A deathworld competition

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Gamatron332
Inserter
Inserter

A deathworld competition

Post by Gamatron332 »

Hi! I’m new to factorio and the forums but I still want others to see this! So recently me and 3 friends got into the factorio game and decided to do a little challenge. The idea is we’re tryin to finish faster than the other team. We’re going to be playing the same deathworld map with no guides no bps from outside except one mall blueprint from kos and balancers. All players of the team must be playing while the map is running. There are only teams of 2. We’re not allowed to talk about what we’re doing. And finally. We MUST complete the 111 craft achievement to qualify to win. Yeah it’s hard...

Anyhow I was wondering what the communities thoughts are on the map and play style? And if anyone else wants to see if they can beat us. (Probs will because we’ve all had the game about a month).

Any and all feed back is appreciated! I will post regularly to update the progress of my team. :)

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: A deathworld competition

Post by Zavian »

Personally I wouldn't require completing the 111 craft achievement as part of the challenge. It is far too easy to accidentally craft something, and endup in a position where you can no longer complete the achievement. Now that is fine if you are doing a run just for the achievement, since you can always restart or reload, but that is no fun in a multiplayer challenge.

Gamatron332
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Gamatron332 »

Zavian wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:25 pm
Personally I wouldn't require completing the 111 craft achievement as part of the challenge. It is far too easy to accidentally craft something, and endup in a position where you can no longer complete the achievement. Now that is fine if you are doing a run just for the achievement, since you can always restart or reload, but that is no fun in a multiplayer challenge.
Well we allready started the competition and everything... tbh it was mainly for a sloooowww start to a deathworld. Me and my teammate have been doing fine so far we have 108 crafts and are automating red science. Hopefully it doesn’t bite us in the butt later by accidentally crafting a random item...

Gamatron332
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Gamatron332 »

Here is a before and after pic of today’s play period :) we hope the other team is having as hard a time as us....
Attachments
73095151-B0AA-4981-9689-5F0E9E970C84.jpeg
73095151-B0AA-4981-9689-5F0E9E970C84.jpeg (463.71 KiB) Viewed 1508 times
D1B44550-4E6F-4E50-BC4A-BC513B822DA9.jpeg
D1B44550-4E6F-4E50-BC4A-BC513B822DA9.jpeg (393.75 KiB) Viewed 1508 times

Gamatron332
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Gamatron332 »

Couple of days since I posted. Went through a real tight spot and barely made it through. The evo got really high all of the sudden and we had only the starting resources. Anyhow we made it and got some oil along the way :) chugging along nicely with some iron from a “nearby” cluster of resources. Made some plans as to the future size of the base. Currently we don’t have the portable military power Necessary to obtain said land but slowly we’re trying to get oil processing up.

The first thing on the agenda of yet is to create a mall. We decided as a group that blueprints would be banned so designing a mall is a must. Especially since we’re striving for the 111 achievement at the same time.

Forgot to upload the screenshots to my phone where I’m writing so I’ll put them up later.

Return to “General discussion”