Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

UNIT
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by UNIT »

kingarthur wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:34 am
UNIT wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:07 am
so ive installed angels mods and ive got 60 hours in this save and i seem to have done all the research for the oils and gasses, but there is no way to make perchloric acid. ive got FNEI and it doesnt give me any recepes either.
i need it to make rocket boosters.
currently im making rocket boosters with ammonium nitrate, but on that production chain i am producing a lot of cellulose pulp, which i cannot use for anything.
its only used to make nilous paper and i have no idea what thats used for.
so im stuck here constantly having to destroy my storage chests because all of the cellulose pulp keeps clogging up my rocket booster production.
am i missing some mod that allows me to make perchloric acid? and if so, which one?
can you send in a save to sync mods and settings. looking at the code there should be a recipe for it.
heres a link
https://we.tl/t-TA7U1O7yn0

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

UNIT wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:07 am
so ive installed angels mods and ive got 60 hours in this save and i seem to have done all the research for the oils and gasses, but there is no way to make perchloric acid. ive got FNEI and it doesnt give me any recepes either.
i need it to make rocket boosters.
currently im making rocket boosters with ammonium nitrate, but on that production chain i am producing a lot of cellulose pulp, which i cannot use for anything.
its only used to make nilous paper and i have no idea what thats used for.
so im stuck here constantly having to destroy my storage chests because all of the cellulose pulp keeps clogging up my rocket booster production.
am i missing some mod that allows me to make perchloric acid? and if so, which one?
ok ive found and fix the issue for the next update

ztn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ztn »

when i try to play my several month old game i receive this error after update everything

i see that people already report this bug viewtopic.php?p=506707#p506707

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

ztn wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:21 am
when i try to play my several month old game i receive this error after update everything

the bug you link looks like a different error.

can you provide the save you got that error with?

ztn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ztn »

Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:33 am

save file -
ba2_3enemyagain.zip
(19.34 MiB) Downloaded 100 times

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

mrvn wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:48 am
Sworn wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:46 pm
Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:09 am
pretty sure you have to change the mining results for that
Yah, do you have an example of it? I was trying to find it in the angels mods but I got real lost there
Add
log(serpent.block(data.raw.recipe["primitive-electric-furnace"]))
and you have the perfect example. Or check the wiki for the full specs: https://wiki.factorio.com/Prototype_definitions
I did the log thing, I got this at the current_log, which didn't help, or I can't find what I supposed to find.

Code: Select all

data-final-fixes.lua:19: {
  enabled = true,
  energy_required = 0.5,
  ingredients = {
    {
      "stone-furnace",
    },
    {
      "block-electronics-0",
    },
    {
      "iron-plate",
    }
  },
  name = "primitive-electric-furnace",
  result = "primitive-electric-furnace",
  type = "recipe"
}
I'm looking for mining result in the wiki but again, I don't know exactly what am I looking for here. I got the explanation about the minable property which I don't know where to put it.

I'm sure you notice that I'm not familiar with this, I did this by looking at other mods and trying to figure things, little googling helps, but in the angels mods are way more complex.

I'm sure that angels mods changes the mining event with some kind of function that loop over all items that has a component in its ingredients, or something close to it. But I'm not finding how I can override it, so it drops only the furnace or at least the correctly block.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:55 pm
mrvn wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:48 am
Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:46 pm
Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:09 am
pretty sure you have to change the mining results for that
Yah, do you have an example of it? I was trying to find it in the angels mods but I got real lost there
Add
log(serpent.block(data.raw.recipe["primitive-electric-furnace"]))
and you have the perfect example. Or check the wiki for the full specs: https://wiki.factorio.com/Prototype_definitions
I did the log thing, I got this at the current_log, which didn't help, or I can't find what I supposed to find.

data-final-fixes.lua:19: {
  enabled = true,
  energy_required = 0.5,
  ingredients = {
    {
      "stone-furnace",
    },
    {
      "block-electronics-0",
    },
    {
      "iron-plate",
    }
  },
  name = "primitive-electric-furnace",
  result = "primitive-electric-furnace",
  type = "recipe"
}
I'm looking for mining result in the wiki but again, I don't know exactly what am I looking for here. I got the explanation about the minable property which I don't know where to put it.

I'm sure you notice that I'm not familiar with this, I did this by looking at other mods and trying to figure things, little googling helps, but in the angels mods are way more complex.

I'm sure that angels mods changes the mining event with some kind of function that loop over all items that has a component in its ingredients, or something close to it. But I'm not finding how I can override it, so it drops only the furnace or at least the correctly block.
Its on the entity not the recipe. For example look at the crystalizer. https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/bl ... llizer.lua

Under the type =assembling-machine. Theres a minable property with a result property. You want to update that result property.

Be like data.raw.furnace['primitive-electric-furnace'].minable.results ={{whatever you want it to return here}, {item 2}}

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

Ohoo, thanks @mrvn and @kingarthur, now it's working!

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

FritzHugo3 wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:36 pm
I've tried hard to make it fair and comparable. I think the recipe that you can craft a real coal ore from two tree trunks is too cheap or can get complete out maybe? Maybe its not from your mod im not realy shure. (I have tested with cheap beginer things, not the highend tiers stuff)
This is a recent introduction of bobs mods, it has been placed on our todo list. We're unsure if we want to make it require more wood, or just disable it at once.
uzmn wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:18 pm
Hi everyone.
I've met possible bug.

I'm currently playing Sea Block with combination with Transport Drones mod (Angels Petrochem v. 9.13; Construction Drones v. 7.12)

So I'm trying to use cooling system for casting various metals. Delivering fresh coolant by TDrone a collect used one as well. And cool and clean used coolant in one central facility.
And here is the problem. For some reason the temperature of used coolant drops in the pipe connecting TDrones supply depot with first cooling tower (check the picture).
The system blocks and I have to manually drop the pipe content to restart the process. It happens in situations when the depot is empty and the cargo is on the way.
Is it possible I do something wrong? Or it's a bug?
Thanks a lot for any help. That's the tiny detail which make me uncomfortable, you know...
used_coolant.jpg
Someone posted this on github as well. The default temperature must always be the lowest temperature in factorio, so in angels we can't do anything about it, other than adding mod compatibility (which angels mods do not do), so you would have to make a request to transport drones to support a transport temperature of 300Β° instead of the default 25Β°.
mgla wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:57 pm
Hi,

I noticed that angels refining does disable some default map generation options, all of which are enabled by default.

map_settings.pollution.enabled = false
  map_settings.enemy_evolution.enabled = false
  map_settings.enemy_expansion.enabled = false
This does not seem intentional, and always happens if angelsexploration is not enabled. I believe it is a bug.
This is NOT a bug, recently we disabled biters by default, the map settings also has a setting so you can re-enable the biters.
mgla wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:52 pm
Okay. Maybe put a more prominent notice in the mod description. I believe the default behavior breaks the default behavior of other mods, like RSO. I have not fully tested it.

I spend a while to find out which mod was disabling the default settings, in order to decide if I can turn it back on without breaking things.
We do plan on adding some descriptive message at the start of a game, informing you of the settings you've chosen. I've made a note on our todo list.
nagua wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:05 pm
orzelek wrote: ↑
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:10 pm
Bug in the industry mod with blocks on:
Algae farm 2 has production block 3 in recipe, all other blocks are 1. Seems like misspelling somewhere since block 3 is orange tech.
I also have this problem and it seems that this really is an oversight.
This is indeed a bit odd, but the reason is that it's using a block that is not yet ingame, and then that is converted to production block 3 for now. When we introduce the new blocks, that should be resolved, so I am not gonna change this for now... You'll just have to stay a bit longer with your mk1...
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:10 am
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:33 am

save file - ba2_3enemyagain.zip
A report has been made on github. When I have my PC back I'll have a look at migration issues.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

DaemonEleuel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DaemonEleuel »

Ok, I tried all I could but at this point I have to ask
Alien plant life samples are my bane. I am playing a death rail world, it is pretty much impossible to get to a garden or tree safely enough to get them (the whole map is a nice bright red).
Is there a workaround for this situation? From what I've seen modules are locked behind the ability to farm (to get the crystals).
Am I missing anything obvious?

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

DaemonEleuel wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:51 am
Ok, I tried all I could but at this point I have to ask
Alien plant life samples are my bane. I am playing a death rail world, it is pretty much impossible to get to a garden or tree safely enough to get them (the whole map is a nice bright red).
Is there a workaround for this situation? From what I've seen modules are locked behind the ability to farm (to get the crystals).
Am I missing anything obvious?
Angel's is not balanced for deathworld. It never was, iirc. Angel's mods are not even really balanced for regular biter settings. Recent editions of Angel's Refining deactivate biters by default. And even if you re-activate them, the biter evolution settings were drastically tuned down, and the starting area drastically increased for the "Standard" preset. This is a stark contrast to the idea behind a deathworld.

Not sure how to make a proper deathworld with all of Angel's mods realistically feasible. Or why anyone would want to try.

Maybe you could get it to work it if you also load in lots of mods that make the game easier. I am not talking about simple QoL. I am talking "totally OP" easier. Then it might work out somehow. But even then not sure.

As a workaround, you can always deactivate Angel's Bioprocessing. Most production chains from Bioprocessing (algae, farming, fish) will typically require lots of space that you don't have in a deathworld anyways. Without Bioprocessing, modules don't require crystals – just gems.

[edit]: You could cheat some gardens and special trees into your inventory to kickstart Bioprocessing. But even then, I would expect that you run out of space before you actually get production chains from Bioprocessing going.

DaemonEleuel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DaemonEleuel »

I actually found a way, albeit it took a bit to pick up. Once you have some fish you can increase quantity and loop it back in. It is a bit slow but it works.
The main issue with the plant samples is that I just cannot find a way to get to the gardens/plants before the biters explode.
Regarding it not being balanced, I know, but I like the challenge

PanzerTanzer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by PanzerTanzer »

Seems that Angels Industries brakes the Deuterium Fuel Cell 2 of Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates. I get an not working Use Deuterium Fuel Cell that is diffrent then the one of the Deuterium Fuel Cell and cant be recyceled (no recipe to do so).

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

PanzerTanzer wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:19 pm
Seems that Angels Industries brakes the Deuterium Fuel Cell 2 of Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates. I get an not working Use Deuterium Fuel Cell that is diffrent then the one of the Deuterium Fuel Cell and cant be recyceled (no recipe to do so).
can you provide a save to sync with please

PanzerTanzer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by PanzerTanzer »

Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:40 am
The bugged version should sit in the red boxes west of the nuclear powerplant. The recycling is a bit more south. Both are on the east coast of the island. Could be a naming issue for the item.
https://www.file-upload.net/download-14 ... 0.zip.html

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:28 am
The bugged version should sit in the red boxes west of the nuclear powerplant. The recycling is a bit more south. Both are on the east coast of the island. Could be a naming issue for the item.
its not a just naming issue there a bit more to it and ill need to get with the rest of the team as i didnt do anything with the nuclear overhual so i dont know there exact plans. you have bobs deuterium fuel cell 2 and and angel doesnt have anything for fuel cell 2 they just replaced fuel cell 1. angels fuel cell 1 is made in a chem plant and not an assembler.

PanzerTanzer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by PanzerTanzer »

Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:55 pm
Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:28 am
its not a just naming issue there a bit more to it and ill need to get with the rest of the team as i didnt do anything with the nuclear overhual so i dont know there exact plans. you have bobs deuterium fuel cell 2 and and angel doesnt have anything for fuel cell 2 they just replaced fuel cell 1. angels fuel cell 1 is made in a chem plant and not an assembler.
Thx for searching the failure.

lorddaedra
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by lorddaedra »

First of all, thank you for your mods. Base game is good starting point but a little bit boring (IMHO) without Bob & Angel mods.

Bugs:
I would like to play with bobclasses, I selected Fighter class. And now I can't progress because of I have no Stone furnaces in my inventory to create Iron, I have no Iron plates in my inventory (but I can loot 8 Iron Plates in this location), and I can't create Iron plates myself. I need 3 x Construction block 1, I can create only 2 of them with 8 Iron plates... Please add 2 more Iron plates to Spaceship Wreck if bobclasses is installed and Fighter class is selected and Components overhaul settings is enabled.
Last edited by lorddaedra on Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

lorddaedra wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:09 am
First of all, thank you for your mods. Base game is good starting point but a little bit boring (IMHO) without Bob & Angel mods.

Bugs:
I would like to play with bobclasses, I selected Fighter class. And now I can't progress because of I have no Stone furnaces in my inventory to create Iron, I have no Iron plates in my inventory (but I can loot 8 Iron Plates in this location), and I can't create Iron plates myself. I need 3 x Construction block 1, I can create only 2 of them with 8 Iron plates... Please add 2 more Iron plates to Spaceship Wreck if bobplates is installed and Fighter class is selected and Components overhaul settings is enabled.
For the moment you will have to accept that the Components Overhaul is in beta and mod compatiblility was not the top priority.

However, I can confirm: the player is 2 iron plates short of progressing – if Components Overhaul is active and the Fighter class is selected. Presence or absence of bobplates appears to be irrelevant.

All other character classes are fine:
  • standard class starts with mining drill + furnace in inventory
  • miner class starts with 2x mining drill, but can smelt ores by hand
  • builder starts with mining drill + furnace in inventory
The fighter class starts with an SMG + lots of ammo, but neither mining drill nor furnace.

Copied this report over to the bug tracker on github:
https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/issues/394

lorddaedra
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by lorddaedra »

valneq wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:58 am
Presence or absence of bobplates appears to be irrelevant.
It was typo, fixed. Thanks for correcting me.

Return to β€œAngels Mods”