[1.0.0] Belt in the middle of a drag not Placed even though it was displayed "green"

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[1.0.0] Belt in the middle of a drag not Placed even though it was displayed "green"

Post by AntiElitz »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV-qMLbhxyo

This is NOT the bug where the update cycle of the game is to slow to detect the mouse passing a tile.

When dragging the belt the first tile of it is placed. The second tile is skipped, even thought it was displayed "green" before. The third and following are placed correctly. Video shows frame by frame view of a recording.

Eirenliel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.0.0] Belt in the middle of a drag not Placed even though it was displayed "green"

Post by Eirenliel »

I did some experiments, my theory is it related to starting/ending belt on existing belt. Experimented in singleplayer in editor, but used items from inventory.

Experiment 1. Ending at belt. Blue box - belt placed before, red line is where i started dragging belt fast, red arrow is the direction (left). All empty spaces are near the belt I placed before.
factorio_bug_1_into.png
factorio_bug_1_into.png (293.27 KiB) Viewed 1936 times

Experiment 2. Starting at belt. Blue box - belt placed before, red line is where i started dragging belt fast, red arrow is the direction (left). Most empty spaces are near the belt I placed before. No idea about some in the middle.
factorio_bug_1_out.png
factorio_bug_1_out.png (770.6 KiB) Viewed 1936 times

Experiment 3. Conrol. Blue box - belt placed before, red line is where i started dragging belt fast, red arrow is the direction (left). No empty spaces at all, I used existing belt jsut to mark my start, but didn't place over it.
factorio_bug_1_test.png
factorio_bug_1_test.png (537.07 KiB) Viewed 1936 times

Experiment 4. Factorio 0.18.47. Anti said it wasn't a thing till 1.0.0, I checked, looked pretty much the same to me.
factorio_bug_1_1.8.png
factorio_bug_1_1.8.png (1.07 MiB) Viewed 1936 times

Additional.

Speaking of editor: if i don't use items from inventory, but use belt brush in editor, it leaves gaps in all cases, including just dragging a belt, i guess there is no compensation for it at all.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.0.0] Belt in the middle of a drag not Placed even though it was displayed "green"

Post by Rseding91 »

The editor brush logic is a separate form of placing entities that doesn't participate in the smart-building behavior. The tool used dictates how it functions; spray, brush, cursor - none of which use the smart-building logic.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by AntiElitz »

this is not about gaps after starting point or next to ending point.
This is just about the case where a belt is missing in the middle of a newly dragged belt.

It seems to happend quiete frequently now, was not a case in 0.18 imo or maybe before blueprint libary

Here is another example of it happening (bottom lane gap):
https://clips.twitch.tv/IncredulousIncr ... olfOneHand

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

It looks like its caused someway because of the latency state and MP

Is it really a big issue?
I will move it to minor issues for now, probably you just have too high APM for what the MP expects, as well the network actions are only sent every 2 ticks

If you want, provide some super solid reproduction steps, we can take a look some day in the future

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Klonan wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:33 am
Wait. Does it not happen, when the game is not Multiplayer?
I know, the speedrunners run in Multiplayer, to not let the game stop, while in research screen to save some seconds real time

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

jodokus31 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:06 am
Klonan wrote:
I know, the speedrunners run in Multiplayer, to not let the game stop, while in research screen to save some seconds real time
I can't reproduce it at all in SP, even with my max korean level APM and highest mouse sensitivity

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Klonan wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:21 am
jodokus31 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:06 am
Klonan wrote:
I can't reproduce it at all in SP, even with my max korean level APM and highest mouse sensitivity
Interesting, maybe that makes a difference for Anti, too

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”