Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

jgilmore42
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by jgilmore42 »

I'm new to the mods. And I just spent SEVERAL HOURS of my time figuring out WHICH FUCKING MOD WAS DISABLING ENEMIES.

And it's angels refining.

I would have disabled it if it was something minor, but it's a very major part of the modded gameplay, and I really quite enjoyed the extra complexity! So I came here to report the bug and hopefully get it fixed so my second play-through would actually have enemies.

Only to discover that it's not a bug, it's a feature!

Now, I can understand that this mod set is practically impossible with standard enemy bases, pollution, etc. settings. And I'm actually kind of glad that my first play through didn't have standard settings. But this really, really, really, needs better in-game documentation, or better default settings, or something. Seriously, "set "angels enemy multiplier to greater than 100%, or no enemies will be generated" is rather counter-intuitive.

Given that it took me 200 hours of play time to get almost all research done, compared to ~50 for a base run (taking plenty of time) it's likely that values of 1/4 the base game may be appropriate. i.e. 10 for time factor, 2 for pollution factor, and the "angels enemy multiplier" set to what is now 150%, which seems to give about 1/4 the base games density of enemy bases. Or maybe something even lower for the enemy base density would be appropriate?

May I suggest that future versions of this mod have those defaults?

I would also like to know what the rational is for adding an additional toggle to the base enemy frequency/size configuration. What exactly does this setting add? What's the reason behind adding another setting instead of adjusting the effect of the default settings? I.E. wouldn't it make more sense to adjust the effect of the vanilla "enemy bases" setting so that 100% size/frequency was a reasonable default (say, 1/4 the size/frequency) for angels?

I would also like to suggest that it would have been much easier to find this information if the enemy settings were in a separate mod. "angels enemy settings" or something. Or even had a reference to that in the base mod's description "adds ore refining to the game. Compound ores have to be refined before you are able to smelt and cast them into plates. Works best in conjunction with Angels Industries and/or Bobmods and supports additional mods like Youki Industries, Uranium Power and Nucular" doesn't say ANYTHING to indicate that it also, by default, and unless you know which settings to tweak, completely removes enemy bases.

That's a pretty major effect on gameplay to not even be mentioned in the mod description!

(Rant now finished, I'd like to thank you for this set of mods. The additional difficulty and complexity was JUST what I needed to freshen what had become rather stale gameplay. Kudos! Good job!)

DarkyPupu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DarkyPupu »

BA-game :
When constructing a burner mining drill, it costs
2 stone furnaces
6 mechanical parts
6 construction frames

When i take it back, i have only half of those in inventory.

All other buildings seems to work ok (100% back)
Building cost x10, expensive recipes, if that matters.

No significant other mods i think.

nOObe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nOObe »

Angel's Petro Chemical Processing
I think the check valve does not check.

Using seablock, so perhaps thats a thing.
but the "Non Return valve" from Angels refining does work.

Thank you for your mods

FritzHugo3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FritzHugo3 »

lovely_santa wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:42 am
FritzHugo3 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:36 pm
I've tried hard to make it fair and comparable. I think the recipe that you can craft a real coal ore from two tree trunks is too cheap or can get complete out maybe? Maybe its not from your mod im not realy shure. (I have tested with cheap beginer things, not the highend tiers stuff)
This is a recent introduction of bobs mods, it has been placed on our todo list. We're unsure if we want to make it require more wood, or just disable it at once.
The wood are not the problem, that you can make coalore from wood are the think for me ;-).
But anyway.

Rocketkart95
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Rocketkart95 »

Untitled1.png
Untitled1.png (1.41 MiB) Viewed 6220 times
Hello all! Upon researching the geode refinement process I found research hierarchy appears to be missing something. On one line is Geode Processing 1 and Slag Processing 1 which I've completed, but the next line down (Geode Processing 2) is locked out. There is no technology shown between the two yet it says prerequisites have not been met. I've scoured the internet with no success as it seems no one else has this issue. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing it? I run a ton of mods so my first instinct was to disable all but Angel's mods and the issue persists. Any help is greatly appreciated!

https://imgur.com/YTHH14N

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

This looks like the migration issue that was reported previously in this post:
viewtopic.php?p=508112#p508112

"Geode processing 2" should depend on "Washing 2". Does the latter technology exist in your save? If so, research it. If not, then you have a migration issue.

@Rocketkart95
Can you please check if this is still the case when you start a new map?
In any case, can you please upload the save where it is broken, so a dev can take another look at the migration?

Rocketkart95
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Rocketkart95 »

valneq wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:50 am

"Geode processing 2" should depend on "Washing 2". Does the latter technology exist in your save? If so, research it. If not, then you have a migration issue.

@Rocketkart95
In any case, can you please upload the save where it is broken, so a dev can take another look at the migration?
Loading a new save does show "Washing 2" between the two but no matter what I do I can't get it on the old save. I attached the save
Attachments
ChallengeBelt.zip
(8 MiB) Downloaded 107 times

mgla
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mgla »

Hi,

not 100% sure if this is a bug with Angel's mods. But:

Description: Concrete bricks and reinforced concrete bricks do not overlay leftovers from biter bases, as opposed to vanillar concrete and stones.

Steps to reproduce:
  • Destroy some biter bases. They will leave some ugly residue
  • Produce some reinforced concrete bricks or concrete bricks (not the vanilla concrete)
  • Try to cover the residue with the bricks produced in the last step.
Expected behavior:

The concrete bricks and reinforced concrete bricks should cover the residue, just as the normal bricks and concrete from vanilla Factorio.

Actual behavior:

The residue is not covered at all by the new materials.

Additional Notes:

* I have most of Bob's mods installed, including Bob's enemies. So the problem could be there as well.
* I have attached a screenshot for clarification
* I also feel that the bricks to not cover up greenery and shrubs up as much as normal concrete and bricks. However I habe not fully tested this.

Picture:
Attachments
bricks.png
bricks.png (1.61 MiB) Viewed 6188 times

RoronoaDroagon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by RoronoaDroagon »

Hello @Arch666Angel
To start of the Reply:
Love the mods and your work, have been a user of it for many years and hopefully many more to come.
That being said i think i have found a timing issue with the Tlotation cell and atleast one of the recipe's where the recipe time is set to be 2 seconds but with a stop watch and a avarage stop time of about 2.6 seconds on the recipe: Saphirite hydro-refining, with all first tier building and no modules.
After several stopwatch tryes, about 10 or so, i hit as said 2.6 seconds + - 0,06 in a differance betvine em.

Reason for all of this is:
I set up a refinery and i'm going over times, consumption and production results and for some reason this one is the only anomaly among the refining line setup.
I thought first it was just me missing something basic but after using a stop watch and after several goes as mentioned i found it a bit weird to be hiting 0,6 over the set time for the recipe.
I don't know if that is for just this one recipe or if it's like this for all the recipes in this building, but thought i should just mention this/inform about it.

Keep up the great work.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

RoronoaDroagon wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:36 pm
[…] Tlotation cell and atleast one of the recipe's where the recipe time is set to be 2 seconds but with a stop watch and a avarage stop time of about 2.6 seconds on the recipe: Saphirite hydro-refining, with all first tier building and no modules.
[…]
Sorry to say, but you did miss something obvious: The crafting speed of the flotation cell. The first tier of flotation cell has a crafting speed of 0.75. Therefore, the real time to complete the recipe "Saphirite hydro-refining" is in fact 2s÷0.75=2s×4/3=2.6666666s, which is in agreement with your measurements.
Keep in mind: the crafting speed is the main difference between the different tiers of flotation cells. If you want one cell to take exactly 2s to complete the hydro-refining recipe, you should try using the flotation cell tier 2, which has indeed a crafting speed of 1.0.

Once we are at it: please keep in mind that hardly any of the machines introduced by Angel's Refining have a crafting speed of 1.0, especially not on tier 1. The first electric ore crusher has a crafting speed of 1.5 while the corresponding ore sorting facility has a crafting speed of 0.75, which is half as fast. If you don't account for that, you will be building production lines far off the ideal ratio.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Rocketkart95 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:37 am
valneq wrote:

@Rocketkart95
Loading a new save does show "Washing 2" between the two but no matter what I do I can't get it on the old save. I attached the save
There is definitely a bug here. I will report this to the Angel's mods github.

[edit] I just saw that it was fixed, but not released yet. It will be fixed in the next release:
https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/co ... 3e310fc5d0

[edit2] From what I understand, the washing technologies and recipes are not supposed to appear when you play with Angel's Refining but without Angel's Smelting – which is the case in your save. But for some reason, the code did not correctly adjust all the technologies that normally depend on the washing techs.

Which leaves me surprised why you claim that
new save does show "Washing 2"
which I cannot reproduce with the mods and settings of your save.

Rocketkart95
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Rocketkart95 »

valneq wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:00 am
Rocketkart95 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:37 am
valneq wrote:

@Rocketkart95
There is definitely a bug here. I will report this to the Angel's mods github.

[edit] I just saw that it was fixed, but not released yet. It will be fixed in the next release:
https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/co ... 3e310fc5d0

[edit2] From what I understand, the washing technologies and recipes are not supposed to appear when you play with Angel's Refining but without Angel's Smelting – which is the case in your save. But for some reason, the code did not correctly adjust all the technologies that normally depend on the washing techs.

Which leaves me surprised why you claim that
new save does show "Washing 2"
which I cannot reproduce with the mods and settings of your save.
Thank you for researching this! after disabling the mods I manually enabled them (before I found the mod sync to save option) I had thought Angel's Smelting was enabled in the previous save but it doesn't appear to be. After quitting the new game I found the sync to save option which would explain why it didn't show up for you. I opened the old save with Angel's Smelting enabled just for curiosity and wasn't there on the old but was on a new save. These mods have been incredible to use and I appreciate the quick response and resolution. Thank you!!

Kople101366
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

missing recipe

Post by Kople101366 »

a recipe is missing but visible here is a screenshot https://photos.app.goo.gl/gaR1Juuye4QyddxZ9

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: missing recipe

Post by valneq »

Kople101366 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:06 am
a recipe is missing but visible here is a screenshot https://photos.app.goo.gl/gaR1Juuye4QyddxZ9
From what I understand, the coal liquefaction recipe you use in helmod is from vanilla and disabled in your game, as it is supposed to be. You can only see it if you use the "show disable" filter and it is even shown with a red background indicating that it is disabled.

Angel's Petrochem adds alternative recipes for coal liquefaction that are better suited for Angel's mods: coal gasification, Bergius process, and Fischer–Tropsch process. If you want to use coal as the starting point for petrochemistry, you should be using one of those recipes.

boro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by boro »

I'm on my first playthrough of angel/bob mods and I'm trying to get to the third armor so I can finally clear out some enemy bases hopefully and get myself to some new resources cause I'm quickly running out.

Anyway, I need cobalt ore for that and I can't quite figure out how to get it. I spend some of my last resources on tier 2 ore sorting hoping I could get it that way but it doesn't seem to be the case. I haven't found any cobalt ore field neither.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

boro wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:03 pm
I'm on my first playthrough of angel/bob mods and I'm trying to get to the third armor so I can finally clear out some enemy bases hopefully and get myself to some new resources cause I'm quickly running out.

Anyway, I need cobalt ore for that and I can't quite figure out how to get it. I spend some of my last resources on tier 2 ore sorting hoping I could get it that way but it doesn't seem to be the case. I haven't found any cobalt ore field neither.
In Bobs-Angels, there are several ways to get cobalt ore:
Sorting bobmonium or stiratite chunks gives you small amounts. A better way is to use crystals for pure sorting, but needs more research and infrastructure
I think, you can also do Mineral Sludge crystallization

Best way to check are mods like FNEI to search for recipes and items

boro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by boro »

jodokus31 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:21 pm
boro wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:03 pm

In Bobs-Angels, there are several ways to get cobalt ore:
Sorting bobmonium or stiratite chunks gives you small amounts. A better way is to use crystals for pure sorting, but needs more research and infrastructure
I think, you can also do Mineral Sludge crystallization

Best way to check are mods like FNEI to search for recipes and items
I figure I'm going to need hydo refining, but I'm still a couple of researches away from that. Guess I have some tough fights ahead of me to get enough resources. I really hope this doesn't involve anything to do with oil, even though I do need to research oil processing to get to hydro refining.

jindale
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jindale »

Used Coolant don't flow from Casting Machine in any motor casting recipies.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

jindale wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:57 pm
The recipes for to make Motor casing 1 from Molten iron and Reusable mold takes fresh coolant, not used coolant. You need to cool the used coolant down in a cooling tower and filter it to make it re-usable again. However the last step is lossy, so you will need to re-supply the entire metal casting with fresh coolant.

If you think you have a different issue, we would need more concrete information: screenshots or a savefile.

jindale
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jindale »

valneq wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:20 pm
jindale wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:57 pm
The recipes for to make Motor casing 1 from Molten iron and Reusable mold takes fresh coolant, not used coolant. You need to cool the used coolant down in a cooling tower and filter it to make it re-usable again. However the last step is lossy, so you will need to re-supply the entire metal casting with fresh coolant.

If you think you have a different issue, we would need more concrete information: screenshots or a savefile.
I have no problem with fresh coolant, used coolant don't leave casting machine. I can see it in pipes, but used coolant don't flow to the cooling tower.

https://ibb.co/x14JDXX
https://ibb.co/8gC3xzG

Return to “Angels Mods”