a megabase with turnaround sites for some of the item types. For one turnaround site, there can be 10 stations with the same name and 30, 40, 50 trains going to that station name. And I need to know the exact number, so I know with every new train, that the stacker is large enough.

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

Yes! Please add it devs!
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

picklock
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by picklock »

I think this is a good idea, too. Please devs add it to the GUI.
My Mods: Picklocks Fusion Power | Picklocks Inserter | Picklocks Lithium Polymer Accumulator | Picklocks rocket silo stats | Picklocks Set Inventory Filters

sorahn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sorahn »

Yay! This got added! <3 <3

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”