Science Per Minute

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Deltaglaze
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Science Per Minute

Post by Deltaglaze »

Hey folks. Been playing for just over a month now (right after 1.0 launched) and loving the game. Played through the tutorial and now working on Freeplay mode. Vanilla, no mods, still gathering achievements as I progress through. Getting challenging, but that's the fun of it. Restarted my factory about 4 times now to "optimize" things I've learned along the way.

Now for the question: I've seen people talk about gauging the game as "science per minute" as a way to rate their builds. Does this mean making a certain number of a certain color of science flasks per minute, or a cumulation of all of them, or something else? I'm at the point where I can make red, green, grey, and blue flasks but don't always use all the colors when researching various technologies. Where would I find this "science per minute" stat in the game? Just curious, as I'd like to know how well my factory is running as I'm building it.

Thanks for any input. In the meantime, I need to go make more iron plates as I never seem to have enough!

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Science Per Minute

Post by Loewchen »

It is generally understood as a late game benchmark when only infinite research is left and describes the production capacity per science pack type. You can open the production UI with the P-key.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

All of them, including space science, sometimes (often?) excepting military science. You can see your production statistics by pressing "P" (I think that's the hotkey), or I believe there's a button to open it below the minimap somewhere as well.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

1000 SPM = 1000 * 7 colors of packs = 7000
1000 SPM = 1000 * 6 colors of packs = 6000 if you exclude military

Military is not required for civilian infinite technologies like mining productivity.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Deltaglaze
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Deltaglaze »

Thanks for the quick replies. I can see the production values by hitting the P button, so now I know where to find this stat. Looks like I have a ways to go before I have to worry about this benchmark. Many more techs to research in the tree. Got a feeling I'll be putting many more hours into this game, so something to look forward to.

JimBarracus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JimBarracus »

eradicator wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:14 am
1000 SPM = 1000 * 7 colors of packs = 7000
1000 SPM = 1000 * 6 colors of packs = 6000 if you exclude military

Military is not required for civilian infinite technologies like mining productivity.
mining productivity is the most usefull one, when aiming for infinte research.
Everything else hits a usefull limit much earier.
Jap2.0 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:03 am
All of them, including space science, sometimes (often?) excepting military science. You can see your production statistics by pressing "P" (I think that's the hotkey), or I believe there's a button to open it below the minimap somewhere as well.
robot follower count is often used as a bechnmark research because it is the only infinite tech, that uses all types of science.

Return to “General discussion”