Topics and discussion about specific mods
myricaulus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] Alien Biomes

Post by myricaulus »

BHakluyt wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:33 pm
Yeah, I can confirm the above. I get trees between two transport belts sometimes...
Just to clarify: In my case the building(pipe) cannot be placed and the tree still isnt marked for deconstruction, due to different hit-boxes of unconnected and connected pipes. It can get rather tedious realizing that half of your refineries arent working due to a missing pipe behind some tree.

bNarFProfCrazy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bNarFProfCrazy »

Here is the German (de) translation for alien-biomes_0.4.16

Feel free to include it in the mod. If you need translation updates feel free to contact/ping me.
Attachments
strings.cfg
German (de) translation
(7.76 KiB) Downloaded 122 times

Amber2144
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Amber2144 »

Hello

I had my hard drive go out on me w days a go and when I put factorio back in my computer and redownloaded alian Biomes and the and on, I started to play and when in got to the point that I need wood there was none on the map I was playing in the Dyworld Mod

Usul
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Usul »

Hi!

Is there a simple way to disable certain types of trees, for example all purple and blue trees?

Usul
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Usul »

I noticed that with this mod, doodads/decorations such as bushed are *not* removed when placing stone brick over them. It looks like they are growing through the stone brick. In vanilla all doodads disappear "under" the concrete.

Is this a bug?

leoch
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by leoch »

This mod won't load under the latest version of Factorio:

Code: Select all

Failed to load mods: Error in assignID: tile with name 'dirt-1' does not exist.
(Confirmed it's caused by this mod.)

I'm surprised it hasn't already been reported because this is a great mod.

P.S. I have no intention of joining Earendel's Discord just to report a bug; maybe someone else can if he doesn't read this.

Usul
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Usul »

With today's 18.27 release, I am unable to startup Factorio with this mod:
Clipboard 1.jpg
Clipboard 1.jpg (29.87 KiB) Viewed 6023 times

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Usul wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 5:38 pm
With today's 18.27 release, I am unable to startup Factorio with this mod:
Alien Biomes had an update about an hour ago, mentioning adjustments to 0.18.27.

Usul
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Usul »

Confirmed that it's fixed, thank you very much!

jgilmore42
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jgilmore42 »

"Failed to load mods: Closing file __alien-biomes__/graphics/decorative/rock/base/sand-decal/hr-sand-decal-19.png failed (-105): __alien-biomes__/graphics/decorative/rock/base/sand-decal/hr-sand-decal-19.png

Mods to be disabled:
* Alien-biomes (0.5.8)"

Help? This is really odd, as I played in THIS MORNING, and nothing updated that I was able to find. Certainly there's no new version of factorio & this mod hasn't updated in awhile.

This happens even if alien-biomes is the ONLY mod enabled. Not even the high-res textures are required to make it bork.

I would really rather not have all my trees deleted! They're the main absorber of pollution!

jgilmore42
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jgilmore42 »

Yeah, that file has a CRC error.

I extracted the zip file and tried to load that PNG. Failed with "Fatal Error reading PNG image file: IDAT: CRC error"

NOTE: The zip file extracted fine, which means that this corruption is probably in the distributed file, NOT a bad download. Otherwise the zip file should have failed to extract, as it has a CRC on each file too.

Anyway, I'm gonna try copying hr-sand-decal-18 onto 19, rezipping and going.

Failure! "Given sprite rectangle is outside the actual sprite size." Apparently 999x374 != 187x289

Gosh darn it! Now I have to fire up an image program and scale the damned thing.... Hey, there's a low-res version that I can scale up? Nice, I'll do that. It'll be a little blurry, but one blurry texture is a small price to pay for playing TODAY instead of tomorrow.

And hey, there's a command line for that:

rm hr-sand-decal-19.png
convert sand-decal-19.png -geometry 999x374 hr-sand-decal-19.png

And zip it up again... Waiting... SUCESS!

I wonder why it didn't fail before? I'd guess that it failed because such hadn't been generated in my world, BUT THIS IS AN ERROR AT GAME STARTUP. WTF? I'm still clueless as to why this is suddenly a problem. But I managed to fix it for me.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

I just tried it out: I don't have any startup errors with alien biomes, neither alone nor with the high res versions. Neither do I have any issues accessing that png image. My image viewer EOG (linux machine here) just displayed it nicely. Maybe it's a weird fluke? Maybe try to remove the mod and download it again?

Usul
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Usul »

I had a issue with this mod. Wanted to make a new long-term factory with nice looking terrain. I spent a lot of time finding the perfect combination of Biomes to activate/disable to my taste (did not want most purple/blue stuff, more earthy tundra colors). Later the mod settings had reset to default (all Biomes activated) without me noticing for a long time. I dont know when or what caused this (perhaps updates to mod or game). Meanwhile I had played my save withouth noticing that the mod settings went back to default. This caused new chunks to be generated with Biomes that I had previously disabled and that did not align well with the other chunks. There started to be ugly straigth lines between two different biomes instead of irregular natural looking transistion. Sadly I was not able to reload to a previous save before those new chunks with unwanted Biomes had been generated in hopes of reverting my mod settings ot the Biomes-combination I had originally chosen (had written down a note of the chosen biomes). I was playing too long not noticing that the mod settings went back to default, without exploring undiscovered areas. Only when I next had need to for outposts I noticed the bug and it was too late. Having beautiful terrain for my Langfristfabrik was important to me, but those straight lines were impossible to fix. Even tried rescuing the save file with Regenerate Terrain Mod, but that made things worse, it changed all terrain, removed doodads and blacked out my exploration progress. So I decided to removed the mod entirely and restart a new long term factory with vanilla terrain.

jchardin64
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jchardin64 »

Hi, I really like the look of some of the new biomes, but for some reason every time I generate a world it's always purple/blue? I've done about a hundred new maps with all terrain types enabled and never spawned on any other biome.

I don't want to disable the purple/blue ones completely, I'm just wondering why there's no variety in my spawn. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I have no idea what I did, but it's working this morning. Maybe the update fixed it or something.

i_i
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Total Number of Sprites used? in number of tiles used as a count?

Post by i_i »

Earendel wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:10 am
Title: Alien Biomes
Short Description: A collection of additional biomes: Snow, Red Desert, Tundra, Savanna, Scarlet Grassland, Brown Cracked Earth, Frozen Desert, Blue Grasslands / Marsh, Purple Grassland, Golden Grassland... 29 in total. Includes new tree and doodad variants. Most new textures are recolors.
Name: alien-biomes
Factorio Version: 0.14
Mod State: Beta
Dependencies: Base, Water Fix
Author: Earendel
Downloads: Mod Portal
If you need to regenerate terrain after changing your mod setup, use: Regenerate Terrain
How many Tiles in Total does your Mod have? i hear there's a Limit that the game has a cap which makes it difficult to pair it with other mods that has a large tile count

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Total Number of Sprites used? in number of tiles used as a count?

Post by FuryoftheStars »

i_i wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:52 am
Earendel wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:10 am
Title: Alien Biomes
Short Description: A collection of additional biomes: Snow, Red Desert, Tundra, Savanna, Scarlet Grassland, Brown Cracked Earth, Frozen Desert, Blue Grasslands / Marsh, Purple Grassland, Golden Grassland... 29 in total. Includes new tree and doodad variants. Most new textures are recolors.
Name: alien-biomes
Factorio Version: 0.14
Mod State: Beta
Dependencies: Base, Water Fix
Author: Earendel
Downloads: Mod Portal
If you need to regenerate terrain after changing your mod setup, use: Regenerate Terrain
How many Tiles in Total does your Mod have? i hear there's a Limit that the game has a cap which makes it difficult to pair it with other mods that has a large tile count
I don’t know how many it has, but it includes settings to enable/disable each tile set it adds, plus a setting to remove vanilla tiles that it no longer uses. I’ve had to take advantage of all of that cause I’m over the tile limit myself….
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Return to “Mods”