Insterter speed loading from belt

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Hedning1390
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Insterter speed loading from belt

Post by Hedning1390 »

Hello, I'm returning from 0.15-0.16 and it seems loading from sideways undergrounds are now really bad, so what is the fastest way to supply the inserter?

I tried some different setups and here are the results for the fastest 6 I tried:
It seems right lane fed underground exit < far inside curve < close lane < far lane < splitter

I have tested feeding the underground from above in addition to the side. I also tested the underground entry instead of exit. Some other curves as well. Neither were faster. I have not tested the mirror versions of these, eg if right lane is still faster going up rather than down. Perhaps the rule is right side rather than right lane?

Now I have done my best alone, so I'm ready to be told the answer: What is the fastest way and for the more common cases what are the rules? In any case the splitter seems unbeatable, is it?

Edit: I clocked the splitter inserter at 1169 items/min. Hopefully this is correct.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Insterter speed loading from belt

Post by DaveMcW »

There are many answers, depending on your specific problem.

For example, my favorite problem is maximizing UPS with belt to assembling machine. The answer there is underground exit, side load, near side only.

Hedning1390
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hedning1390 »

DaveMcW wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:43 pm
There are many answers, depending on your specific problem.

For example, my favorite problem is maximizing UPS with belt to assembling machine. The answer there is underground exit, side load, near side only.
Thanks for the answer. The question was about speed, but ups may become important too. My old bases are broken so I can't test, but I have a stronger computer now so I think it should not need that level of optimization. The ups friendly one you are talking about is the bottom middle one in the picture, the one loading greens?

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

The green circuit belt is close, but needs to be rotated counterclockwise.

Return to “Gameplay Help”